West Coast vs Richmond - Top of the Table Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone reply to this. You tried to build it up but then basically just said it’s a meaningless game as it’s only May and the GF is played on Richmonds home ground.
You play 11 games on your home ground during the year that gets you into finals... UNFAIR!!!

Eagles should win comfortably with the match being played on their home ground.

Last years ladder positions are totally irrelevant. Essendon were top 8 last year and likely bottom 4 this year. Hawks were not top 8 last year and likely top 8 this year. Giants were 4th last year and out of the 8 currently. Teams like north and collingwood are playing much better than they were last year and wins against them are hard fought.

Means nothing. I'd rather play GWS and Essendon right now over North and West Coast for example.
Lads, when you're replying to someone who was replying to someone else. Check the post I replied too from a Richmond supporter saying "ladder position this year doesn't mean anything"

Following it up with "ladder position last year means nothing" is kind of redundant. You're basically saying ladder position means nothing when looking at a teams draw. Pretty good analysis though, Tigers have had the hardest draw this year and still on top!

Thoughts/predictions? Should be a great game of footy. Tigers will win by 10 points.

The tigers will win the may premiership. Their fans will be insufferable. The Hyperbole will reach new heights. I will wait patiently until September and revel in their demise. At which time the salt levels will have peaked.

It’s going to be a good year.
I just feel bad for you

Looking like all the other teams in the 8 have "easy" 4 points coming up, need to keep a gap if you want top 2.
I was thinking the short break between Melbourne and Collingwood was going to catch up sooner or later, depends on outs but also expect any ins to be playing the tiger 'Manic' way also.
Should be a ripper game

What about ladder positions from last season? So far the Tigers have only played one team from the 2017 top 8 and they lost.
Even more irrelevant tbh. Who gives a s**t about how each team was last year, that was LAST year. Teams improve and teams get worse.
Hawthorns clearly a much better team this year and will most likely finish top 8, so why does how they played last year matter to how you rate them this year?

Not particularly confident, given it's in Perth but I do think we do match up well against West Coast. Also their large ground helps as well. I forgot how small Etihad was. Small grounds definitely don't suit us.

Darling v Astbury and Rance v Kennedy will be intriguing battles.

If WC win by heaps and then WC lose to Richmond at MCG in grand final it will show that grand final needs to be rotated as it's exactly what happened last year between Adelaide and Richmond.

More pressure on AFL to rotate it which is good
No it doesnt. Do teams play at the same level all the way through??
Richmond round 6 and Richmond Grand Final where 2 different teams. We improved as the season went on and our belief did as well. On top of that the actual players were different. I really have no idea how people think the ground is the only thing that changed, that makes no sense.

Even more irrelevant tbh. Who gives a s**t about how each team was last year, that was LAST year. Teams improve and teams get worse.
Hawthorns clearly a much better team this year and will most likely finish top 8, so why does how they played last year matter to how you rate them this year?
Gee whiz, so you're saying the Tigers have had the hardest draw so far?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond are the clear dominant team in the comp as their supporters seem to believe they should have no fears coming to Perth to play a team that has fielded 6 debutants in 8 rounds.

Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn never feared coming here. Good teams win everywhere.

Pretty sure the reigning champions won't fear travelling anywhere. They got belted in a similar game last year but we all know the roles were reversed in the game that mattered. Adelaide tuned them up in the '' grand final rematch '' this year already. You guys have more to lose than Richmond.

Intriguing game this. Apart from top spot, who has most to gain and most to lose?

Richmond - lose this and the knock on them that they get an armchair ride at the G only intensifies. Win, and anyone who claims they are not the dominant team of the comp can go and get f*****

West Coast - lose, and the FTB claims resurface. Win... well, if we win, it'll only be because we're playing at home, innit.
Precisely. But it will be a great scalp nonetheless. But I agree with you 100 percent.

Let's hope for a ripping contest regardless. Your boys are travelling fantastic and have been for me the best side to watch so far.

Thoughts/predictions? Should be a great game of footy. Tigers will win by 10 points.

The tigers will win the may premiership. Their fans will be insufferable. The Hyperbole will reach new heights. I will wait patiently until September and revel in their demise. At which time the salt levels will have peaked.

It’s going to be a good year.

Lol you read scared *chortle*

I would say WCE are a 60/40 chance in this game, should be a cracker. Their form has been great and on the home deck I expect them to have enough to get over the line. As has been said a few of our boys have looked a bit sore.

I expect WCE to make the GF this year, they have the Rioli effect working for them this year. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure every AFL club that's drafted a Rioli has made the GF within 2 seasons. Looking forward to Tiges drafting Maurice Jnr next year I think. ;)

Surprised how little confidence WC supporters have.

Hard surface over there and carrying a lot of sore players. In my eyes, this is 70-30 in the Eagles favour, a win for us would be an absolute bonus.
I'm surprised your supporters are saying you might rest players and basically chalk this down as a loss. That's absolute nonsense. This is a top of the table fixture and still '' early '' in the season that there is lots of football to be played. Every game is important as at this stage you still have to cement top 4 and top 2, and obviously play finals. This is a yard stick match and no way in hell players will get rested unless they have to be. With west coast's outs and depending on who's coming in they're not a 70-30 chance to win. They've been fantastic as have you guys but quoting them as a 70 percent chance to win is bullshit.

There's already excuses and down playing at the moment from both camps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back