Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious re the ending people who saw TGOTT:

the scene- which I thought was ridiculous btw- when the wife slowly walked forward then kneeled down to twist that thing into her husband even more with that stupid zombie look on her face- did they laugh?? Audience I saw it did. While I wasnt pissed off at that, it did then completely ruin the whole film from that point on for sure. Similar to Paranormal Activity- had some bitch behind me commentating it + then the audience started laughing at inappropriate parts. Just spoiled the whole effect I thought PA was somewhat creepy.

Just curious re the ending people who saw TGOTT:

the scene- which I thought was ridiculous btw- when the wife slowly walked forward then kneeled down to twist that thing into her husband even more with that stupid zombie look on her face- did they laugh?? Audience I saw it did. While I wasnt pissed off at that, it did then completely ruin the whole film from that point on for sure. Similar to Paranormal Activity- had some bitch behind me commentating it + then the audience started laughing at inappropriate parts. Just spoiled the whole effect I thought PA was somewhat creepy.
I think that scene was included because it's a big point in the book. The audience I was in didn't laugh but it just didn't translate on film.

I'm very much looking forward to this one:

images

Out in about a month I think.

The Girl on the Train

A cheap, predictable thriller but an interesting look at the spirals of alcoholism. Suffers more from the endless, unfair comparisons to Gone Girl that seem constant with every paragraph that's been written about the movie since the trailer dropped.

Huckabee got me watching Jaws again. And then Ms. Kelly starts singing "Fair Spanish Ladies." PMSL...

Screen shot 2016-10-12 at 9.28.26 AM.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I didn't really rate Magnificent Seven at all, and I went with 2 other friends who didn't enjoy it much either.

I thought the action scenes were cool, and a few of the characters were cool as well, but that was about it.

The motives for each character didn't make much sense or there wasn't even one. Despite liking a few of the characters, I felt no connection to them and couldn't really care what happened to them.

Suspiria 10/10 - I have heard rumblings about this movie for a while but hadn't been able to get my hands on it watched it last night and was blown away a legit masterpiece, firstly the whole movie looks gorgeous and use of colour is spectacular, the score for this film has gotta go close to the best I've ever heard these two things are what sets this movie apart from anything else.

There is a great atmosphere created in this film and there are quite a few scares to be had, probably slots into my top 10 of all time and easily one of my favourite movies to watch, amazing film.

The act of killing 10/10 - documentary about the Indonesian death squads that the government hired at the time to get rid of as many communists as possible, it has them recreate the murders as movie scenes and has a look at the effect if any it has had on these people psychologically as they are pretty much heroes in their country and the military off shoot is still in operation to this very day.

Easily one of the craziest things I have ever seen and totally blew me away, do yourself a favour and go watch this right now this very second.

Suspiria 10/10 - I have heard rumblings about this movie for a while but hadn't been able to get my hands on it watched it last night and was blown away a legit masterpiece, firstly the whole movie looks gorgeous and use of colour is spectacular, the score for this film has gotta go close to the best I've ever heard these two things are what sets this movie apart from anything else.

There is a great atmosphere created in this film and there are quite a few scares to be had, probably slots into my top 10 of all time and easily one of my favourite movies to watch, amazing film.

If you think the soundtrack was good in Suspiria, have a listen to the prior D.Argento/Goblins collaboration in Profondo Rosso (Deep Red)

For what it's worth Deep Red is the better movie also.....if you can get past the clunky 70's look. Absolutely brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back