Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Sick as a dog, at home- want nothing more to go down to Blockbuster and rent a heap of old weekly movies for $9.95.

I miss those days. :'(

Or when it was friday and that new release you have been waiting 6 months for just came out and then some prick gets the last copy before you so then you have to go to the next nearest store and you become the prick that gets the last one!!!!!!!

Kids today will never know the struggle and the thrill!

I think I had like 5 membership cards....lol I should have kept them I wouldnt be suprised if some where lying around somewhere.

A bit similar to getting a roll of film developed. . That anticipation

Went to a Video Game midnight launch last year with my older brother and he was amazed, said it brought back memories of album launches like when he camped out for Metallica's Load in the 90s.

Just rewatched Last of the Mohicans and bar 1 or 2 corny lines it is pretty much flawless. Destroys the Revenant as a movie and was made 20 years earlier.

The Raid (2011) - Great action movie. Fast moving plot, not the most original plot I suppose but the fight scenes were stunning. Shoot-outs, hand to hand, weapons, all the diffferent styles of action were brilliantly done. No chaotic camera work during fight scenes either. 8.5/10

A Night of Horror - Vol. 1 (2015) - Australian horror anthology. Pretty darn good actually. There's 10 short films and a few of them were fantastic. Overall the quality was very high, a couple of these I'd love to see longer versions of. Some were genuinely unsettling, one short was very funny, 1 or 2 shorts didn't so much for me but they're only around 10 minutes long. Worth a watch for horror fans. 7.5/10

Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation: Really quite good and entertaining.
Tom Cruise is the man, I don't care what anyone says, that dude is legit.
That stunt he pulled on the aircraft really is something else, he puts so much effort and dedication into his roles and doesn't treat his audience with contempt, he actually earns that superstar status that he has, He's mid 50's looks like he's 30, the dude is killing it still.
I agree with this, watched it recently and after my initial groans when my mate suggested we put it on, I was pleasantly surprised.

Kind of everything you want from a big budget hollywood action. Really well paced, awesome female co lead/cast and just tightly executed on all fronts. The cheesy one liners were used sparingly but timed perfectly and never wasted.

Some deluded sense of self integrity prevents me from giving the 5th edition of a franchise too high a rating, even though it probably deserves one. It is a formulaic cash grab, but a bloody good one. 7.5/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OC and Stiggs

Altman's career was quite diverse, it's amazing what he managed to fit in there. Never knew he made a teen comedy let alone pull one off. It's an unfairly maligned movie.

Kingsman 2

Basically Kingsman 1 sans all the excitement. Moore is a better villain but she's buried beneath an avalanche of a cast. This movie is drowning in borderline useless supporting characters (Elton John's cameo is just excess, and it almost seems like Tatum was replaced with Pedro Pascal mid-film but his scenes were kept in anyway, he had more screen time in Hateful Eight and Hail Caesar!).

I agree with this, watched it recently and after my initial groans when my mate suggested we put it on, I was pleasantly surprised.

Kind of everything you want from a big budget hollywood action. Really well paced, awesome female co lead/cast and just tightly executed on all fronts. The cheesy one liners were used sparingly but timed perfectly and never wasted.

Some deluded sense of self integrity prevents me from giving the 5th edition of a franchise too high a rating, even though it probably deserves one. It is a formulaic cash grab, but a bloody good one. 7.5/10

I really liked Ghost Protocol too.

MI > MI GP > MI RN > MI 2 > MI 3 is my order for best to worst.

Some movies slip you by and by and by.
Just watched 12 Angry Men for the first time in my life.

Exhilarating, memorable, powerful and simply wonderful. 9/10
I know its adapted from a play, but i think quality scripts with dialog driven stories are a really rare breed these days with more of the budget going to SFX.

Plus Henry Fonda is amazing. Hes also great in the good the bad and the ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back