Remove this Banner Ad

Binxy

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 3, 2003
Girth By Sea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Candy Man
Why do you assume I have no "power" within the Hawthorn Football Club? I think you would be surprised ..... very surprised.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orignally posted by binxy24
Is that you Schwabby?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Do you think it really WAS Schwabby?? ;)

No, I don't think C-Man is Schwabby.

I can understand his absence though; with his big week weilding his "power" and influence with his friends on the board down at Glenferrie he must have been very busy. I wonder if it was his brilliant idea to keep Schwabby on for the extra week just to totally humiliate him?

Originally posted by Atticus
No, I don't think C-Man is Schwabby.

I can understand his absence though; with his big week weilding his "power" and influence with his friends on the board down at Glenferrie he must have been very busy. I wonder if it was his brilliant idea to keep Schwabby on for the extra week just to totally humiliate him?

You are so typical of some of the people on this board. You do NOTHING and yet choose to criticise others who do. Get a life dork.

You are so typical of some of the people on this board. You do NOTHING and yet choose to criticise others who do. Get a life dork.

Becker

I am interested in your post.

What exactly is it that others (such as C-Man and yourself I presume) on this board do?

You say that I do NOTHING, which besides being a club member, supporter at games and voicing an opinion (Usually pretty positive) on this board, may be true. Given that you have just written a post that criticises another poster, I am really very interested to know what it is that you do? It must be wonderful. You say that I don't have a life, so please help me here. What is it you do on this board that makes your life so exciting.

By the way, when a person makes a statement such as this....."Why do you assume I have no "power" within the Hawthorn Football Club? I think you would be surprised ..... very surprised........." and then later acknowledge that they do not have any power at all, they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed.

Think this is an unfair thread to be honest.

C-mans been quiet of late, so what. So have I but I have my reasons (just been very very brought down by recent events and have'nt felt like posting much) so have no problems with anyone else posting or not posting for their reasons either.

Originally posted by Becker

Opposed to your self mate, how hard was it to think up the 'get a life dork' line buddy?? haha your kidding your self DORK :eek: .

Originally posted by Grendel
Think this is an unfair thread to be honest.

C-mans been quiet of late, so what. So have I but I have my reasons (just been very very brought down by recent events and have'nt felt like posting much) so have no problems with anyone else posting or not posting for their reasons either.
It's very hard for any Hawthorn supporter to talk football of late ,our seasons gone (since before halfway through the season),our coach has gone & we don't know just who is going to be playing for us next year .If you comment on anything outside this board ,you usually end up copping a heap of moronic ridicule that you have no comeback for because of the present state of our club it's usually true.I reckon you'd go mad if you started trying to analyse what "might" happen every day for the next five weeks .The wheel will turn though that's when you've got to have a long memory & a very nasty streak .

Personally I think the C-MAN woke up from fantasy land and decided to actually smell the grass like many of us have done right from the beginning. Well Done Mate I knew you would come around.:D

Originally posted by My Man Croad
Personally I think the C-MAN woke up from fantasy land and decided to actually smell the grass like many of us have done right from the beginning. Well Done Mate I knew you would come around.:D

Candy Man's grass would come from his front lawn. Yours would come from an illegal crop in a dodgey back shed.

I have been an vouyer on this board for some time now and enjoy the open debate and friendly banter (for the most part) that takes place here. Obviously season 2004 has been a disastrous and it appeared to be heading that way from very early on, this has been well documented and little else needs to be said.
I support all those who have called for change and applaude the changes that are finally taking place albiet far too late to salvage anything from what has been the most dissapointing season in recent memory. We can no longer sit on our hands, enough is enough!!!

Having said that I can not see the point is sticking the boots into those supporters who choose to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. A positive attitude does not mean that one is blind to the problems and issues that the club has to face. Continual negativity, even from supporters, can not be helpful as the club strives to turn its fortunes around.

Great first post T-Dub and a very welcome voice of reason to this thread.

Just as an aside to everyone, there IS an IGNORE function on this forum.

If you feel that you don't want to read/hear from somebody then there is the option of placing that person/s onto the ignore and hey presto.

Just a thought.

Ok, I just want to clear up my position.

Originally, I was amused by Candy's post re: "...very surprised"
and I was trying (unsuccessfully) to be funny in implying that he was Peter Schwab, and again when I started this thread, BUT...

I have no doubt Candy knows someone at board level and he must be devestated by what's going on ( what IS going on?) and he knows he's going to cop a plethora of "I told you so"s when he does decide to rejoin us and that would be daunting BUT...

Candy, you are an extremely passionate supporter who is not afraid to say what he thinks and the arguments between you and Andrew Coombs are some of my favourite reading (and you too Grenny) so, yes, I was being flippant but I mean it...........

Where is the C-man??

Grendel,

Thanks for the tip, will keep it in mind but hope that the need to utilise this function does not arise.

I read with interest the many and varied points of view, we are all entitled to an opinion. Open minded debate is all good. I think we just need to remember that we are all on the same side here and should be pulling in the same direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who says he's not around??
I've read a number of posts lately by the person known as 'Candy Man', but perhaps just not under that nic.

;)

Keep up the good work 'Candy'!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back