Review Which spud did you think was going to be a star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stolen from Geelong/North boards because it's a good off-season thread idea.

Name a player who you were certain would be a superstar only for them not to actually get close to expectation.

Players whose careers have been shot by injury are exempt from this thread. Just players you were completely wrong about.

I'll start...

John Butcher

Last edited by a moderator:

Stolen from Geelong/North boards because it's a good off-season thread idea.

Name a player who you were certain would be a superstar only for them to actually be s**t.

Players whose careers have been shot by injury are exempt from this thread. Just players you were completely wrong about.

I'll start...

John Butcher
Bowen Lockwood ??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thread is off to a bad start.
Then contribute rather than pointing it out? ;):p

I thought Mitch Harvey was going to be one of the AFL's best KPFs alongside Mason Shaw. That 13/14 optimism and blind trust in draftees has since been shattered at least a million times.

Damon White
Wade Thompson
Donald Dickie
Jarrod Cotton
Stephen Carter
Tom Carr

Bowen Lockwood ??

No way was he a spud. Absolutely no way. He was cut down by a crunch in the back by big Glen Jakovich that kept flaring up until he had to retire early. He had developed quicker than Tredrea and was looking to be one of our club's best. He was quite gifted.

No way was he a spud. Absolutely no way. He was cut down by a crunch in the back by big Glen Jakovich that kept flaring up until he had to retire early. He had developed quicker than Tredrea and was looking to be one of our club's best. He was quite gifted.

Agreed x1000

I didn't know it was Jakovich, I was always of the understanding it was some sort of degenerative condition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't say he was a spud ????

Agreed x1000

I didn't know it was Jakovich, I was always of the understanding it was some sort of degenerative condition.

My understanding or memory was that he was having prior back issues that was accelerated one summer with some old fashion training techniques but it was manageable until the crunch sent it deteriorating exponentially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back