Preview Wet Coat Beagles vs. North Melbourne - 12/7 at 5:40pm AWST - Optus Stadium - Rd 17, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wet game won't suit all their tall marking players, both forward and back, a good old fashioned, contested slog on the cards, upset result no way out of the question, already been a few this rd.

Hope to hear plenty of support from our WA brothers and sisters amongst the noise of affirmation, as per usual.

Its days like this I am absolutely dumbfounded why the stadium designers in Perth didn’t put a retractable roof on the stadium..

Instead of playing this game in clean conditions, the boys are going to be battling a cyclone.

The only positive is the 60k flog supporters will be constantly drenched to, from and during the game.

Its days like this I am absolutely dumbfounded why the stadium designers in Perth didn’t put a retractable roof on the stadium..

Instead of playing this game in clean conditions, the boys are going to be battling a cyclone.

The only positive is the 60k flog supporters will be constantly drenched to, from and during the game.
Can see it now. A burst of rain. Crowd groans. Margetts becomes confused. Free kick to the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m glad they don’t.
Wet wheather footy is a great part of the game.
Not everything needs to be sanitised and controlled.
Some players excel in these conditions.
I reckon our players will love it. Bring it on mate!
(He says from the comfort of home warm and dry behind a keyboard! - but I’d go if it was wet and here in Melbourne - love wet weather footy).

Can see it now. A burst of rain. Crowd groans. Margetts becomes confused. Free kick to the Eagles.
TBF this muppet gets out of bed confused..

As we speak ol mate will be at home practicing his ‘free kick Eagles’ in front of the bathroom mirror with his whistle in one hand and his sportsbet phone account in his other hand, just working out what’s the best line odds he can get get for himself..

I’m glad they don’t.
(He says from the comfort of home warm and dry behind a keyboard! - but I’d go if it was wet and here in Melbourne - love wet weather footy).
Don’t get me wrong mate Im old school and loved playing in the wet, but not in a cyclone. 😂

It doesn't rain enough to be worth the extra cost.

Shirley many don’t turn up given the conditions. I can’t imagine many leaving their Peppermint Grove manors to trudge through the slop and sit in the rain.

Don’t get me wrong mate Im old school and loved playing in the wet, but not in a cyclone. 😂

WA has this kind of weather for maybe 2 weeks of the year, the rest is scattered showers. this game has been scheduled right in the middle of this 2 week period.

if there was a roof on optus stadium it wouldn't be because of rain, it would be for the rest of the time when it's sunny AF or blistering summer heat.

I’m glad they don’t.
I reckon the hot tropical conditions in a place like Cairns, with a monsoon downpour would just about create the perfect conditions for an entertaining game of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back