Dawson
Laird
Jones
Soligo
Michalanney
Hinge
Fogarty
Milera

That's an elite list .....and then add Curtin, C.Edwards, Murray, Welsh and Petty .....it's pretty salivating
After all those years of not having a top 10 pick, damn we got some talent now. No excuses

Didn't even hear the surname yet and everyone exploded in cheers. Crows must've told him, if you're there at our second, we'll pick you up.

They were definitely anticipating it, the 'here we go' just before the announcement

but you know for everyone of these videos, there would be a couple more of a flat room who thought they were a chance too

They were definitely anticipating it, the 'here we go' just before the announcement

but you know for everyone of these videos, there would be a couple more of a flat room who thought they were a chance too
Yeah I really feel for the kids who get all ready and have their mates around and then miss out

What % of mids are 197cm+, that’s what’s statistically significant. I hope he becomes an elite mid, we need them. Gut feel is that our need results in every high pick we get becomes a future mid, even if they’ve rarely played there.
What % of any players are 197cm+?

This is US data, but says only one in 1000 men aged 20-29 are taller.

I counted 139 players 197cm+ in the ZeroHanger list (which includes Curtin). That would make about 20% of AFL players. 5 to 10% of players would be rucks (2-4 out of a list of 40), and a lot of others that height are natural KPPs.

I don't see why being 197cm should exclude anyone from being able to play mid, it's just that taller players tend to gravitate to other positions.

(Disclaimer: I know SFA about footy strategy. I get my kicks from seeing my side win, the big goals and hangers, and poring over stats)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the YouTube algos have worked out I am a big crows fans and feeding me this stuff

ps apologies for 'Buns of steel' picture below. Had just sent to a male work colleague off for a PT session but I cant delete for some reason....

Attachments

• 1701222644693.png
    1701222644693.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
quiet time of year..our new players were all featured in Road To The Draft on afl.com.au in mths leading up to draft for anyone wanting some light hearted teen footy banter, mateship and trick shots at goal (with ChEd and Ryan at least. Havent watched Curtins yet)

To the experts here, what are your thoughts on Charlie so far?

Any chance of a debut in early rounds?

From all reports has hit the ground running

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yep, we like him so far. Good size, decent pace, knows how to get it, and a surprisingly (at least to me) long kick. Kicked a 55m goal in the scratch match vs Port.

Great size, really nice athletic abilities and sharp hands. Still raw as he hasn't had much exposure to playing inside mid but that's what makes it most exciting for me.

It will take at least a couple of injuries/suspensions for him to get a debut, but he's definitely put himself in the queue.

Sounds like Edwards played well in the Sanfl.

Get him in the 1s asap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back