Sports Whats your best sporting achievements?

Remove this Banner Ad

Won heaps of Basketball premierships but don't really care about them.

Footy:

4 losing grand finals, currently in my 8th year
Best B&F finish 2nd in 2008
Equal best finals player 2010
Heaps of other token awards
Most goals in a game: 3, usually a back flanker/midfielder

Cricket:

Got a hat-trick in under 16's, all bowled, ended up with figures of 5 overs, 4 maidens, 5 for 5 (best figures)
2 50's, 0 100's, highest score 67
At least 2 bowling av/agg awards
5 batting av/agg awards
2 colts player of the year awards (best junior player)
Losing B-Grade grand final side (I was 2nd top scorer with 39)

Actually if we include meaningless ones, plonked myself in the forward line in a class of P.E footy one period and booted 10 goals, considering I never bothered trying to play due to well knowing i'm plain rubbish at actually playing footy was fairly proud of that. Didn't really make up for the times i'd missed shots from directly in front in earlier classes though.

Indoor soccer another meaningless one but managed to score a goal from the other side of the court, decided to just clear it from defence, grazed the top net, hit the crossbar then hit the opposition goalie in the back of the head and went in. Did another similar one by just clearing a pass and hitting the top net at a sharp angle to rebound it behind the goalie.

Bowling again knowing i usually bowl about a 70-90 decided to get a few laughs bowling mr burns style, got 3 strikes in a row and ended up winning for the first and only time ever :p

- Under 16 AFL Capricornia representative 2000 (mainly CHB)
- Reserves captain 2008 (0 wins from 15 starts that season, 0 wins from 21 starts overall)
- DROPPED from both GF teams 2010, played in 2011 res GF team
- Topped junior club batting averages as an Under 10's player 1994/1995 (Opener), plus snared 8 catches (slips)
- Scored only FG for basketball team in first half of Under 12's GF 1995 (we got done)
- 2 time school cross-country representative (finished about 48th and 27th in the region after finishing 4th and 3rd in school races)
- Won 3000m flat race school carnival 2001 (I was the only competitor for the age group, just wanted to get out of class for a while!)

Scored 34 points in a basketball match once, though it was against a s**t team and we were placed in a division that was of a much lower standard than our team's skill level. Also won most improved player at my basketball club when I was 16, they misspelt my surname on the trophy :eek: Managed to be able to slam dunk by year 12 also, something I was very pleased with myself for.

Also came 9th out of 9 in the under 12 Melb metro triple jump championships :eek:

Am hopeless at cricket and average at footy. My sports were basketball and athletics, though I now play ultimate frisbee at uni

I have never made a hundred in cricket in the many years I've played, having had the misfortune/ distinction of being out for 99 three times , twice run out !!
I always liked to blame the guy at the other end, but no I must fess up and say it was all my fault.. 1st time I fell over mid pitch, 2nd time I tried the sneaky push and run ( to silly mid off !) and the third time tried to go all out and was caught on the fence
Stupid game anyway !!!
Can't wait to next year !!!

Grade 2 or 3....maybe 4.....but maybe 2 or 3....in primary school I won the hop, skip and jump for the entire grade in school sports. Got a blue stamp on my card for that event to prove it.

Retired soon after at the top of my game.

My high school's first XI cricket team was pretty good. I finally cracked the side in year 12, bowling leggies. First match, first over, on a hat-trick. Massive shout for LBW on the third ball, just a couple of inches too high :(

Playing baseball a couple of years ago, hot weather rule meant we were playing for time rather than innings. With a bit of a lead towards the end, we were just trying to occupy the plate for as long as possible. So after adjusting my gloves, my cleats, having a bit of a stretch, and just watching the first pitch, I hit nine foul balls before dinking a little one to centre-right for a base hit. Not intentional, but the most perfect at-bat conceivable.

Played State T-Ball for WA in my only ever season I played when I was 9. Never played again because my best mate said it was gay.

Also made 97 in my third game of Senior cricket when I was 20, I hadn't played since I was 12. Got given out LBW questionably by a mate. I figured it wouldn't be that hard to score a century after that. I've only made 3 50's in 2 seasons since :(

Finishing top 5 in my team's B&F in an awesome season for us last year. I'd rate that up there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a few over the years playing footy and cricket. I wouldn't really say this is an achievement more so experience. I was a net bowling during the recent boxing day test for the Indian cricket team at the MCG. Spent the training session with the squad bowling to the likes of tendulkar, sehwag, laxman, Dravid and so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back