What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In addition to Rough, I'd fully expect JMac to be going hard after Fletch, Red & BTC..

Afterall JMac gave them nice contracts here so he obviously rates them very highly ...
Unfortunately he will probably put that to their list committee and get laughed out the room and they will check how long his probation period is

I really wish someone would hold that prick to account.
The obsession and focus on Tom Boyd over the years has been incredible.

If you watch last weeks game you will soon see Boyd getting his back worked on in the game.
Why would we make up an injury - its ridiculous it really is !

FIRST-TIME Western Bulldogs skipper Jason Johannisen says he's more equipped to beat future tags after he "conceded" last week against Hawthorn.

In the absence of Marcus Bontempelli (appendix) and captain Easton Wood (hamstring), Johannisen will take the reins for Saturday's clash with Melbourne at the MCG.

BONT DRAMA Star out after hospital dash

Ahead of the clash, which also doubles as his 100th game, Johannisen has spent the week working on his deficiencies.

Last week against Hawthorn, Johannisen was shut out of the Bulldogs' second-half capitulation. It is not the first time he has been tagged out of a game.

Coming into this football club, I never thought it could happen. Even to play one game and now 100 and captain, it will be really special.

Against the Hawks, he amassed 25 disposals in a blistering opening half, but Harry Morrison reduced him to seven touches after the main break as Hawthorn booted 12 of the last 14 goals.

"I thought I had a lot of impact in the first half and unfortunately dropped away," Johannisen told AFL.com.au.

"Looking at the vision with (defensive coach) Steven King, there's some ways I can stay involved in the game, so I'm going to look forward to bringing that this week.

"Probably using my strengths a bit more, I conceded a little bit (last week). I'm going to use my speed and my work rate to push to as many contests as I can to try and impact."

The Norm Smith medallist is averaging 20 disposals from all 15 games this season after being used in a variety of roles, including across half-forward.

A number of clubs physically targeted Johannisen last season after his feats in the 2016 premiership.

Ahead of Saturday's milestone, the 25-year-old reflected on a journey from a shy East Fremantle rookie, to leading his football club on the big stage.

"When I first came here (Whitten Oval) I didn't think I could play one game. I didn't really feel like I belonged here. I was such a raw player," Johannisen said.

"Coming into this football club, I never thought it could happen. Even to play one game and now 100 and captain, it will be really special.

"A lot of people have supported me, especially (assistant coach) Rohan Smith, he's someone who's really helped my development and he was able to get me to the next level."

The Dogs will meet Melbourne for the second time in six weeks. Johannisen identified limiting the inside ball as crucial to stopping the Demons.

It will be the first time on the MCG for the Dogs this season, and just their third game at the venue since the 2016 flag.

IF you all keep feeding the troll (Barrett) it won't go away. The note jimmies rustled and discussion online he gets, the more he knows he has an audience. You are playing right into his hands.

IF you are going to melt or get annoyed, etc. stop including the link and his name in your posts. Simple.

Although it smacks of somebody that took the day off when journalistic ethics were being taught at Broady TAFE. Give each parties long history of enmity towards each other, Beverage and to a slightly lesser extent the club are fair game in my view for Barretts contrived vitriol. However to have the relentlessly unyielding campaign that Barrett clearly has for somebody that spent time out of the game last year due to mental health issues as Boyd did, truely speaks to his character and to his lack of Journalistic integrity (well...der!!!) and in my view is little more than cowardly bullying hidden behind some shitty click-bait. That the bin botherer can wage this petty campaign with impunity speaks volumes for the disgrace that is the closed shop that AFL media quite clearly is.

* that Guy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FIRST-TIME Western Bulldogs skipper Jason Johannisen says he's more equipped to beat future tags after he "conceded" last week against Hawthorn.

In the absence of Marcus Bontempelli (appendix) and captain Easton Wood (hamstring), Johannisen will take the reins for Saturday's clash with Melbourne at the MCG.

BONT DRAMA Star out after hospital dash

Ahead of the clash, which also doubles as his 100th game, Johannisen has spent the week working on his deficiencies.

Last week against Hawthorn, Johannisen was shut out of the Bulldogs' second-half capitulation. It is not the first time he has been tagged out of a game.

Coming into this football club, I never thought it could happen. Even to play one game and now 100 and captain, it will be really special.

Against the Hawks, he amassed 25 disposals in a blistering opening half, but Harry Morrison reduced him to seven touches after the main break as Hawthorn booted 12 of the last 14 goals.

"I thought I had a lot of impact in the first half and unfortunately dropped away," Johannisen told AFL.com.au.

"Looking at the vision with (defensive coach) Steven King, there's some ways I can stay involved in the game, so I'm going to look forward to bringing that this week.

"Probably using my strengths a bit more, I conceded a little bit (last week). I'm going to use my speed and my work rate to push to as many contests as I can to try and impact."

The Norm Smith medallist is averaging 20 disposals from all 15 games this season after being used in a variety of roles, including across half-forward.

A number of clubs physically targeted Johannisen last season after his feats in the 2016 premiership.

Ahead of Saturday's milestone, the 25-year-old reflected on a journey from a shy East Fremantle rookie, to leading his football club on the big stage.

"When I first came here (Whitten Oval) I didn't think I could play one game. I didn't really feel like I belonged here. I was such a raw player," Johannisen said.

"Coming into this football club, I never thought it could happen. Even to play one game and now 100 and captain, it will be really special.

"A lot of people have supported me, especially (assistant coach) Rohan Smith, he's someone who's really helped my development and he was able to get me to the next level."

The Dogs will meet Melbourne for the second time in six weeks. Johannisen identified limiting the inside ball as crucial to stopping the Demons.

It will be the first time on the MCG for the Dogs this season, and just their third game at the venue since the 2016 flag.
And the list of players singing the praises of Rohan Smith grows....

There's obviously something there. Bubba can obviously coach.

I’ve stood up for Barrett on here in the past but that piece on us was really ordinary.

If? Back soreness is why Boyd is out? So he thinks we’re lying about an injury.

Then bags the coach saying he dislikes a player when that player has been poor at every opportunity he’s had over the last 18 months.
"If" that Btard is insinuating that Boyd's having a mental health time out rather than a physical injury preventing him from playing I'll track him down and put him straight myself. 6 ft under straight

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There were a few rumours about Bubba’s ‘lifestyle’ a few years back. Maybe just rumours, no idea really, but any coach or assistant coach must be a very mature individual if willing to coach and mentor young men. No club could afford to have anyone in the coaching ranks who wasn’t an example for their impressionable players.

There were a few rumours about Bubba’s ‘lifestyle’ a few years back. Maybe just rumours, no idea really, but any coach or assistant coach must be a very mature individual if willing to coach and mentor young men. No club could afford to have anyone in the coaching ranks who wasn’t an example for their impressionable players.

I think you should take some time out from posting mate. Youre embarrassing yourself at this point.

Well I hate to break it too you but EJ was a mad piss head and enjoyed a ‘J’ with the best of them and I have had more than a few with ‘The Drink’ at the Mac in East Bentleigh. If you want some boring campaigner who will inspire the boys I give you Mark Neeld.

:persevere: That article about JJ doesn't inspire me with confidence.

View attachment 526919
Yes. As I read the article this bit caught my attention

"I conceded a little bit (last week)"

JJ may be unaware, but our motto is cede nullis. Not only did he concede on the field but his admission of it is a further concession. So, just in case JJ gets lost and finds himself in this dark little corner of the web, it's nullis not duos.

The thing that really gets me about Barrett is that the league actively promotes his shameful dribble. The AFL's official media department is probably the most embarrassing thing about the organisation, amongst some pretty stiff competition.

Although unlike Gia he's never had a thread dedicated to the matter, Im pretty sure that he's been mentioned in dispatches here as one of those responsible for our recent decline and he should be part of the great coaching cleanup of 2017-2022. Times and opinions change it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back