Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Short is too talented to not give a run in the whites when he's next available.

Drop Whiteman and Cartwright and bring in a Carder. Give them a chance. If we go back to, say, a Wells - then kill me now.

We also don't need 10 keepers. Drop Inglis, commit to Philippe as keeper or drop Whiteman back to 7.

Drop Whiteman and Cartwright and bring in a Carder. Give them a chance. If we go back to, say, a Wells - then kill me now.

We also don't need 10 keepers. Drop Inglis, commit to Philippe as keeper or drop Whiteman back to 7.

Carder would've given us a spin option (offies) this game as well.

Green, Kelly and Jhye should probably form our next top order really
Nah, 4, 5, 6. Try to keep them away from the new ball.

Number 4 is often in within the first 10 overs anyway though
Yeah but Green can handle it and Marsh seems to be in okay form too in fairness.

I disagree with some of this tbh.

Short and Wells are good short form cricketers but should be no where near the shield side. Stats show Short is a woeful long form player. He has value as back up to Agar - that’s about it. Wells is just rubbish outside of t20s

Whiteman was a gun keeper - he isn’t an opener. Seems to have dropped off drastically since he injured his finger.

Philippe isn’t a good enough gloveman to keep in a shield game. Inglis is genuinely our best option imo. It’s not great but it’s reality.

Real shame about Cartwright. He’s a guy who almost genuinely earned a test spot will the bat. Now he seems to get a game off that despite the fact that is a distant memory.

Also Mitch Marsh should be no where near captain of any team ever. I know he’s injured now but the guy it’s basically cancer. Destroys every team he’s part of and every time you think you’ve ****ed him off for good he’s back again.

I disagree with some of this tbh.

Short and Wells are good short form cricketers but should be no where near the shield side. Stats show Short is a woeful long form player. He has value as back up to Agar - that’s about it. Wells is just rubbish outside of t20s

Whiteman was a gun keeper - he isn’t an opener. Seems to have dropped off drastically since he injured his finger.

Philippe isn’t a good enough gloveman to keep in a shield game. Inglis is genuinely our best option imo. It’s not great but it’s reality.

Real shame about Cartwright. He’s a guy who almost genuinely earned a test spot will the bat. Now he seems to get a game off that despite the fact that is a distant memory.

Also Mitch Marsh should be no where near captain of any team ever. I know he’s injured now but the guy it’s basically cancer. Destroys every team he’s part of and every time you think you’ve ****ed him off for good he’s back again.
My logic with Short is that he's a worth a go before he tries to leave for Shield cricket elsewhere. He may not come off, but he's worth a try first.

I agree with Wells being rubbish, I don't think I indicated otherwise.

Turner would probably be a better captain than Marsh but I think calling Mitch a cancer is very harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My logic with Short is that he's a worth a go before he tries to leave for Shield cricket elsewhere. He may not come off, but he's worth a try first.

I agree with Wells being rubbish, I don't think I indicated otherwise.

Turner would probably be a better captain than Marsh but I think calling Mitch a cancer is very harsh.

Can’t help but think that ship has sailed with Short tbh.

Personally I don’t think calling Mitch Marsh’s captaincy a cancer is harsh at all. He’s the last regular shield player I’d want captaining a shield side.

Hardly ever performs at the level required (as evidenced over and over), unprofessional on and off the field (as evidenced just the other day), bats higher in the order than he should (bats four for WA when’s he’s a number eight at best) and has been handed half his cricketing achievements on a platter (as evidenced by the fact he’s ever played test cricket at all).

Last edited:
Sounds like Mitch has been putting one end through a bigfooty member sister :think:

Any case a pretty ordinary performance save for Green and Marsh in the first innings.

Can’t help but think that ship has sailed with Short tbh.

Personally I don’t think calling Mitch Marsh’s captaincy a cancer is harsh at all. He’s the last regular shield player I’d want captaining a shield side.

Hardly ever performs at the level required (as evidenced over and over), unprofessional on and off the field (as evidenced just the other day), bats higher in the order than he should (bats four for WA when’s he’s a number eight at best) and has been handed half his cricketing achievements on a platter (as evidenced by the fact he’s ever played test cricket at all).

I follow most WA matches ball-by-ball and I've not see, or heard of, any evidence of on-field unprofessionalism. Off the field there is one incident, punching the wall. Again, not heard of any other incidents apart from that one. The other reasons are not relevant to the statement you made; it's not Mitch's fault if he was selected for WA or Australia based on potential alone or that he keeps getting selected even though he's not performed to his ability. Calling him a cancer is not only way over the top, it's downright dumb.

Feel like Whiteman is being wasted as an opener. Played some crucial innings for WA down the order as a keeper. Keeping might not be his thing but i'd still like to see him bat down the order.

Feel like Whiteman is being wasted as an opener. Played some crucial innings for WA down the order as a keeper. Keeping might not be his thing but i'd still like to see him bat down the order.

I'd rather WA give Hardy, Hope or Spoors games down the order than Whiteman. Players like that are the future and it's time to start making some tough choices on players like Whiteman, Cartwright etc. One potential opener to give another go is Jake Carder. Moving Phillippe around the order to fill gaps isn't doing his game any good.

I'd rather WA give Hardy, Hope or Spoors games down the order than Whiteman. Players like that are the future and it's time to start making some tough choices on players like Whiteman, Cartwright etc. One potential opener to give another go is Jake Carder. Moving Phillippe around the order to fill gaps isn't doing his game any good.

How Cartwright has a baggy green cap absolutely baffles me

How Cartwright has a baggy green cap absolutely baffles me

Had a really good year or so leading to his selection, but did look to have the qualities about him even though it was a bit premature. But it's very confusing how he's completely gone backwards when at this age and experience he should be at his peak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back