Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Three of us went last July to the movies. $100
Yeah I paid for our 2nd movie and food last night and it was $69 for 3 tix, popcorn, drink, 2 x choc tops, beer.

It was weird, it was a 915pm session and us 3 were the ONLY ones in the TITAN LUX room.

Eerie, then as we left the shopping centre was pretty much locked up and silent.

Felt like one of those horror movies

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I paid for our 2nd movie and food last night and it was $69 for 3 tix, popcorn, drink, 2 x choc tops, beer.

It was weird, it was a 915pm session and us 3 were the ONLY ones in the TITAN LUX room.

Eerie, then as we left the shopping centre was pretty much locked up and silent.

Felt like one of those horror movies

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe everyone camping

Oppenheimer

My expectation that it would be unneccessarily long proved true.

It could very easily have been 1 hour shorter without losing much and really was Nolan's ego.

The actors were all great and it really was a who's who with the minor players. Story very well done particularly around the Project and post-project.

7.5/10

Watched three Jim Carrey movies with the kids. The Mask, Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty. All three hold up reasonably well, the story of the Mask is a little lacking, definitely more for kids than adults, the sets look cheap probably because so much was spent on the effects of the time but Carrey making the most of his rubber face. Liar liar probably the funniest, Carrey in full wacky mode. Bruce Almighty a little more heartfelt than I remember. Kids liked all three.

You didn't see it at the cinema when it came out?

Nope - far too young, I did see II and part III at the cinema though. I do recall watching the video version many times - to the point where I didn’t watch it for nearly 10 years (finally getting the dvd of the trilogy in 2002). Have since purchased the bluray and 4K box sets.

I did see II and part III at the cinema though.

The closest I had seen the original in a "cinema setting" was when this happened -

My earliest cinema memory is...... Superman IV :p

These were my first cinema outings:

Bambi (re-release)
Aladdin
The Flintstones
The Lion King
The Neverending Story III
MM Power Rangers: the Movie
Babe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry Lyndon

Big fan of Kubrick's work, but very late to this movie. 3 hrs and every frame is like a painting, insane.

It's always funny to me that, when one watches Kubrick, Barry Lyndon is a lesser priority, generally seen after Dr Strangelove, 2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut.

But everyone who sees it immediately has it in their top tier. Funny to me.

My memory is not great so I couldn’t say with any certainty which movies I saw first but my parents say I was taken to Empire Strikes Back (1980), I remember seeing E.T (82), Return of the Jedi (83), Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (84) and the kid-friendly double of Nightmare on Elm Street and Lifeforce (85).

My memory is not great so I couldn’t say with any certainty which movies I saw first but my parents say I was taken to Empire Strikes Back (1980), I remember seeing E.T (82), Return of the Jedi (83), Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (84) and the kid-friendly double of Nightmare on Elm Street and Lifeforce (85).
I remember seeing ET at the cinema
I know I saw Jedi in the cinema

If i saw Empire I don't remember

I also remember seeing old Disney movies that were probably being screened for school holidays

It's always funny to me that, when one watches Kubrick, Barry Lyndon is a lesser priority, generally seen after Dr Strangelove, 2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut.

But everyone who sees it immediately has it in their top tier. Funny to me.

And I love my victorian movies, I suppose it's just his lesser talked about film? and I had no idea what it was about but saw some cinematography images and jumped on to watch it!

These were my first cinema outings:

Bambi (re-release)
Aladdin
The Flintstones
The Lion King
The Neverending Story III
MM Power Rangers: the Movie
Babe

A run down of my "cinema" outings - as I said Superman IV was my first (or at least first that I have a vivid recollection of attending).

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Land Before Time
The Lion King
Beauty & The Beast
The Naked Gun
The Naked Gun 2 1/2
TMNT (saw it several times)
Batman 89
Batman Returns (saw both several times)
TMNT 2 (saw it more than I saw the first TMNT - every person's birthday party included a cinematic screening & there were a lot of birthdays in June/July)
Gremlins 2
The Jetsons
BTTF 2 - BTTF 3
Christmas Vacation
Dick Tracy (out around the same time as BTTF 3)
White Men Can't Jump
The Air Up There
Home Alone 1 & 2
Terminator 2 (another film I saw many times at the cinema... and got to enjoy it again just a few years back with the release of T2 3-D)
COOL RUNNINGS

I went through a few cinema lulls - first in the mid 90's. Which ended with a showing of Men in Black..... which ended up being my last movie in a cinema..... until Terminator 3 in 2003.

Spider-man 2
Superman Returns (worth it just to hear the Superman march :p)
Spider-man 3
Bourne Ultimatum
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Various Marvel films over the years (Iron Man, Avengers 1-4, Captain America 1-3, Spider-man No Way Home, Logan, Incredible Hulk)
Rambo: Last Blood
Top Gun Maverick
Man of Steel (worst Superman movie ever!)
Batman v Superman (second worst Superman film ever!)
Justice League (3rd worst Superman film ever ha).

My memory is more hazy with "recent" films compared to those I watched at the cinema when I was little lol.

If I get the chance to I'd go see other "classic" movies on the big screen again. If I hear about Die Hard is being shown I must go see it :p. Likewise even though I've already seen Robocop, Terminator 1, Predator on the big screen in recent times... I'd go see them again (and that's even with having a decent 4K tv and home setup in general).

Schlock classic … was in primary school when this came out and one kid had seen it and we’d always be asking him about it. It sounded like the greatest movie ever made. Saw it with my older cousins a few years later and it was everything he said.. watched it again as an adult and couldn’t believe how bad it was in terms of acting and SFX.

Funny enough ended up becoming a kids cartoon

Edit : my bad though you were talking about the original, didn’t know they’d re made it

Dune 2 was fantastic, saw that a couple of weeks ago.

Off to Godzilla x Kong in D Box tomorrow so can't wait.

Also booked Star Wars for MAY 4TH, showing my daughter's best friend Star Wars for the first time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back