Sports Whats your best sporting achievements?

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably taking 39 wickets @ 7 in the most recent cricket season in a crappy C-Grade park comp. Can't bat to save my life, highest score only 33 and I've been playing since I was 11.

When I was 16 I played a few games of A-grade for one of our senior sides. Bowling my harmless little swinging dobbers, I had taken 4-10 in no time, then bowled three consecutive beamers and was barred from bowling by the umpires. I maintain none of the deliveries were dangerous :D

Only ever played footy in grade 7 for a few weeks. I still remember a tackle I made on a girl that was completely unnecessarily rough, considering she stood completely still and didn't know what to do with the ball. Would have gotten my number taken these days...Massive slam into the ground..man I was tough :cool:
Oh! and I managed to kick a point from the middle-sector (junior footy rules) without the umpire noticing. Win. :thumbsu:

Dobbed 13 one day in under 15s.

Won cricket batting average in U14s with a solid 45.5

Have played various sports with lots of people that are more talented and are now playing AFL, college b ball, state cricket etc

Hole in one in compettition round at golf ... par 3 - 150 metres.

I play off max handicap ie a weekend hacker :D

I also seem to play in teams that I shouldn't be playing for. I am an amazing player on the training track. I'm the loudest, work hard, carve up backmen in competitive marking drills, skills polished. Jeez this bloke looks good, we'll put him in the firsts. My under 18s coach told the whole club at a function before the start of the season that I'll probably kick about 80 goals for the season. 20 games later and I've got a solid 19 goals on the board.

Same with cricket, look great in the nets, cracking the ball along the ground making the bowlers scamper outside the nets. Cracking back foot drives that punter would be proud of. Started the year off in the 2nds in my first year out of u16s. Failure after failure saw me finish the year out in the 4ths with old cripples and 14 year olds.

It's fair to say that I crack under the pressure

Captained Kwinana High School at soccer in year 10. We played a tournament and won every game. The team scored about 40 goals and never conceded one all day.

Possibly a better achivement was the fact that Greg Shipperd was the coach of the footy team and he asked me not to play for the soccer team as I played soccer every week and wanted me in the footy team. The teacher who was coaching the soccer team gave me the captaincy so I took that.

Greg Shipperd also commented on my forward defensive shot saying it was a very tight technique. Coming from somebody who scored a hundred for WA against a top class West Indies side and scored a 200 off 571 balls once, he knew his defensive shots !

I was chosen to train with the state squad for soccer when I was 14. Played my best game ever in a full match but had an argument with the coach at this session. I was dropped from the squad but asked back the following year. I never went as I was a pig headed teenager and it was the same coach. I never had the ability to go any further anyway. I lacked the pace to go the next level.

Just in case anybody feels the need to criticise my post, I should also point out that I am a yellow belt at hapkido too !!!!! Be very careful.

Playing state bball with the likes of
Jack watts when I was a youngin. And being asked to play tac cup despite having not played footy since I was 14 lol.

Fair to say I've just started playing footy for the first time since I was 14 and now I'm playing div 4 and currently not getting a game Lol:D:thumbsu:

EDIT: I was the emergency today and one player didn't end up coming so i was put on. I Absolutely smashed it :D haha played my first game in a long time!

Made the grand final in 13's footy. We lost unfortunately, but the week before we overcame a 21 pt 3/4 time deficit to win.

Carried my bat in cricket with a 50 out of 80, funnily enough against Silent Alarm's "Great Southern". I think we only lost by about 200 runs.

A couple of footy grand final wins, a few games for development teams is about as good as it gets for me for footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting best on ground in a junior grand final featuring Dayne Beams, Dayne Zorko, Brent Renouf, Ricky Petterd, James Mulligan, Jesse White among others in the 2 teams. Not a bad draft turnover for a junior gold coast comp!

Played rugby union for WA in U14s, U15s and U16s. Went on an interstate tour to Sydney where we played district teams like Parramatta and Warringah and some of the big private schools like Pittwater House. We won most of our games on tour but didn't play the NSW state team as we would have got smashed. Also played first grade here in Perth and won a couple of premierships in Colts and third grade.

In cricket I won the best bowler trophy in U14s which I won by default since it was based on bowling averages and I was just a part time medium pacer that was lucky enough to jag a few wickets from batsmen trying to slog me and ended up with the lowest bowling average. We had better bowlers that took more wickets but had higher bowling averages. Also won a best fielder trophy in U12s which I also won by default. It was supposed to be awarded to the player that took the most catches, I took the second most catches but the guy that took the most catches won a trophy for best batsman and they didn't want to give him two trophies so gave me the best fielder trophy instead.

Very much so. Especially since the majority of the years I played our forward line was terrible, and we hid the duds in the forward pockets :p

This is all sounding very familiar...

Once I played as the 2nd tall in a forward line, ala Roughead, kicked more goals than the main target. Next week I found myself doing everything from ruck to CHB to forward flank, but never got that deep or important role again

Scored 29 points in a triple overtime basketball prelim final win when I was 14, with 13 points in OT and playing the entire 49 minutes of the match. Almost went to a 4th OT too. It was great because everyone from the game that was after ours were cheering me on as well, mostly cos they just wanted our game to be over :p

Went and beat an undefeated team in the GF the next week too.

One time we lost to a team we got flogged by 30 odd in a non-elimination final against another undefeated team, won by 1 point the next week to make the GF, then beat the team that flogged us by 1 point as well. Managed to shut down a kid who was a reserve for the state team a year or too after the match IIRC too.

Another non-elimination final we got flogged by 25, struggled to beat a rubbish team that shouldn't have been in finals by 1 point the next week, then proceeded to beat the team that flogged us by 20. A very wtf moment because it didn't really hit anyone that we actually won until after the game since it seemed like we had no chance going into it and they hammered us twice during the season as well. Only time I got MVP award in a GF too.

Hit 70-odd opening the batting in a grand final batting first. We were 2-**** all, went on to make 250-odd, rolled the favourites for about 220 iirc. Probably my greatest individual achievement. Rumour has it I nicked it on 1, didn't walk because the other team were a pack of ***** (normally a walker, but these guys were ****wits), and the rest is history. Rumour may or may not be true. Still have the photos of the celebrations that night where the bloke who put 150 on for the third wicket with me was trying to belt me for some unknown reason. Same dude may or may not have played AFL footy a few years prior.

Was a bit-player in U12s and U14s footy grand final victories. Played 100% game-time in both, though, so I mustn't've been the worst player on the team either season. Nowhere near the best, though. I have the videos of both and have been known to wake up in the morning to find the videos playing on repeat after a night of drinking by myself.

Captained my U18s footy team to the wooden spoon. We won one game for the year but the team we beat defeated another team in the last or second-last match of the season and finished just above us. Still one of the more enjoyable seasons of footy I have played, funnily enough.

11 for in a grand final.

Competition keeping record.

Victorian school hockey champion team.

Double hummer in the Anglesea pub beer garden

Kicked 3 goals in 5 minutes in my only ever stint at full forward in 10 years of footy.

hahaha. in my 9 years of footy, i never EVER played in the forward line. always backline and stints in the middle. basically my old man was coach for those many years and was a s**t coach. played close to goals for school footy and my first match kicked 8 in a losing side, including one blinder from 40 on the boundary.

don't know about my best, but my most painful sporting achievement was having the ball roll to 3 inches from the cup at the par 3 16th at yarrambat. i was shattered for weeks after.

During my teens I was a state hockey rep on 3 occasions. We won the nationals twice after turning around appalling mid-tournament form.

Through these years I played with and against several players who have since managed Kookaburras caps, some of whom are going to London later this year.

Playing first grade when I got a little older I lined up against a few of the gold medalists from Athens. They were no longer heroes to me at that point but I still count it as a major highlight. One thing that hockey (and cricket for that matter) has over footy is that club players get to line up against the stars while those guys are still in good shape and in state/national squads as a matter of course, rather than only if they get dropped.

More miscellaneous highlights for me include winning the cross-country in year 7, and carrying my bat for 48* in u14 cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back