Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome galloooch. Sounds like the perfect match of skills for us.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
And another player (first round) with strong leadership skills & excellent Draft Combine testing ........a trend with Adelaide's recruiting style

They like strong leadership across all lines

And another player (first round) with strong leadership skills & excellent Draft Combine testing ........a trend with Adelaide's recruiting style

They like strong leadership across all lines

At least with Gallucci his strong Combine testing seems to be complemented by actual football skills. I really don't like selections made purely on Combine results

Not sure ...it was just an impression left with me ....guess we expect 18 Year olds to be a bit shy, not good at interviews, and Gallucci came across as a 75 game player in the interview below ......most young players in interviews have their head slighly downward , Gallucci has his head level / upwards ......body language

http://www.afc.com.au/video/2016-11-25/jordan-gallucci-interview-pick-15

Fair enough.

Just watched the inteview. Seemed genuinely happy to be picked up by us. I think he is intellectually mature and thats why he may come across as a 75 gamer. Like his confidence though.

At least with Gallucci his strong Combine testing seems to be complemented by actual football skills. I really don't like selections made purely on Combine results
Think the selection of Poholke reinforces your view .......footy skills first with athletic traits
Beep test
Jarrod Berry (level 15.1)
Oliver Florent (15.1)
Griffin Logue (15.1)
Harry Morrison (14.12)
Dylan Clarke (14.12)
Sam Powell-Pepper (14.7)
Liam Baker (14.5)
Tom Williamson (14.5)
Patrick Lipinski (14.5)
Jordan Gallucci (14.5)

Repeat sprint total (six x 30metre sprints)
Jordan Gallucci (24.36 seconds)

Andrew McGrath (24.44)
Bailey Morrish (24.83)
Jarrod Berry (24.99)
Ben Ainsworth (25.01)
Kym LeBois (25.08)
Griffin Logue (25.09)
Shai Bolton (25.10)
Myles Poholke (25.20)
Jacob Allison (25.30)

Clean hands test (score out of a possible 30)
Ben Jarman (28)
Oliver Florent (28)
Ryan Garthwaite (28)
Callum Brown (27)
Jarrod Berry (27)
Will Hayward (27)
Patrick Lipinski (27)
Sam Powell-Pepper (27)
Jack Bowes (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Joe Atley (26)
Myles Poholke (26)

Jonty Scharenberg (26)
Harry Perryman (26)
Jack Maibaum (26)

Initial reaction for me was that I was pissed off that Eagles picked Venables right before us and I was not stoked nor angry with Gallucci pick.

Having said that, I looked at who was selected after Gallucci and there really is not a player I would rather have over our pick. From that perspective it is a good pick for us especially since his attributes are something we do need.

I am getting a little bit concerned that most of our midfielders are all similar size. I was hoping that we would draft a big tall midfielder in our lot. None of our mids are taller types but Poholke does play taller with his great marking power.

I think Gallucci will be a good get for us and his attributes do fit well here.

Not sure ...it was just an impression left with me ....guess we expect 18 Year olds to be a bit shy, not good at interviews, and Gallucci came across as a 75 game player in the interview below ......most young players in interviews have their head slighly downward , Gallucci has his head level / upwards ......body language

http://www.afc.com.au/video/2016-11-25/jordan-gallucci-interview-pick-15
Being a co-captain of Vic Metro would suggest he's no shrinking violet

Given the type of player he is and how our midfield is lacking his zip, do we think he will be fast tracked next year?

I was surprised when Milera was selected for round 1, so we could see something similar with Gallucci

Given the type of player he is and how our midfield is lacking his zip, do we think he will be fast tracked next year?

Not surprised but I think he will have a stiff competition from Milera and others.

I doubt he plays in the midfield straight away. I think we are more likely to see him across HB, or HF or wing in his early games before he goes into the heat of the battle.

Our poster Bicks hyped him up so much as an aggresive midfielder .....when in fact he will be a HBF at AFL level

Yeah but he's 191cm and can take a grab already. Huge tank + great athleticism.

Surely in your books that all equates to 'contested marking mid' and that anybody that thinks he won't be a full time midfielder is an idiot and doesn't know what they're talking about....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but he's 191cm and can take a grab already. Huge tank + great athleticism.

Surely in your books that all equates to 'contested marking mid' and that anybody that thinks he won't be a full time midfielder is an idiot and doesn't know what they're talking about....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
You can have your opinion, that's fine ......IMO Berry will be a defender at AFL level

Time will tell which one of us is correct

Considering the shape Harry wigg has come back in and given our need for Mids could be a big chance EC. Hope so. Midfield with him, Hampton and Milera looks nice and zippy.

Absolutely love this selection, him and Milera added to the midfield will give us an extra gear, hope he is match ready from the get go, looks it.

Exactly what we needed from the sounds of it. Kicking style a little odd though, but if it does the trick then no worries from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back