Where are Richmond at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rance is a superstar. The best defender I've seen, including Scarlett. He has to defend 4 players by himself half the time. And he beats them more often than not. Riewoldt's a gun, Cotchin got reamed by the umps, Martin is a star, but they have too many ordinary players. Too much is left to too little. Time to go back to go forward.

I was seriously impressed with Rancey in the match, even though Richmond played poorly, there were still good individual efforts. I also got the impression the Tiges were playing worse than they should given the guns they have. It's like the sum of their parts are WORSE than the parts. Maybe a coaching/leadership problem. On the subject of Rance I met him at last year's GF, son of former WC player Murray Rance from WA.

List isn't that good - they keep topping up, but don't actually get top end talent, through the trade or draft.

Rance is good.

Martin can be very good.

Cotchin hit and miss - rarely a game breaker.

Deledio - past his prime, and lacks hurt factor.

Riewoldt is very good.

Then they fall of a cliff.

I think Hardwick is an average coach, not great, but decent; but their list management is horrible... And I don't know if he's good enough to get them any better.
Like I said big call, if he's dedicated the the cause rance is the first player chosen and most important to a rebuild. But of he's not committed to the cause then he'll be gone and you get nothing in return.

He signed a 4 year contract extension last year?

You think Richmond have 4 of the best 20 players in the comp? Ah no

Rance is the best full back in the competition
Martin is over rated as a midfielder.. he is a star but he is better as a player who plays forward as well his ball use doesn't scare me up the ground
Cotchin doesn't hurt you with his disposal either and while Deledio does hurt you he doesn't play often enough
Riewoldt has become a star and is Richmonds best player .. I thought they should have kept him deep but he has turned into a superstar CHF
Agree abt Riewoldt especially. Last night felt sorry for him not being in a better team.

giphy.gif
Trust that is Hardwick not Riewoldt on the raft.

Agree abt Riewoldt especially. Last night felt sorry for him not being in a better team.

Against us this year he was brilliant
His field kicking especially on his left Is just about the best in the Tigers side .. he is elite

Hardwick comes out and says he's given up on finals (again) team not good enough (again) rebuild (again). I can't believe he's still there.

Even allowing for the possibility that he's been given dud cattle, surely the coach has to be able to manufacture a consistent output at the minimum?

Hardwick is close to losing the players. With a new coach I actually see them jumping straight back into their cosy 5-8th position next season.

FB: Grimes - Astbury - McIntosh
HB: Houli - Rance - Yarran
C: B.Ellis - Cotchin - Menadue
HF: Deledio - Riewoldt - Edwards
FF : Lloyd- Griffiths/Vickery - Lambert
R: Hampson - Miles - Martin
IC: Vlastuin - C.Ellis - Conca - Grigg

Obviously Hampson, Griffiths/Vickery and Astbury are weak points of the side. Conca and Yarran aren't always fit but the side should be competitive with a good coach imo

Ergh, watched the game (what I could stand)

Richmond are seriously lacking in score board talent, their midfield is bottom 5 in the comp and still includes guys like Grigg with Lambert the new rotation in there, their flankers are barely OK with Lids, Lloyd, Miles offering a bit but Lids is trending downwards and when he doesn't repeatedly put the ball in dangerous positions few others can. So they have to go tall because they have so few avenues to scoreboard impact. Riewoldt gives his all and ultimately Vickery and Griffiths need to score 100+ between them for a good season..and that's just an utter farce.

Having said that, they somehow rolled my mob somehow.

Gut the front half, get an onball brigade that works. No easy fix for Richmond.
Watching on the telly, the talent in our cheersquad has gone down the drain too.

In 2 of those 3 seasons we were a whisker away from Top 4, and had we made Top 4 in one of those seasons, we could quite easily have made it to a PF, and history would look at us a bit differently in that period of time.

So you're saying.........if Richmond had have made the Top 4 they would have lost the first week but quite easily could have made it to the PF by beating a team in the second week that in REALITY they couldn't beat in the first week.

The only thing missing from your post was 'Once upon a time'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should seriously look at trading rance. Big call given he's probably their best and most important player, but given he was wavering during his last contract, I'd be concerned about his commitment to playing in a struggling side.
I'd sit down and have a conversation about his goals and whether he saw himself continuing his career at another club in the quest for a premiership or committed to helping the club through a rebuild.

If his primary goal is a premiership and Richmond rebuild then there's a huge chance he's gone once his contract is up. And he's certainly going to be retired before their next premiership.

He signed a 4 year extension just last year. He's contracted to the end of 2019. Not sure why they'd be concerned about his commitment.

Hardwick comes out and says he's given up on finals (again) team not good enough (again) rebuild (again). I can't believe he's still there.

Even allowing for the possibility that he's been given dud cattle, surely the coach has to be able to manufacture a consistent output at the minimum?

It seems odd because this is the list he has built himself

So you're saying.........if Richmond had have made the Top 4 they would have lost the first week but quite easily could have made it to the PF by beating a team in the second week that in REALITY they couldn't beat in the first week.

The only thing missing from your post was 'Once upon a time'

I think he/she was suggesting that Richmond could've won the QF if they made the top 4. Richmond have done well against Hawthorn, Sydney and Fremantle in recent years, both home and away. Instead of getting the double chance against teams they match up well with they got elimination finals against teams that had the wood over them.

Still, coulda woulda shoulda

Dimma is probably lucky that Ross the Boss has presided over a far greater calamity at Freo this year.

Dimma surviving the week should be conditional on Liam McBean, markov etc. getting games the rest of the year. Let's have a look at these kids.

Ron ,
Hardwick believes it's the best list he's had in his 7 year tenure at Punt rd .
Have to believe in that tenure he's also had a big say in assembling the coaching panel .
Jackson , Hartley and Dan the man have assembled this list in consultation with Hardwick and his panel .
How's it all going ?
Will spending up on another Yarran or selling Rance to put more draft picks in these blokes hands help ?
Jack Hill the blind miner can see these blokes aren't taking the tigers anywhere they want to be .
So maybe the question needs to be asked of those making these appointments and extensions .
Tiger fans know their own club best , to footy followers on the outside , all we seem to hear trotted out by the club’s leaders time and time again is Memberships and stability .
That's fine , but i don't think anyone could question the faithful's contribution financially and emotionally to the cause .
The time must come for these club leaders to answer the questions the faithful are entitled to ask ...

There are a lot of members unhappy with Hardwick, the assistants, selectors, recruiters, Dan Richardson, the board and even Brendon Gale. As an average supporter I don't know where the fault lies - probably shared. It does seem to be a happy little place and needs a shakeup. The supporters have been fed a lot of bullshit this season. The club is ripe for another board challenge, and I think the mood of the supporters is such that they'd support any credible challengers.

Team selection for the last two months will dictate whether I continue to support Hardwick as coach.

He signed a 4 year extension just last year. He's contracted to the end of 2019. Not sure why they'd be concerned about his commitment.

Probably a bad call on my part in retrospect. Won't be part of their next premiership but probably more important to their rebuild than the picks he'd garner on the trade table. Hopefully he recommits beyond his current contract and has a long career at Richmond, because he's one of the best and most disciplined players in the comp, so certainly someone you want to have at your club for as long as possible.

We are a target.Clubs have genuine hate for Richmond and hunt us.
You could have 9 Buddys and 9 Ablett jrs playing for Richmond with the best coach of all time and se'd still lose half our games.
Doggies turn to train the house down this week.

You could have 9 Buddys and 9 Ablett jrs playing for Richmond with the best coach of all time and se'd still lose half our games.

Champagne comedy!

Ha, you are delusional. Most don't give a s**t and would pencil the Richmond game down as a win at the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back