Universal Love Welcome Sam Gibson :)

Remove this Banner Ad

The point is that even if he is taking up the last spot on our list there are still good players out there to be added at that late stage as we have proven. There are also plenty of duds that disappear without trace taken late. You're not to know exactly how players work out. With listings like Thompson, Shaw, Gibson and leaving spots vacant we are limiting our opportunity to strike gold.
which we're very likely to do again.

there's going to be plenty of room for speculative youngsters if there are any worth speculating on, if not on the main list then on the rookie list.

which we're very likely to do again.

there's going to be plenty of room for speculative youngsters if there are any worth speculating on, if not on the main list then on the rookie list.
It's a spot and salary

It's a spot and salary

And the rest of the money it takes to bring in the player and put them into development programs, welfare, etc... Estimated cost of that is $200k-$300k so why should club piss that into the wind if they believe that the player will never be good enough for AFL? Just to make fans happy?

The point is that even if he is taking up the last spot on our list there are still good players out there to be added at that late stage as we have proven. There are also plenty of duds that disappear without trace taken late. You're not to know exactly how players work out. With listings like Thompson, Shaw, Gibson and leaving spots vacant we are limiting our opportunity to strike gold.
Thompson and Gibson are a touch different. For instance, Sam can move around a football field.

Interesting that he seems to have been recruited as a wing based on Reid's comments, this means he won't be pushing out Galluci/Poholke.. It would possible mean pushing out Milera at times?? But more so, does this mean he upgrades Mackay/Seedsman??

Who knows much about his skills and speed, does he have a bit of pace, are his foot skills good? If so it may be a good option for the wing, seems he has great endurance, can certainly help with Lynch our main contributor there.

Are his foot skills good?

Dear god no, they’re not :)

Nowhere near the speed/footskills of Smith, though

Smiths footskills short are terrible, it’s long kicking he excels at

And Gibson is going to chew metres like Pac-Man, he’ll keep coming and coming

Besides after I first mentioned in Ben Hart came out and confirmed we’re looking at him for smiths role ;)

Sam with the aforementioned missus.

Sam+Gibson+National+Gallery+Victoria+Opening+we4P_GtT-brl.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll say it again, he’s here for a year to fill in for Brodie Smith :)
You may be correct. Benny Hart just saying he wants an "organiser" across half back. Could be Gibson. Perhaps Gibbs. Although I see Gibbs value in the middle. Will be interesting

God damn I wish we went large for Hodge.

You may be correct. Benny Hart just saying he wants an "organiser" across half back. Could be Gibson. Perhaps Gibbs. Although I see Gibbs value in the middle. Will be interesting

If you mean as a coach, absolutely I agree.

As a player, he's cooked

If you mean as a coach, absolutely I agree.

As a player, he's cooked
We'll see. Played fine this year and is a general with ultimate premiership experience. Would've loved him in our side at the G in September to bring some coolness and spite

I’ll say it again, he’s here for a year to fill in for Brodie Smith :)
Not really.

Gibson gets plenty of the ball, but is not a great user. Gives us another run with option. He is not the player we want setting up the play from the backline!

Imo, we have picked him up as experienced midfield insurance, because otherwise we would have had a net 2 experienced outs.

Gibson is not the HB organiser!

If we are not going to use Milera, then Douglas is probably the best option, followed by Gibbs & Sloane.

Nowhere near the speed/footskills of Smith, though

I reckon he plays the Mackay role, but brings more accumulation and an ability to tag
This is more likely.

Has great endurance, runs all day & accumulates plenty of possessions, without being too damaging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back