Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

A Parker-less Swans will really struggle in the finals.

The look slow, especially out of defence.

Buddy won't fix their problems.

You can talk! Hawthorn has the entire state of Tasmania propping them up, with a five year $19 million government handout. Talk about double standards! The Swans aren't even allowed to have a crummy academy without the Victorian clubs moaning.

One rule for Collingwood and Hawthorn, another rule for the Swans.

Did you seriously just call a sponsorship deal a handout? Wow!
I hope you're been drinking and delete your ridiculous post when you sober up tomorrow.

I realise you've had your reality skewed by being the only AFL team in a populous northern state where viewing numbers are crucial to boost TV rights prices, but we have a name for that kind of 'handout' down south. We call it "sponsorship". From all accounts a very smart deal by the Tassie government given the independent valuations of the benefit to the state that is derived by their "sponsorship" dollars. The same can probably be said for the money the AFL invested in COLA over the years, increased the TV rights funds by quite a sum I'd imagine (and something the other clubs should be grateful for).

And fails to mention we went from 2 games to 4 games down there after St.Kilda walked away.
But like Frawley being our only free agent, I realise the truth isn't a weapon you bring to a gunfight with some folks on BF.

Swans will limp to 4th due to final 3 matches but make a prelim at best.... Probably belted by Hawthorn in the Prelim more than the GF margin last year.

Like I said earlier this thread, seem to have bad year-good year-bad year-good year thing going on, but you have to admire them for being perennial finalists...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think GWS are a big chance to beat them next week from what I saw tonight they are no certainties for top 4. They have an easier draw but will have to play like they did in the last quarter to actually win those games.

Lol. "Sponsorship".

You guys are hilarious.

Well yes....The Tassie govt are our major sponsors....Their logo adorns our jumper, just in case you missed it.

Probably a reason why we don't need to crawl to the AFL looking for handouts, & selling our captains 200th game out, by bending over to the P/C crowd.

Did you seriously just call a sponsorship deal a handout? Wow!
I hope you're been drinking and delete your ridiculous post when you sober up tomorrow.

To be fair to him, it would be easy for a Sydney fan to think $19m over 5 years is a handout. If it was going to Sydney it would be. Zero profile in their home state = sponsorship money poorly spent. For their previous money the Tasmanian government (who preside over an Australian rules loving state, even if the AFL chooses to ignore it) has aligned themselves with a team that has played in 3 previous grand finals (and 4 of the last 7, and made preliminary finals in 5 of the last 7 years). When that team comes from a state that has decent media coverage of their top AFL teams, that is absolute gold. The Tassie government are very very happy with their SPONSORSHIP deal which is why they keep renewing it.

Tbh their chances remind me of 2010 bulldogs. Will limp in to top 4 and probably prelim too but have absolutely no ******* hope from there and it is visible to everyone.

A fit and firing buddy makes a huge difference though. Sure they were looking shaky before he started missing games, but if buddy plays and has a day out they are still very hard to stop.

Well yes....The Tassie govt are our major sponsors....Their logo adorns our jumper, just in case you missed it. Probably a reason why we don't need to crawl to the AFL looking for handouts, & selling our captains 200th game out, by bending over to the P/C crowd.

Just don't ask him who paid for their Stadium upgrades.

Lol. "Sponsorship".

You guys are hilarious.

How is the Tassie sponsorship any different from the cash you get from Ford? Because the taxpayers pay for it? They are also the ones reaping the ample benefits for Tasmanian that flow from the deal. And guess whose money kept Ford in Geelong all those years? Motor industry subsidies - now there is a real handout with a dubious economic benefit.

Probably straight set if top 4 which sucks but been a successful period so whatever as a fan can cop this year

My concerns are we shoot ourselves in the foot with our list management and really the gameplan this year

Teams can rejig in a short time frame so who knows

How is the Tassie sponsorship any different from the cash you get from Ford? Because the taxpayers pay for it? They are also the ones reaping the ample benefits for Tasmanian that flow from the deal. And guess whose money kept Ford in Geelong all those years? Motor industry subsidies - now there is a real handout with a dubious economic benefit.
You guys crack me up. The Tassie Hawks. What a club. :p

If the Swans can get Franklin back, then who knows. Stranger things have happened. Lance Franklin is still a match-winner. If he can return next week and find some form heading into September Sydney will still be tough to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back