Autopsy Western Bulldogs v Collingwood - AFL 2020 Rd 1 - Friday 20 March 2020 - 7:50 PM (AEST) - MARVEL STADIUM

Who wins Dogs v Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

5 less games to get wins, and their percentage is already horrible at under 40. They've made it difficult for themselves.
Every team this year will have a stinker. Probably more than one. You don't overreact to one no matter when it is. Let's wait and see for a few weeks maybe?

I thought Bevo said he was going to toughen up his team after they got belted by GWS in last year's finals.

Collingwood just did the same thing, they were tougher and harder and the Dogs just meekly rolled over, Bontempelli was one of the worst offenders as captain.

Got blown out half way through the second and both teams cruised to the finish. Not much to take from this game apart from Grundy = god and Gardner = spud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing that still hurts my brain is Bigfooty posters making blanket statements after round 1 and completely overreacting on teams and players.
We always knew the bulldogs had an average forward line but their midfield is pretty universally regarded as being elite. For them to cop a beating like that was pretty concerning. Most of it was on the back of the homicide grundy commited on English but their mids have never relied on ruck dominance before.

One game i know but jeez...

Only when it's in the Prelim - as you and I both know in recent years...
But yeah, wise words Juss.
Over the last 3 years I've seen every team get decimated, it happens. Pies were super and Bulldogs stunk, but Ive already seen them written off for finals in this thread lol.

I do not at all doubt his endeavour and hardness for the contest, but I think Collingwood look so much more damaging going forward when Treloar isn't in the team. Not having those errant kicks (at a high %) burn them on the rebound.

Back