What would you trade for inevitable North Melbourne Priority Pick (2024)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah the annual North Melbourne Priority Pick thread.

Feels so nostalgic.

In all seriousness, North are bad, like really bad. I know bad as a Carlton supporter but this is bloody grim.

I've said it before, but Clarko isn't the man for the job. I'd be going for a young, hungry coach. Someone who is an astute tactician. They are non competitive. Like Ross Lyon and Mick Malthouse...beware the washed up coach.

Priority pick and extra salary cap space

i honestly think if anything that needs to be done is to increase your soft cap.

Continually throwing priority picks at to north at this current point in time is going to nothing but cook those poor kids.

AFL funded soft cap for development staff, to be paid for afl for x amount of time (max three years), overhaul of board and coaching staff.

Maybe exempt one player payment for specified time period.

But yeah, need to have a mass clean out of staff and board over there.

i honestly think if anything that needs to be done is to increase your soft cap.

Continually throwing priority picks at to north at this current point in time is going to nothing but cook those poor kids.

AFL funded soft cap for development staff, to be paid for afl for x amount of time (max three years), overhaul of board and coaching staff.

They've kinda shafted themselves with soft cap space.

North stupidly decided to pay a tired and washed Clarko anywhere from 1.1 to 1.6 million a season and for him to hire his yes men.

I hope North fans are ready to watch long bombs to Larkey 1v3 as their game plan going forward. At least it's a step forward from a long bomb to Paul Puopolo.

This is why the AFL must look at bringing in a mid season trade period. North could pick up players from other clubs that have played < X games and not on an injury list.

For example North could request a trade for Liam Reidy from Fremantle. Reidy gets the opportunity to play games which he currently isn't. IT would be out of the clubs hands if they aren't playing him.

This is why the AFL must look at bringing in a mid season trade period. North could pick up players from other clubs that have played < X games and not on an injury list.

For example North could request a trade for Liam Reidy from Fremantle. Reidy gets the opportunity to play games which he currently isn't. IT would be out of the clubs hands if they aren't playing him.

I think the North board will go full blown Chernobyl meltdown if they missed out on Reid and picked up Reidy instead.

Who TF is Reidy?

I think the North board will go full blown Chernobyl meltdown if they missed out on Reid and picked up Reidy instead.

Who TF is Reidy?
HAHA, a ruck at Freo, 23 and hasn't played a game yet. That's what North need IIC. Not young 18 year olds.

HAHA, a ruck at Freo, 23 and hasn't played a game yet. That's what North need IIC. Not young 18 year olds.

Agreed.

Feel sorry for the draftees going to their club at the moment. Just a poor culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the eagles and hawks looking much better i'm starting to worry that they'll get 1 & 2.
I’m not against them getting assistance, but they have been given plenty of picks, it has t worked. The AFL needs to try something else. It isn’t fair in other clubs trying to rebuild to constantly fiddle with an already compromised draft.

6 (Phillips, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Powell, McKercher and LDU) 1st round picks in their tonight with 5 of them being selected in the top 4 of the draft. How many do they need in the side for it be competitive? I doubt it'll make a difference, it is clearly their club is crap for some reason

It won’t just be that

will have to likely be some additional soft cap and salary cap relief to actually assist immediately

This is what you said last year.

And the year before.

They've already had Priority Picks 19 and 20 in this years draft, there won't be any more.

North are a drain on the AFL and in terms of importance of clubs they're 19th. Fitzroy had their licence taken away for being less crap than North are right now.

Other clubs won't allow another round of North begging bowl this year. Got to either make a go of it as the smallest fish in the biggest pond or get out.

North Melbourne wont die off. they wont merge with another club, or relocate to Adelaide or wont fold.

No chance, especially with all the afl money poured in.

One of the main problems that lead to this was constant turnover with our staff, board and assistant coaches. Club needs to give them a chance to develop over a better amount of time

One of the main problems that lead to this was constant turnover with our staff, board and assistant coaches. Club needs to give them a chance to develop over a better amount of time
And who's fault it this and why should any other clubs and the league suffer because of it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back