Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

The Port footy board here is a cesspit of negativity and one-up-manship as to who can be the most miserable. But for immaturite tantrum throwing and sheer ignorance of any good performance you'd just about take the cake.

I saw a good portion of Sunday's match and it was a pretty solid win. Never all that easy with the rain interfering with the first innings and terrific to see the finish with the ball thanks to Coulter-Nile and Tye (which I note went unremarked). I didn't see anything of yesterday, but again looks like Hughes is in red-hot touch at the moment and really set the game up. End of the day it's three and one now I suppose that's the time to sack everyone and disband the association?

Hey, I just call it as I see it.

The boys ought to take this tournament, doing so well and stumbling last year surely has lit a fire in their bellies. The games against NSW reeked a little of complacency to me, and we've not earned that right.

Voges concerns me as he's allowed the Scorchers squad to leak like a sieve. Ironically, injuries will probably mean the squad is actually balanced for once and a few international bats will hopefully salvage a respectable season.

The Shield is the one we all want, though.

The boys ought to take this tournament, doing so well and stumbling last year surely has lit a fire in their bellies. The games against NSW reeked a little of complacency to me, and we've not earned that right.

Voges concerns me as he's allowed the Scorchers squad to leak like a sieve. Ironically, injuries will probably mean the squad is actually balanced for once and a few international bats will hopefully salvage a respectable season.

I think if you keep your core together you'll be a chance. Especially if Turner's able to bowl. Front line of Richo, Agar, Kelly and Paris with support from Stoinis/Marsh and Turner is a well balanced attack, as well as the benefits of having Agar at 8 and not needing the four front line quicks

So you're in favour of the Voges appointment?

Neither here nor there. I have never had dealings with him as a coach.

True but it's always very emotive, hysterical and on the negative side. I've also been surprised at the extent of the exodus from the Scorchers, Marsh and Coulter-Nile are very big losses. Cartwright a guy who would preferably be among those to step up and take a top order role, but jury still very much out on his ability in the T20 format.

Pretty reasonable lead-in for a lot of them. I still think Philippe gets the gloves ahead of Whiteman though.

Bancroft
Whiteman
S.Marsh
M.Marsh
Stoinis
Short
Philippe+
Agar
Richardson
Paris
Kelly

Looks like a pretty reasonable first round lineup.

Squad: Mitchell Marsh (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft (+), Hilton Cartwright, Cameron Green, Josh Inglis (+), Matt Kelly, Shaun Marsh, Joel Paris, Josh Philippe (+), Jhye Richardson, Marcus Stoinis, Sam Whiteman (+)

I think that turns into:

Bancroft
Whiteman
S Marsh
M Marsh (c)
Stoinis
Philippe
Inglis (+)
Agar
Paris
Richardson
Kelly

Squad: Mitchell Marsh (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft (+), Hilton Cartwright, Cameron Green, Josh Inglis (+), Matt Kelly, Shaun Marsh, Joel Paris, Josh Philippe (+), Jhye Richardson, Marcus Stoinis, Sam Whiteman (+)

I think that turns into:

Bancroft
Whiteman
S Marsh
M Marsh (c)
Stoinis
Philippe
Inglis (+)
Agar
Paris
Richardson
Kelly
I’d be playing Hilton ahead of Inglis.

C Bancroft
S Whiteman
S Marsh
M Marsh
H Cartwright
M Stoinis
J Philippe (+)
A Agar
J Richardson
J Paris
M Kelly

Decent outfit but it’s hard to stomach missing Behrendorff and NCN from the whites these days.

I’d be playing Hilton ahead of Inglis.

C Bancroft
S Whiteman
S Marsh
M Marsh
H Cartwright
M Stoinis
J Philippe (+)
A Agar
J Richardson
J Paris
M Kelly

Decent outfit but it’s hard to stomach missing Behrendorff and NCN from the whites these days.

For sure, but hard to begrudge Kelly and Paris given their performances when they have had a chance over the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure, but hard to begrudge Kelly and Paris given their performances when they have had a chance over the years.
Really like Kelly; can see Paris going down the Behr path of not reaching his potential in the whites due to injuries though. Fingers crossed he plays a full season.

Really like Kelly; can see Paris going down the Behr path of not reaching his potential in the whites due to injuries though. Fingers crossed he plays a full season.

Agree it's frustrating so see some fantastic talent not reach their full potential. But I guess in some way it opens the door for the next highly talented but injury concerned crop! - Paris, Green, Kelly... much rather that then be like the void in South Australia at the moment.

Unfortunately Paris is not bowling for the rest of the WA vs. Tas game now, out with hamstring awareness. I rate him very highly but man, he rarely gets a long run at it without injury.

Unfortunately Paris is not bowling for the rest of the WA vs. Tas game now, out with hamstring awareness. I rate him very highly but man, he rarely gets a long run at it without injury.

To me it looks like he's lost that late swing he had a few years back. That's what made him really dangerous. Now Might be time for WA to use him as a short format player only.

Agree it's frustrating so see some fantastic talent not reach their full potential. But I guess in some way it opens the door for the next highly talented but injury concerned crop! - Paris, Green, Kelly... much rather that then be like the void in South Australia at the moment.

Aaron Hardy is another one you can add to that list.

To me it looks like he's lost that late swing he had a few years back. That's what made him really dangerous. Now Might be time for WA to use him as a short format player only.
Like all our best bowlers? Bat, perhaps, Richardson.

I don't know. I'm surprised there's never any questions asked of the fitness staff.
I don’t know if it’s our fitness staff or cricket development but we’ve lost years and careers from some of our best bowlers nationwide.

Mitchell Marsh injures hand after hitting dressing room wall
A WACA statement said: "Marsh sustained the injury when he struck the wall in the changerooms following his dismissal earlier in the day. The extent of the injury and a timeframe on his return will be determined later this week after further investigation."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::drunk::drunk:

Does this after putting in probably his first good genuine all-round performance in the Shield in recent memory, too - 40 off 48 and 53 off 85 with the bat, and 2/60 off 23 overs with the ball, plus a catch, and captaining a pretty decently balanced bowling effort.

This was really going to be a make-or-break summer for Mitch IMO, a chance to really get some consistent cricket under his belt and push for Aussie selection on pure merit rather than the ever-present "potential", and it's possibly derailed by this stupid stuff. Idiocy.

Mitchell Marsh injures hand after hitting dressing room wall

:rolleyes::rolleyes::drunk::drunk:

Does this after putting in probably his first good genuine all-round performance in the Shield in recent memory, too - 40 off 48 and 53 off 85 with the bat, and 2/60 off 23 overs with the ball, plus a catch, and captaining a pretty decently balanced bowling effort.

This was really going to be a make-or-break summer for Mitch IMO, a chance to really get some consistent cricket under his belt and push for Aussie selection on pure merit rather than the ever-present "potential", and it's possibly derailed by this stupid stuff. Idiocy.

What a dickhead

A pretty average (WA for the last 20 years) start by WA in the Shield with that tame draw at home against TAS.
Paris breaks down again, M.Marsh breaks his hand punching a wall and heard Green has a side strain as well.
Kelly who should have played this game will replace Paris and the WA selectors will probably play it safe and bring back Cartwright or Short for MM.
The likes of Moody, Mackin, Guthrie, Morris or Hardie will come in for Green if his injury keeps him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back