Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

Eternals
Possibly the least MCU movie they've made

No cameos, nothing really linking it to the rest

Mostly enjoyed it but a 2.5 hour movie it didn't really feel like it did much
Yep. Just watched it last night.

Not behd.

Harry Styles in the post credits didn’t do it for you?
I was honestly waiting for Robb Stark and Jon Snow to revert back to the GoT script. Found it amusing that one of the characters was named Sersi, then I couldn’t stop thinking about the rampant debauchery and gratuitous nudity the show itself had.

The whole thing at the end with the bloke you mentioned in the spoiler was relatively cringe, then Mrs VeinGlorious pipes up and says “hes with Olivia Wilde now” 👀

Watched this last night. I say it all the time but this was up there with the worst film I’ve watched.

There’s even a scene where it’s supposedly raining, the lead actress is holding an umbrella taking to some bloke outside, you can hear the rain, but neither the umbrella is getting wet or the guys jacket and you can’t see any rain coming down…

Another Netflix turkey
It wasn't great by any stretch, but it was watchable.

Yep. Just watched it last night.

Not behd.

I was honestly waiting for Robb Stark and Jon Snow to revert back to the GoT script. Found it amusing that one of the characters was named Sersi, then I couldn’t stop thinking about the rampant debauchery and gratuitous nudity the show itself had.

The whole thing at the end with the bloke you mentioned in the spoiler was relatively cringe, then Mrs VeinGlorious pipes up and says “hes with Olivia Wilde now” 👀

I only found out she was Gozer in the afterlife. She wasnt even credited in the role

Speaking of overlong movies... The Eternals. Certainly not as bad as some people made out. Too long, the premise a little too wacky, and it struggled a little under the weight of so many characters (all of the characters have distinct traits but none of them really have any 'personality') but was pretty standard Marvel fare. Well structured, well acted without being great, end was a bit anti-climactic, 6, maybe 6.5 out of 10.

Just watched the latest Bond film, No time to die. Exactly what you expect/want from
A bond film, great car stunts and action scenes, Rami Malek is solid as the villain with a wild plan for mass destruction and Daniel Craig ends his time as bond with a strong performance. They’ve ramped up the girl power a little which is to be expected these days. Bond has several females helping him kick ass, all more than holding their own. Ana De Armas a stand out for mine.

Fun movie. I’d give it a 7/10

I’m looking forward to seeing who they hand the role to next

Oh yeah watched tick tick boom on Netflix recently
Do love a good musical, I've missed being able to go to the theatre last couple of years hopeful moulin rouge happens this year

Andrew Garfield was great I've really not seen much of him looking at his credits this is probably the first film he's in that I've seen more than a trailer for.

Beverly Hills Cop on telly last night.

I believe it's one of the goats of it's genre.

An action comedy, but what sets it apart is Eddie Murphy playing Axel F.

What I love about it and think it's something that few movies have done since, especially in modern times, is that even though he's funny and joker, Axel can get very serious very quickly. Acts with a lot of tension and puts tension in to scenes. You kinda take it seriously. It's not to be laughed at, more laughed with, when appropriate. Even though, as said, he's very funny and quick witted, he's also pretty pissed off about something and not messing around when it comes to getting to the bottom of it. The balance in walking the line between serious and comedy is deftly done and makes the movies much better than so many others of it's type.

Of course all the other s**t like music, other actors, subverting a few cliches (the police chief isn't a dick!), and action scenes are top notch too.

Last edited:
Beverly Hills Cop on telly last night.

I believe it's one of the goats of it's genre.

An action comedy, but what sets it apart is Eddie Murphy playing Axel F.

What I love about it and think it's something that few movies have done since, especially in modern times, is that even though he's funny and joker, Axel can get very serious very quickly. Acts with a lot of tension and puts tension in to scenes. You kinda take it seriously. It's not to be laughed at, more laughed with, when appropriate. Even though, as said, he's very funny and quick witted, he's also pretty pissed off about something and not messing around when it comes to getting to the bottom of it. The balance in walking the line between serious and comedy is deftly done and makes the movies much better than so many others of it's type.
1642461901366.gif

Even this scene is a good example. Goes from being a cocky wisecracking guy to quiet and focused and serious soon as he sees the robbers walk in.
Its probably the movie i have seen most in my life. Then trading places and coming to america.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Sylvester Stallone originally cast in Beverly Hills Cop?

Sylvester Stallone was originally attached to star in 'Beverly Hills Cop'

Not sure about that, but I know Cobra was originally written to be a Beverly Hills Cop movie.

Not sure about that, but I know Cobra was originally written to be a Beverly Hills Cop movie.
Unless they changed 99% of it from the original pitch that makes no sense

They did change a fair bit but if you notice the opening scene is tonally off. The guy shoots up a supermarket and Sly is making cheesy jokes.

They did

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Cop

Sylvester Stallone was originally considered for the part of Foley.[7] Stallone gave the script a dramatic rewrite and made it into a straight action film.[4] In one of the previous drafts written for Stallone, the character of Billy Rosewood was called "Siddons" and was killed off half-way through the script during one of the action scenes.[8] Stallone had renamed the lead character to Axel Cobretti, with the character of Michael Tandino being his brother and Jenny Summers playing his love interest. Stallone has said that his script for Beverly Hills Cop would have "looked like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan on the beaches of Normandy. Believe it or not, the finale was me in a stolen Lamborghini playing chicken with an oncoming freight train being driven by the ultra-slimy bad guy."[4] However, Stallone's ideas were deemed "too expensive" for Paramount to produce and Stallone ultimately pulled out two weeks before filming was to start. Stallone would later use the bulk of these ideas as the basis for the 1986 film Cobra.

Not quite.

Stallone didn't think Beverly Hills Cop was dark or violent enough so he declined the role on creative differences and wrote Cobra for himself.

Sounds like he thoroughly missed the point of what Beverly Hills Cop was going for.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Stallone probably could have been GOAT and smashed Schwarzenegger with the roles he turned down.

Beverly Hills Cop, Romancing the Stone, Die Hard come to mind.

Turned up to audition for Han Solo but didn't go through with it.

Also reading up to check that, old Don Johnson among others turned it down too. Damn you Don, that would've made watching you in Miami Vice even cooler.

Stallone probably could have been GOAT and smashed Schwarzenegger with the roles he turned down.

Beverly Hills Cop, Romancing the Stone, Die Hard come to mind.

Turned up to audition for Han Solo but didn't go through with it.

Also reading up to check that, old Don Johnson among others turned it down too. Damn you Don, that would've made watching you in Miami Vice even cooler.

With all due respect to Sly Die Hard and Beverly Hills Cop wouldn’t be half the movies they were with Sly. Romancing the stone woukd have just been weird and probably had way more hardcore sex scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back