Sports Whats your best sporting achievements?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hue_Jars

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2011
Only ya mum knows
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory,Heat,Wildcats,Warriors
Just a thread to see how much relative fail I have endured my whole sporting career.

The highlight of mine is a B&F in my first ever year of footy playing D grade amatuers.

Since then Ive played most of my games in C and B grades, both league and ressies, and have played one final ever. Got dropped for a final once....

Took most of last season off and the league team won a premiership - FML.

Now playing E Grade and loving it. Should be playing finals this year.

Cricket - played a lot of 1st and 2nd grade for Surburban Turf, and a bit of 3rds/4ths in the WACA comp. Played as a bowling allrounder (call myself an allroudner but am just a bowler really), had some good days and some bad days. The body cant take the bowling anymore cos my actions is weird. Never played a final. 4 or 5 5fers and a couple of fifities. Used to be a nightwatchmen so Id pretend to be a number 3 and turn up the next day/week set up shop and just bat out the entire day getting 30 odd off about 250 balls.

Few catches and some run outs that stick in my mind.

Won the 100m at high school and broke the school record. Timing was probably off but.

And thats about it!

Oh yeah, once I was at a big bash game between WA and SA and I dropped a catch in the crowd on tv.

Scoring 2 goals in a inter-school soccer tournament.

Bowling a maiden over and i got 2 runouts in the same over which i was happy with since i did not get a wicket we played some private school and beat them by 4 wickets.

Under 12A's cricket premiers (can't remember what the division was called) while scoring the last 13 runs to win the game with an over to spare. That same year won 3 awards, best bowler, best batter and MVP.

i have 2

first goal i kicked in footy was on a 85 degree angle, went back and slotted the banana like a boss

cricket the first over i bowled in seniors, i took 3/0

Probably my representative days.

Represented the 'Great Southern' (huge cringe) at soccer twice. We lost to Bunbury or someone in the final in our last year. Some of those kids are in the Glory youth side now, two are in Europe playing youth soccer in low leagues.

Played for my school at Country Week twice (so they say, the biggest school sporting competition in this hemisphere). So that's up there as well.

Also, some of the small moments. I remember running from full back to full forward, taking about five bounces, giving off three handballs, and slotting a goal in footy. I'll never do anything like that again.

Also, scoring the winning goal (3-2) late in the game in an interschool soccer competition.

Scoring my first 100 when I was thirteen in D Grade was pretty awesome. Most of mine would be cricket related, like winning a B Grade premiership, D, C & B Grade 100's (the B Grade one came after a 97), winning the Marist Cricket comp in high-school (and making the All-Marist XI). Carried my bat once too, made like 30* out of 70-odd.

Got best-on one day playing reserves footy when I was 15. We didn't have many numbers, so a bunch of us used to play under-18s followed by ressies (and boy were we knackered at the end), but one week the 18's had a bye and the ressies didn't. As a show of faith to us 18s boys who stuck around to play two games (and as a kick up the arse to those who didn't come to training that week despite the warnings that the U-18's boys would be up for selection) a number of us got picked ahead of some seniors guys. I usually used to just play forward-pocket and hang around the goals (didn't have much of a tank), but this particular day they threw me on the ball, and I played the game of my life. It was wet, but I was side-stepping guys, pinpointing passes, 40m passes with the wrong foot, winning clearances, the lot. Even snuck forward a few times to snap two goals completely out of my arse. I never used to keep any of my cricket-scores from the paper, but when I saw myself listed as first best for the footy I couldn't resist :D

Bowling an entire innings from one end at senior countryweek cricket took 6/86 off 29.2 overs got the last batsman out to win the game by about 20 runs.Finished up bowling about 90 odd overs for the week over 5 games and now my body is stuffed from years of bowling but i wouldnt change one little thing.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won a couple of BBall grand finals. Played for a representive team for a year but it got in the way of footy.

2 losing grand finals in junior footy and tried out for the northern nights (u/14's?) development sqaud. didn't make it :(

No BnF's at footy but a couple of other awards other than "participation" during juniors.

also filled in cricket for a couple os seasons, best bowling was 3/17 off about 6 overs

Scoring a free cigarette was probably Tufnell's career highlight as well.
imager.php

Got two mvps, 1 premiership and a runners up in Basketball, mostly around u12/14's though since after that i got a coach who went way too far with favoring his sons in the team.

Aside from that scored a hat-trick in my first game of field hockey at zone level in high school, also got the silver medal we got for coming second at state level somewhere still.

In under-11s soccer we had pre-season playoffs - possibles vs probables - for the A and B grade teams at our club. The girl I had a crush on was playing, and she was hopeless, so I deliberately tanked the match because I wanted to be in her team for the season.

After the match the A coach came up to me and said "don't worry, you had a bad day but I know you're a better player than that so I've picked you for the team anyway". :mad:

Pretty much the only time I've ever made the cut for anything, and it was the one time I didn't want to.

In under-11s soccer we had pre-season playoffs - possibles vs probables - for the A and B grade teams at our club. The girl I had a crush on was playing, and she was hopeless, so I deliberately tanked the match because I wanted to be in her team for the season.

After the match the A coach came up to me and said "don't worry, you had a bad day but I know you're a better player than that so I've picked you for the team anyway". :mad:

Pretty much the only time I've ever made the cut for anything, and it was the one time I didn't want to.

You know your crap when your crap at being crap

Tennis
- U12 VIC Development Squad @ Melb Park
- Reached highest junior tennis grade in region (and @ no.1)
- Have coached in the field for a couple of years, back coaching now

Anyone after a coach, or hitting partner, give us a PM. ;)

state under 18s indoor hockey team
under 12s hockey premiership
under 13s premiership
under 13s state championship
under 18s state championship
couple of BnFs
most improved junior throughout my whole club

a few lost grand finals in there

Took a 5fa in juniors cricket. Mightn't seem that big, but I'm a keeper, so this one game I decided to have a spell from keeping and give myself an over or two for laughs (I was the captain). First 2 balls off the pitch. s**t it's gonna be a long over. Next ball, skied to midwicket to the worst catch in the side who holds it. Pissing myself laughing. I then went on to take another 4 wickets. Was a s**t grade in juniors cricket, but as someone who hadn't bowled an over in 3 years of cricket, it was amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back