Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
"ON THE eve of the Western Bulldogs' second consecutive finals series under Luke Beveridge, club president Peter Gordon has described the next 10 years as a period of unprecedented opportunity for the club.

With 41,000 members, revenue on the up, average crowds above 30,000 for the first time since 2010, a women's team in the AFL's inaugural national women's league, an exciting young list, profits and a home game planned in Ballarat next season, Gordon is bullish.

The 58-year-old sees this as the chance for the club to push not only for a flag but to establish the sort of security it has craved for decades.

"We now look to a period of the next 10 years where, for the first time in 100 years, we can move and make a significant shift out of the bottom quartile size-wise," Gordon told AFL.com.au."

Peter Gordon talking about getting the Dogs out of the minnow zone got me interested in this:

Where do BF posters see their clubs in 10 years?

I think if Port are successful (finals, flags) and up and about, we'll see us cracking the 70,000 members mark in the next 5 years. I think our finances will match the big boys with Koch and KT in charge. The China Connection is a big one. Playing games there might get us sponsorship from the Far East (inb4Huwaei), and could easily see us matching the heavy weights off field. We've already done amazingly well for a suburban club from the North-West of Adelaide so it's amazing how much further we can go.

The 2 WA clubs are ones I think will rise massively too. With the new stadium, higher memberships/attendances/sponsorship/finances would most likely follow and will see them probably become the powerhouses of the comp (maybe not Freo but definitely West Coast).

370 Moorabool Street, South Geelong 3220 :cool:

7e8.jpg

We will rebuild over the next 3-5 years, ready for another tilt at a flag and quite possibly another 'dynasty'. In 10 years I see us sitting on as many flags as Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:cool: Hopefully the boys trying to lift themselves for yet another flag.
Serìously with roots well and truly sunk into in the Community of Western Sydney and Cànberra. Dual members committed to the club in both locations, with a strong family culture around the club.
Oh amd beating off bamdwaggoners with a stick ( just kidding guys we could use a Melbourne supporter base). We have a membership package just for you!

Under flaming embers and drenched in alcohol and fish eggs.

This obviously being due to the Russians, having converted back to communism in 2021, accidentally deploying their mega bomb on the state of Victoria whilst targeting New Zealand after a U.S. reporter upset Putin by re quoting a 1970s Russian minister that communism could never take over the whole world because it needed a capitalist New Zealand to show them what the prices of goods should be. This greatly upset Putins ego. After being told the bomb missed New Zealand, Putin went meh close enough and donated 10000 bottles of vodka and 5000 containers of caviar to the state of Victoria. This was applauded by the UN as a sign that a communist Russia could coexist in the new global community. Unfortunately given no one existed in Victoria anymore the donation only made it as far as geelongs port and sit there slowly leaking into the sea.

"ON THE eve of the Western Bulldogs' second consecutive finals series under Luke Beveridge, club president Peter Gordon has described the next 10 years as a period of unprecedented opportunity for the club.

With 41,000 members, revenue on the up, average crowds above 30,000 for the first time since 2010, a women's team in the AFL's inaugural national women's league, an exciting young list, profits and a home game planned in Ballarat next season, Gordon is bullish.

The 58-year-old sees this as the chance for the club to push not only for a flag but to establish the sort of security it has craved for decades.

"We now look to a period of the next 10 years where, for the first time in 100 years, we can move and make a significant shift out of the bottom quartile size-wise," Gordon told AFL.com.au."

Peter Gordon talking about getting the Dogs out of the minnow zone got me interested in this:

Where do BF posters see their clubs in 10 years?

I think if Port are successful (finals, flags) and up and about, we'll see us cracking the 70,000 members mark in the next 5 years. I think our finances will match the big boys with Koch and KT in charge. The China Connection is a big one. Playing games there might get us sponsorship from the Far East (inb4Huwaei), and could easily see us matching the heavy weights off field. We've already done amazingly well for a suburban club from the North-West of Adelaide so it's amazing how much further we can go.

The 2 WA clubs are ones I think will rise massively too. With the new stadium, higher memberships/attendances/sponsorship/finances would most likely follow and will see them probably become the powerhouses of the comp (maybe not Freo but definitely West Coast).

West Coast are already the powerhouse of the league despite the VFL era relics failing to recognise it. Once the new stadium comes along even Eddie will probably concede.

Since Melbourne invented footy and all, I hope we show some innovation and invent another game, but this time don't let other clubs in the competition so we can be the unchallenged supreme dynasty. Okay so it's stupid, but I'm just about there.

Under flaming embers and drenched in alcohol and fish eggs.

This obviously being due to the Russians, having converted back to communism in 2021, accidentally deploying their mega bomb on the state of Victoria whilst targeting New Zealand after a U.S. reporter upset Putin by re quoting a 1970s Russian minister that communism could never take over the whole world because it needed a capitalist New Zealand to show them what the prices of goods should be. This greatly upset Putins ego. After being told the bomb missed New Zealand, Putin went meh close enough and donated 10000 bottles of vodka and 5000 containers of caviar to the state of Victoria. This was applauded by the UN as a sign that a communist Russia could coexist in the new global community. Unfortunately given no one existed in Victoria anymore the donation only made it as far as geelongs port and sit there slowly leaking into the sea.
Must be a scary place inside your head. Not saying you're wrong though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back