West Coast - time for a rebuild?

How is Eddie Betts remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Oscar Allen, who are the future?

Petruccelle??:D

AAAaaaand Nice Deflection...
huh no deflection. Just saying we are now the lower of the 2 WA sides and need something to get excited about. Maybe we'll wake up for a derby.

prob not.

I can see us losing out and finishing 13th

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Outside of Oscar Allen, who are the future?

Petruccelle??:D
That’s the thing isn’t it? There is a heck of a lot of meh on that list.

Not one player taken by the Eagles from the last three drafts played tonight. Edwards as medical sub was closest.

There’s just not the depth. They’ve thrown the farm away for Kelly, but the question is should they have? He’s a great player but when you have as many possible holes as the Eagles do.

And I don’t think it’s a problem with the drafting per se. They haven’t picked inside the first round in years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

huh no deflection. Just saying we are now the lower of the 2 WA sides and need something to get excited about. Maybe we'll wake up for a derby.

prob not.

I can see us losing out and finishing 13th

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry. I genuinely apologize, I was caught up in the moment.

That’s the thing isn’t it? There is a heck of a lot of meh on that list.

Not one player taken by the Eagles from the last three drafts played tonight. Edwards as medical sub was closest.

There’s just not the depth. They’ve thrown the farm away for Kelly, but the question is should they have? He’s a great player but when you have as many possible holes as the Eagles do.

And I don’t think it’s a problem with the drafting per se. They haven’t picked inside the first round in years.

A fair few on our board have been clamouring for more of Luke Edwards, Harry Edwards, Jamaine Jones (currently injured) etc. Luke Foley and Xavier O'Neill are definitely fringe, though. Anyone else warranting selection?

Since we've been relatively successful (citation needed) in the past few years we haven't had access to the top end kids for a while - there's nothing we can do about that.

the comments about NN being close to AA is extraordinary.

Can tap but can’t kick, can’t run, can’t mark and doesn’t play more than 60% game time. Footy smarts isn’t that great either - classic example was him not manning the goal line. Pretty sure they teach that in under 16’s.

A fair few on our board have been clamouring for more of Luke Edwards, Harry Edwards, Jamaine Jones (currently injured) etc. Luke Foley and Xavier O'Neill are definitely fringe, though. Anyone else warranting selection?

Since we've been relatively successful (citation needed) in the past few years we haven't had access to the top end kids for a while - there's nothing we can do about that.
I mean not having access in theory is one thing, but they picked 4 times in the second round in 2018 (O’Neill, Foley, Cameron and Williams). Combined they have played 35 games of a possible 224 (not including finals). You kind of need one of those four to become a regular at a minimum to keep up the talent filter but it isn’t promising. The Kelly trade also killed you out of the first and second rounds for the last 2 years.

Can tap but can’t kick, can’t run, can’t mark and doesn’t play more than 60% game time. Footy smarts isn’t that great either - classic example was him not manning the goal line. Pretty sure they teach that in under 16’s.
On the night Goldstein becomes the most hit outs in AFL history, the question is why has he only been AA once?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Have a look at how many tackles and clearances Naitanui has and compare those stats to other rucks, even compare those stats to other midfielders. Also have a look who was defending inside defensive 50, if Naitanui goes back there that's another defender and there's nobody to kick the ball to if WC win it. That would be a gameplan issue, but more accurately it's a McGovern is a thief issue.

I mean not having access in theory is one thing, but they picked 4 times in the second round in 2018 (O’Neill, Foley, Cameron and Williams). Combined they have played 35 games of a possible 224 (not including finals). You kind of need one of those four to become a regular at a minimum to keep up the talent filter but it isn’t promising. The Kelly trade also killed you out of the first and second rounds for the last 2 years.

I still think the Tim Kelly trade was the right call - when you're in a premiership window, you move heaven and earth for A-grade talent. For various reasons, it hasn't paid off yet.

Cameron was looking okay and then he got OP. Williams is a prospect, and as a young and raw ruck he will take time. I agree that you need one of them to come on if you pick four times in the second round.

There are evident issues in the club but I don't think drafting is a key one. It's always a speculative exercise anyway, especially when you haven't had a top 10 pick in a decade.

Mate he gave Goldstein a lesson today, an All Australian full back not doing his job doesn’t mean Naitanui wasn’t superb. He’s been by far the eagles best this year and is the most influential clearance player in the league.

Have a look at how many tackles and clearances Naitanui has and compare those stats to other rucks, even compare those stats to other midfielders. Also have a look who was defending inside defensive 50, if Naitanui goes back there that's another defender and there's nobody to kick the ball to if WC win it. That would be a gameplan issue, but more accurately it's a McGovern is a thief issue.

The game was on the line. Kill the ball and reset. NN inability to a) mark the ball and b) kick the ball would have been a far inferior option - one instance tonight
he got the ball at half back, advertised where he was going and McDonald cut it off easy as.

Behind meant Hurn takes the kick, straight up the middle 60-70m plus.

I would like to see how effective NN’s floating chaos balls are when gets the clearance.

The game was on the line. Kill the ball and reset. NN inability to a) mark the ball and b) kick the ball would have been a far inferior option - one instance tonight
he got the ball at half back, advertised where he was going and McDonald cut it off easy as.

Behind meant Hurn takes the kick, straight up the middle 60-70m plus.

I would like to see how effective NN’s floating chaos balls are when gets the clearance.
Naitanui winning a clearance at all is effective considering the soft pricks around him 😂

Back