Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers fans,

hope that Prestia shows in the next few years why he cost so much and why we wanted to keep him.

Can win his own ball (10+ cp a game), can get clearances (5+ a game), can get it on the outside, will tackle, will run hard.
Never a sniff of off-field problems.
Was a Vice-Captain this year.
Straight down the line character, doesn't play mind games, will get along with teammates and coaches.

Some knee strains and pcls the last 2 years but nothing major. Could have got back and played at the end of the year in 2015 and in 2016 but we were going rubbish anyway so club decided to be cautious.
Not in his prime yet, if he gets fit will be a clear A grader.

Just hope he gets stuck in traffic a couple of times a week and it rains all next winter.

Good post and thanks Stroppy..

Some seem to think on here that hes a good player or average, he is an absolute gun, unfortunately had some injuries, still young and if he can play 22 matches year on year and get a good run he is elite, a great get for us, Gun!

He wanted to leave so we got the deal done, not the other way around.

I know that was the case, but many players want to leave. I am sure we could have persuaded him with the inclusions.

I feel at his age and signs of wear and tear it was an easier decision
The rumors about problems in the playing group seemed to center of Lids. If true then maybe he was allowed to go because they felt that a more cohesive playing group is more important than his brilliance.

Plus we get to pick the eyes out of the KP draft next year. Or get Fyfe.
Need to work on Fyfe from now. Whoever got in the ears of Prestia, start doing your thing

If Fyfe is 130% the player of most others, and he's going to cost 200% the price, wouldn't it be better to find another 2 A- players next year for the same price?

I'd love to get Fyfe too, but can we avoid talking about him as some kind of messiah for the next 12 months? He's marginally better than Dusty, and I'm pretty happy with our top-end talent, it's already better than most teams.

We need to bring in more Prestia/Caddy combinations in the right positions so we've got about 15 really good players by 2018.

If Fyfe is 130% the player of most others, and he's going to cost 200% the price, wouldn't it be better to find another 2 A- players next year for the same price?

I'd love to get Fyfe too, but can we avoid talking about him as some kind of messiah for the next 12 months? He's marginally better than Dusty, and I'm pretty happy with our top-end talent, it's already better than most teams.

We need to bring in more Prestia/Caddy combinations in the right positions so we've got about 15 really good players by 2018.

Fyfe will do a Vickery to play for the club he loves: sign a two-year, $3m FA contract that Freo won't match, allowing us to keep our two first-rounders, and then sign a three-year extension for an extra mil, because Deledio Rance poster.

Five years, $4m. Bargain.

Tend to agree. If we can get a KPF and a KPD then we will be flying.

Interestingly Dion played about 16 rounds before being injured and did not finish out of the top 5 for possessions at GC and was number one on at least 3 occasions , number 2 on at least 2 occasions. I'm also watching the (some of GC) replays. what I have noticed so far is that he has a good inside and outside game, good defensive game and makes good decisions when he has the the ball......Also coming into his prime age bracket.......NOICE!!

I know that was the case, but many players want to leave. I am sure we could have persuaded him with the inclusions.

I feel at his age and signs of wear and tear it was an easier decision

Need to work on Fyfe from now. Whoever got in the ears of Prestia, start doing your thing
Sure but it appears he was out, so we accommodated him. It is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have an update on how Prestia is tracking this preseason? Think this guy is gonna be an absolute star for us. IF he plays 22 games can see him breaking into our top 3 best players

Does anyone have an update on how Prestia is tracking this preseason? Think this guy is gonna be an absolute star for us. IF he plays 22 games can see him breaking into our top 3 best players
should see him at Punt Road on the 21st with the rest of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back