Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very VERY few fighters have a physique like Jakes. Its just not required to be that jacked, in fact its mostly a hindrance.

Conor would be well north of the middleweight limit at the moment.

I don't follow the sport but I assumed by the look of their champions they don't look like the McGregor and Gyllenhaal as shown here, and it was just about looking good for a movie. Does that muscle bulk hinder their agility?

I don't follow the sport but I assumed by the look of their champions they don't look like the McGregor and Gyllenhaal as shown here, and it was just about looking good for a movie. Does that muscle bulk hinder their agility?
Agility and cardio.

Generally the real jacked guys are absolutely exhausted about 2 minutes in. More guys looked like that in TRT era.

McGregor is 5' 8 and fought at featherweight (66kg) and lightweight (70kg). When bulked up he was maybe 75kg. Gyllenhaal is about 6 feet tall and might have fought at middleweight (84kg). No contest in the ring if they were both serious fighters. But to put them into perspective the current UFC heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, is 6'4 and 112 kg.

Gyllenhaal and McGregor both looked great for the roles but it was just fun movie stuff.
110 of Jones's KGs would be above the waist. There's a dude who skips leg day.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Not so much that IMO, but to look like that means you have to cut the fat, to carry a tiny amount of body fat, and that's exhausting and affects cardio reserves, to maintain a physique like that naturally. There's no reason to be ripped for a fight. Be strong and fit, and a little bit of padding never hurt.

Lightweight and under can get away with it, but not above that.

Terminator Genisys (2015)

It's a decent reboot of the first two movies with a few twists. Everything looks great and there's some good action sequences. Arnie is back as an old man cyborg and provides a few comic moments. Otherwise the casting is poor - Jason Clarke as John Connor, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. The plot got convoluted with the multiple time travel aspects. As a result there was a silly and unnecessary subplot about Kyle Reece as a boy, and a loss of stakes for the characters and the whole world because anything can be changed by going back in time again to fix things.

6/10

Watched the new Roadhouse. Was fun. Got a few laughs. Probably better than the original.
I watched this last night and thought it was mostly terrible, the only things I liked about the movie was the set design for the bar and location, also didn’t mind the “nice” bad guy, gave me a chuckle, for the rest of it, terrible imo

The original is a lot better

3.5/10

People who loved the original were probably never going to enjoy the remake.
I like them both.

I find it really odd that anyone who liked the original hated the new one, they’re dancing in the same circles.

Unless you’re gatekeeping a pretty trashy 80s action movie… which would be truly odd.

Gimme a universal soldier remake, gimme an under siege remake, gimme all of them.

Infinite

Mark Wahlberg plays a guy who is part of a group of people that can remember all their past lives including skills acquired etc, continually getting reincarnated over centuries etc. Some of them are sick of living and want to end it all by killing all life on earth (thus having nothing to reincarnate into), the good guys try to stop them.

Utter garbage. Action movie with very little interesting action. Everybody seems bored to be there and just going through the motions, although there are at least some nice cars to look at thanks to what was obviously some kind of product placement deal with Aston Martin. But you could just look up YouTube videos of those cars and save yourself the pain of watching this ****.

I like them both.

I find it really odd that anyone who liked the original hated the new one, they’re dancing in the same circles.

Unless you’re gatekeeping a pretty trashy 80s action movie… which would be truly odd.

Gimme a universal soldier remake, gimme an under siege remake, gimme all of them.
It always amuses me when they try to remake classic movies... you're on a hiding to nothing. Best bet is to remake a trashy or B-grade movie with a good idea. Universal Soldier, Timecop... wait, I think I'm just listing JCVD movies.

It always amuses me when they try to remake classic movies... you're on a hiding to nothing. Best bet is to remake a trashy or B-grade movie with a good idea. Universal Soldier, Timecop... wait, I think I'm just listing JCVD movies.
Yeh see I think this is absolutely spot on.

Speed, they did a sequel and it sucked, cause the original (which i still think is one of the best action films ever made) caught lightning in a bottle, performances, chemistry, it all lands.

Point Break, same deal (although i love the remake purely because its stunt work is some of the finest ever seen).

The action films that are genuinely amazing and legimately good probably shouldnt be touched but the ones that were pure popcorn trash, fill your boots.

Roadhouse occupies that space for me, the original is so bad its good, the remake is the same.

I like them both.

You literally cannot improve Under Siege, that I will gatekeep as lightning in a bottle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You literally cannot improve Under Siege, that I will gatekeep as lightning in a bottle.

amazon archive GIF

Erika Eleniek jumping out of a cake is a defining moment of my teen years.
That, and I'll come back to that.

Steven Segal and his akido is one of a kind.
Gary Busey is one of a kind.
Tommy Lee Jones is chewing scenery.
Full cooperation of the military.
No CGI.

You can't remake it, you just can't.

Back to Erika... Is that something that's dead? Since film was invented, generations of kids have an incident or two like that, seeing a naked chick in movie that becomes a defining moment for them lol. I don't know if that exists anymore in culture, if things have changed...

Terminator Genisys (2015)

It's a decent reboot of the first two movies with a few twists. Everything looks great and there's some good action sequences. Arnie is back as an old man cyborg and provides a few comic moments. Otherwise the casting is poor - Jason Clarke as John Connor, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. The plot got convoluted with the multiple time travel aspects. As a result there was a silly and unnecessary subplot about Kyle Reece as a boy, and a loss of stakes for the characters and the whole world because anything can be changed by going back in time again to fix things.

6/10
If Sarah Connor has been training all her life with a terminator no way she comes out looking like Emilia Clarke. She would be some absolutely muscular beast kicking ass for fun.

That, and I'll come back to that.

Steven Segal and his akido is one of a kind.
Gary Busey is one of a kind.
Tommy Lee Jones is chewing scenery.
Full cooperation of the military.
No CGI.

You can't remake it, you just can't.

Back to Erika... Is that something that's dead? Since film was invented, generations of kids have an incident or two like that, seeing a naked chick in movie that becomes a defining moment for them lol. I don't know if that exists anymore in culture, if things have changed...

I mean under siege is die hard on a boat and they did a sequel that was ******* s**t (not even bad good) because it was JUST Seagal.

If they re did it with like, Momoa as seagal and removed seagals dumb ego “I can’t be touched ina fight rule” I think it would be pretty good.

Busey and Lee Jones are fair though, that make that film.

Jenny Agutter - Walkabout

As a 10 year old I knew then

I mean under siege is die hard on a boat and they did a sequel that was ******* s**t (not even bad good) because it was JUST Seagal.

If they re did it with like, Momoa as seagal and removed seagals dumb ego “I can’t be touched ina fight rule” I think it would be pretty good.

Busey and Lee Jones are fair though, that make that film.
Segal's ego and his silly fighting style which is pretty much 99% bullshit is a huge part of the film. The 'knife fight' at the end which just looks like a couple dad's slap fighting each other...

Was it you talking Van Damme movies? What about Sudden Death, which is Die Hard at the hockey. Van Damme takes a brief break from killing terrorists to become the goalie and win the Stanley cup.

Now that's cinema!

If Sarah Connor has been training all her life with a terminator no way she comes out looking like Emilia Clarke. She would be some absolutely muscular beast kicking ass for fun.
Yeah but what about new Kyle Reese, who in the post apocalyptic wasteland has access to premium supplements, a full diet, and daily gym routines?

Segal's ego and his silly fighting style which is pretty much 99% bullshit is a huge part of the film. The 'knife fight' at the end which just looks like a couple dad's slap fighting each other...

Was it you talking Van Damme movies? What about Sudden Death, which is Die Hard at the hockey. Van Damme takes a brief break from killing terrorists to become the goalie and win the Stanley cup.

Now that's cinema!

******* love sudden death, happily take a remake of that masterpiece

Remove this Banner Ad

Back