Autopsy What a nail biter! Pies lose by 3 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

I have nothing to say at the moment apart from feeling proud and upbeat despite a shattering loss.

I saw enough to maintain hope for our prospects in the near future. There's still deficiencies we need to work on but this was chalk and cheese compared to last week's encounter against Richmond.

Still baffling how we perform well against good sides, but let ourselves down against the sides around us. It's been the most frustrating part of the season in my opinion.

An absolute certainty is next week will be an insipid, putrid performance against the Gold Coast.

We always back up good efforts against good teams with weak efforts against weaker teams.

GC by 26 points.

I have nothing to say at the moment apart from feeling proud and upbeat despite a shattering loss.

I saw enough to maintain hope for our prospects in the near future. There's still deficiencies we need to work on but this was chalk and cheese compared to last week's encounter against Richmond.

Still baffling how we perform well against good sides, but let ourselves down against the sides around us. It's been the most frustrating part of the season in my opinion.
Three games stand out for me. The wins against Brisbane and Cats, where we kept both near scoreless for the first quarter but were able to kick at least 4 goals ourselves (the high); and the Saints game (the low)... The Saints game was so bad that it reminded me of Adams' kicking when he first arrived; or James Aish' form. It was too bad to be what I'd expect from the talent in question. The low will improve.

Just got home from work, saw bits and pieces but just watched the highlights. Disappointing to lose, but being competitive is a positive sign.

PS. I might not have seen much of the game, but I saw you going off your tree TD! Fire up son!

Just got home from work, saw bits and pieces but just watched the highlights. Disappointing to lose, but being competitive is a positive sign.

PS. I might not have seen much of the game, but I saw you going off your tree TD! Fire up son!
Haha you should have seen the game day thread when TD popped up on tv. It was so lit.

Why can't people just see as us we are? A team building, just like Melbourne or St. Kilda.

We're young we're going to be inconsistent but there's so much to like. Grundy, Treloar, Adams,Maynard, Moore, Aish.

I think we've got one of the best young sides in the league, we need to add a couple of pieces and we'll be right up there.

I'm exited about where we're going!
Too much common sense by you.

Was a great contest, heart in mouth stuff in the last, Moore very impressive as was treloar, you guys had a good crack which is all you can ask for
:rolleyes:

Save it, Burnt Chook

Gees that pisses me off.

We were good. Bloody good but we have some blokes out there who constantly break our heart. Jon Marsh, Jarryd Blair and Adam Oxley just aren't up to it even as depth at present. It just kills me watching Marsh's lack of composure, Blairs lack of impact and Oxley's lack of desire.

That said Trealor was absolutely sensational. He's an absolutely elite footballer and an absolute monty to be a future AA. Whatever we paid for him was worth it.

Watching the development of Aish is a genuine pleasure. He's pure silk and has fantastic decision making and game sense. He's an absolutely fantastic pick up and that's a genuine relief to say that.

Grundy and Moore are just so pivotal to us. They're both already good footballers but have even more upside which is great for us. Moore especially is just a babe in football terms but his raw potential is just off the charts. He's already taking regular contested marks inside F50, just wait until his body fills out while retaining that amazing athleticism. Wow!

I don't want to come across a condescending suckhole, but well played last night Collingwood. Hell of a game. Both teams were outstanding. You guys have a incredibly talented young list. You will play finals next year. Can we please have Moore on our list? F-ing unreal.

The only reason I post my well wishes as you guys show great respect on our board and actually contribute, be it match discussion or for a laugh - it's most refreshing. At the moment we have North and Saints who hate our club with a passion. The end result is a s**t fight in any correspondence between boards.

The Bont is a poor man's Pendles.
With respect, he didn't look like it last night. Kid is only 20 and already rated in the top 10 players in the comp. I only hope that Bont turns out to have a career with the sustained excellence that Pendlebury has blessed Collingwood with.

Taking aside some baffling umpiring and ordinary disposal skills, to me it was little moments of ill discipline or ball handling errors that killed our chances. Those down field push in the back decisions, a critical fumble when clear of a contest. They're what got us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With respect, he didn't look like it last night. Kid is only 20 and already rated in the top 10 players in the comp. I only hope that Bont turns out to have a career with the sustained excellence that Pendlebury has blessed Collingwood with.
I though the Bont was quality when the game needed to be won.

I didn't see any game from Blair.
Is truly struggling to have any influence on the game.
He did a couple of nice things, but I agree, it maybe time for him to look elsewhere.
He will certainly not get picked ahead of Elliott which is essentially his role now and a fit Broomhead would have kept him out this year anyway

Taking aside some baffling umpiring and ordinary disposal skills, to me it was little moments of ill discipline or ball handling errors that killed our chances. Those down field push in the back decisions, a critical fumble when clear of a contest. They're what got us.
Yep, a couple of handling errors and a couple of moments where we chose options which got chopped off hurt us in the end. We need to learn to play the percentages a little more often because those turn overs are hard to recover from.

He did a couple of nice things, but I agree, it maybe time for him to look elsewhere.
He will certainly not get picked ahead of Elliott which is essentially his role now and a fit Broomhead would have kept him out this year anyway
For a senior player he goes missing far to often, a fully fit list and this bloke surely doesn't get a game

The doggies were willing to run in numbers in the last, and that made a difference too, but yes, our disposal and decision making were the biggest factor.

The team that went onto the ground last night is our future...and our future looks pretty good

It is definitely not a list issue for us. That future also includes Fasolo, Ramsey, Elliot, Sharenberg, Broomhead & Cox who all didn't play last night.

If we can make some changes to our football department to increase the footy IP / IQ of that group and fix up what from the outside looks a poor fitness department, we play finals next year. We have the list.

Special mention must be made for Goldsack's effort tonight.He was courage personified tonight.He kept us in the game with his marking and his courage over the ball.I don't know why he was kept in the reserves for so long.He's twice the player that Marsh is,and they're both basically competing for the same spot in the team.

Reminded me of Maxwell actually. Really played for the jumper!

Don't worry champ he will eclipse Pendles unfortunately.
He is a match winner and superstar whereas Pendles just a mere superstar.

Was a good game and good luck in the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back