Autopsy West Coast Eagles v Melbourne Demons AFL Rd 1 2020 - Sunday March 22 6:40pm AEDT (Optus Stadium) TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Eagles v Demons winner?

• Eagles by a lot

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Eagles by a small margin

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Demons by a small margin

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Melbourne making finals is usually a good sign for West Coast. Premierships in both 2006 and 2018.
The last four times Carlton have won the spoon, we've made the grand final. So if Melbourne make finals and Carlton win the spoon this year, statistically we're in for a good year. 😍

To think this could be the last game of football in 2020 just boggles the mind.

To make it interesting if we win we can take Kelly and if the Eagles win they do they can have Jackson.

To think this could be the last game of football in 2020 just boggles the mind.

To make it interesting if we win we can take Josh Kelly if Eagles win they do they can have Jackson.

wish we had Josh Kelly ;)

This could be the last game of AFL as we know it.

If they are willing to throw out 20-minute quarters under the guise of Konyvirus, what do you think they will do under the guise of Konyvirus-related financial doom?

'We have made the sad and unfortunate, but prudent and sensible decision to rationalise the competition, with six teams to remain in Victoria'.

Imagine that in Gil's voice because it could be coming to a Fox Sports tweet near you.

Fortunately for Melbourne fans, I think they may be one of the clubs who survive. My club might not be so lucky.

West Coast will almost certainly survive, even if under a different corporate entity. Although I don't think they'll even need to pull the legal switcheroo Patricks style, they've got enough wait list Members to keep the money flowing.

But for regular AFL fans, people who've grown up with the comp as we know it, a largely Victoria (tradition) centric competition, it may well be the end of the world, and I feel fine.

Quietly tipping Melbourne after a strong preseason, although I see one of Darling or Kennedy getting off the leash with five goals and winning the unofficial Coleman of 2020.

I'm going to make the most of watching this one, all the way from Military lockdown* Malaysia. Might even break out the soju to enjoy this one in style.

*Yes, military lockdown i.e. martial law, and it is probably coming your way in Aus, too -- if you think otherwise, take a look around, notice that nobody is pushing back against the unconstitutional changes taking place before our eyes, and notice that the media is already running with the 'people aren't following the stay at home rules' narrative, ask yourself what they do next, it isn't rocket science, folks; enjoy the ride!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back