what's the scariest movie you've ever watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

we watched Paranormal Activity one night in bed and one scene in the movie, the floor boards was creaking as the demon was walking along it, our floor boards at home decided to creak at the same time, it scared the s**t out of us

The film that left me most physically disturbed? Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake for sure

Most brutalist torture pr0n I've ever seen and put me off a lot of horror ever since

The film that left me most physically disturbed? Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake for sure

Most brutalist torture pr0n I've ever seen and put me off a lot of horror ever since

I want to see that!!!!

The first Blair witch back in the day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

+1.

that was petty brutal, its not my type of horror movie

The first Blair witch back in the day

Have to agree with this - I thought it was going to be rubbish but decided to watch it anyway, alone, late at night...dumb, dumb idea;) I recall getting up at one point to go & make sure the back door was locked:oops: & that ending still sort gives me the creeps all these years later.

Eraserhead by David Lynch was another that I found a very difficult watch way back when.

Have to agree with this - I thought it was going to be rubbish but decided to watch it anyway, alone, late at night...dumb, dumb idea;) I recall getting up at one point to go & make sure the back door was locked:oops: & that ending still sort gives me the creeps all these years later.

Eraserhead by David Lynch was another that I found a very difficult watch way back when.
The scarriest thing was the way it was filmed on hand held camera. Something that had never been done before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen Hostel? I thought that was pretty bad. Which is worse for someone who's seen both?

TCM is worse. The torture and horror never lets up throughout the whole movie and everyone is just ****ed.

At least in Hostel some good guys win in the end and the torture scenes aren't actually as bad as I'd heard before I saw it.

Human Centipede was completely utterly ****ed up- couldnt bring myself to watch the second one.

I've always meant to watch this just to say that I have I suppose & fairly sure I have it downloaded somewhere but if there is such a thing as 'being in the mood' for these type of films, I guess I may never get there.

& to be fair to the intentions of this thread (unless I am mistaken), a lot of these films being mentioned aren't really scary, just extreme gross out films, a big difference imho. A good horror film is a genuine work of art whereas these others, well not so much, many are just the demented delusions of someone with too much money.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back