West Coast vs Richmond - Top of the Table Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigers have beaten 5th and 6th but no other top 8 sides.
Can only beat who we play, guy.

And using ladder positions this early in the season is dumb. Sure we only beat 2 top 8 sides looking at the ladder now, but North were sitting 7th before this round. So they where a top 8 team before we played them and they would be a top 8 team if they beat us.
So basically if we won the game "we didnt beat a top 8 team" and if we lost the game "we lost to a top 8 team". So pointless.

Beating North and Pies were both solid wins against teams pushing for top 8. They should just be in the same category as the Melbourne win.

West Coast are on a hiding to nothing with this one.

Win = "Richmond cant play away/ Look at their outs/ Grand Final isn't held at Optus/ etc"

Lose = "Flat track bullies/ Haven't beaten anyone/ Pretenders/ etc"

I will take a win over a loss, but I don't think we'll be rated either way by the pundits on the result of this one.

I don't know why you would be concerned if we are rated or not, you can only beat who is put in front of you and if the Eagles win this weekend make no mistake the media will be positive in saying you can't argue with 8-1 win/loss record at this point.
I don't buy into this Richmond don't care about this game as it doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things. Richmond won the flag because they have got passed this kind of nonsense and are a professional outfit that play to win all the time.
I expect this to be a cracking game between the current two best sides in the comp and no matter who is on the losing end of this game both sides will be travelling nicely.

And using ladder positions this early in the season is dumb. Sure we only beat 2 top 8 sides looking at the ladder now, but North were sitting 7th before this round. So they where a top 8 team before we played them and they would be a top 8 team if they beat us.
So basically if we won the game "we didnt beat a top 8 team" and if we lost the game "we lost to a top 8 team". So pointless.
What about ladder positions from last season? So far the Tigers have only played one team from the 2017 top 8 and they lost.

Can only beat who we play, guy.

Beating North and Pies were both solid wins against teams pushing for top 8. They should just be in the same category as the Melbourne win.
Sure. Hence why I was trying to illustrate why the point the poster I quoted made was irrelevant.

I hate this whole "they havent beaten a top 8 side so it doesn't count" business.

Even the best sides lose to teams in the bottom 8. The fact that each of these teams has beaten almost half the league is enough for them to be the 2 best teams. Does a team need to be 21-1 to be considered "legit?" Give me a break.

Looking forward to it.Will be disapointed if we have a flat spot and the opposition get a bunch of goals in a short space of time.Also will be disapointed if we let the opposition get a cheapie or two in the last few minutes.Would like it to be one of those games that is close throughout.
Staying consistent for the full 100 minutes and easing up in the last few minutes are the bits I worry about.

What about ladder positions from last season? So far the Tigers have only played one team from the 2017 top 8 and they lost.
Last years ladder positions are totally irrelevant. Essendon were top 8 last year and likely bottom 4 this year. Hawks were not top 8 last year and likely top 8 this year. Giants were 4th last year and out of the 8 currently. Teams like north and collingwood are playing much better than they were last year and wins against them are hard fought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t trolling is s**t trolling. And it wasn't an actual retort. What it was was highlighting a dumb post designed to pull down a thread which actually could be good into a shitfiight.
The thread asked for my predictions and thoughts. I responded and stated that you would win this game and your confidence would peak as a result.

I predicted that the premiership loss and the fireworks that wil result will be entertaining. I genuinely believe that your supporters are over confident, you won’t win the flag and you will eat your own. It’s going to be amusing to watch as a neutral.

Hiding to nothing this week...win and it means nothing because it was at home and probably something to do with umpires...lose and the good start means nothing, can’t beat good sides blah blah :drunk::drunk::drunk:

It is however outstanding troll bait, you don’t often get a ‘win win’ scenario like this.

The thread asked for my predictions and thoughts. I responded and stated that you would win this game and your confidence would peak as a result.

I predicted that the premiership loss and the fireworks that wil result will be entertaining. I genuinely believe that your supporters are over confident, you won’t win the flag and you will eat your own. It’s going to be amusing to watch as a neutral.

Whatevs mate. Good luck with the fishing.

We haven’t beaten many top 8 teams because we’re the reason they sit out the 8. If they’d beaten us, they probably sit in the 8.

Anyway, WCE are due for a loss. ;)

Pretty much this. Reason those sides are out of the 8 is because they lost to us. By seasons end they could be top 8 sides and this entire argument is invalid.

Pretty much this. Reason those sides are out of the 8 is because they lost to us. By seasons end they could be top 8 sides and this entire argument is invalid.

It’s the most ridiculous point posters make to discredit both our sides.

This means everything to West Coast and nothing much to us. Pressure on them
If WC win by heaps and then WC lose to Richmond at MCG in grand final it will show that grand final needs to be rotated as it's exactly what happened last year between Adelaide and Richmond.

More pressure on AFL to rotate it which is good

Probably the biggest match of season 2018 so far. Whoever wins will make a big statement, but I feel the Tigers winning away will be a bigger one: it will basically say that if we can beat you at your home, you're Buckley's change at the MCG. I kind of feel we have to win this one to really be taken seriously as a premiership contender, not that, of course, losing means we're somehow ruled out. But it should be a mouth-watering clash.
Yep this.
If we win away against a great opponent, people will start to do away with the "cant win without the MCG mantra." If we lose, you know thats what everyone is going to say.

Your exactly right with the Eagles scenario too. Lose at home, and you can probably write off having a chance at the MCG against us if we meet again.

Its a close match, that any side could win, the way the Eagles have played through injury has really impressed all season, and at a ground where I dont think any of our players have played before, I give the edge to West Coast.

Unfortunately I think we will drop this one, but as long as we are competitive for 4 quarters I think we can take a lot out of it. Every side will drop at least a few games for the year, and this looks like being one of ours.

Eagles by 20.

If WC win by heaps and then WC lose to Richmond at MCG in grand final it will show that grand final needs to be rotated as it's exactly what happened last year between Adelaide and Richmond.

More pressure on AFL to rotate it which is good

There is no pressure on the AFL, they just resigned another agreement for a further 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back