What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tells you a lot about Dutton that he's calling for the resignations of the Home Affairs and Immigration Minister because a former immigration detainee assaulted a women but he doesn't seem to hold Katy Gallagher responsible as Minister for Women for overseeing a couple of dozen deaths on her watch.
Dutton should also resign for failing to deal with the real issue, outdated refoulement protections that allow violent crims to remain in Australia.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tells you a lot about Dutton that he's calling for the resignations of the Home Affairs and Immigration Minister because a former immigration detainee assaulted a women but he doesn't seem to hold Katy Gallagher responsible as Minister for Women for overseeing a couple of dozen deaths on her watch.

Care to clearly state without whimsy what you think it tells us?

Probably don't need to try to win his seat, Dutton is throwing it away with his focus on issues that either don't matter to the centre or that the centre wouldn't agree wtih

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That my be true but in Dutton's favour - his seat is still located in Queensland.

Is there anything Dutton could do to actually lose his seat? There is nothing Morrison could do to cause the Liberals to lose Cook.

A law and order platform, underpinned by border security and lower levels of immigration look like being the central planks of the Opposition's election campaign.

While hardly creating optimism for the future, it might be enough to give them a crack at winning.
If they had the discipline to pull it off.

There are two massive problems with Dutton’s strategy.

1/ Nuclear - I have no idea why he has opened himself up to that inevitable scare campaign.

2/ Labor have not provided the “carbon tax” moment the Liberals need.

There is going to be more independents after the next election.

A law and order platform, underpinned by border security and lower levels of immigration look like being the central planks of the Opposition's election campaign.

While hardly creating optimism for the future, it might be enough to give them a crack at winning.
Brown people are out to get you basically, be that fifteen year old indigenous kids or Middle Eastern immigrants. The Voice result has convinced Dutton that racism is an election winning policy.

Brown people are out to get you basically, be that fifteen year old indigenous kids or Middle Eastern immigrants. The Voice result has convinced Dutton that racism is an election winning policy.
It is a great strategy if they can pull it off.

The best part of the strategy for the Liberals is it does not talk about what they are actually going to do.

It is a great strategy if they can pull it off.
All except for the part about never winning government without holding a swathe of inner-city high-income seats in Melbourne & Sydney. The strategy described above does not win the teal seats back. To win government without them for the Libs would be literally unprecedented.

All except for the part about never winning government without holding a swathe of inner-city high-income seats in Melbourne & Sydney. The strategy described above does not win the teal seats back. To win government without them for the Libs would be literally unprecedented.
Like I said, if they can pull it off.

I am sure the mainstream media and ABC in Australia will back them to the tilt - let's wait and see what the media election issues are.

The Resolve quarterly data in the Age today suggests that whilst the Coalition has gained ground, particularly with men, they haven’t really moved the needle in those outer suburban seats they’re looking to win. When people’s primary focus is economic security I don’t think law and order campaigns have quite the same impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Resolve quarterly data in the Age today suggests that whilst the Coalition has gained ground, particularly with men, they haven’t really moved the needle in those outer suburban seats they’re looking to win. When people’s primary focus is economic security I don’t think law and order campaigns have quite the same impact
I’m not sure the gang raids are happening in the outer suburbs either. They seem to be concentrated around inner suburban transport hubs.

so basically right back to abbott/credlin era bullshit.

No wonder seeing THAT band of voters have cried and bitched and whinged from the moment turnbull knifed the campaigner

so basically right back to abbott/credlin era bullshit.

No wonder seeing THAT band of voters have cried and bitched and whinged from the moment turnbull knifed the campaigner
They want the electorate to close their eyes, imagine it's 2002 and Peter Dutton is John Howard. It's easier than having actual policy.

Making up ground in polls. Coalition voters will need to grip the nose tighter than labor voters when voting next.
Either that or they need a clear reminder what a rabble they have become

I see Dutton is using the ‘pick up th phone to ….’ Opener now.

Sad part is the people on the other end wouldn’t even take a PM Dutton call

Care to clearly state without whimsy what you think it tells us?
Dutton was at the helm of Home Affairs when the legislation which failed and released these detainees was written. In fact politically it's his and his LNP governments fault they are free.
Any court would have found the basis of their detention was unlawful and did.

If they had the discipline to pull it off.

There are two massive problems with Dutton’s strategy.

1/ Nuclear - I have no idea why he has opened himself up to that inevitable scare campaign.

2/ Labor have not provided the “carbon tax” moment the Liberals need.

There is going to be more independents after the next election.
Dutton strategy is to raise a solution for the energy crisis in Australia and Nuclear appears to them as the savour.

The problem is, do they have the data and presented to show that this solution will stabilise the grid and reduce energy costs?

Otherwise it's a massive swing in the dark.

Dutton strategy is to raise a solution for the energy crisis in Australia and Nuclear appears to them as the savour.

The problem is, do they have the data and presented to show that this solution will stabilise the grid and reduce energy costs?

Otherwise it's a massive swing in the dark.

What energy crisis? Renewables are forcing the spot price down!!!!
Snowy 2 will stabilise the grid in SE Australia.
QLD will get pumped hydro soon too..

Oh dear..

I assume Dutton is on his way to WA to apologise to the poor woman? Or is he waiting for Gina Reinhart's corporate jet to become available.

View attachment 1985663
Watch Dutton now disappear for a few days. He does this quite a bit actually. Link should work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back