FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Righteous Gemstones is brilliant, have loved all of the series that Danny McBride has created.

Where do you think it ranks in terms of his shows

I still have Eastbound and Down at number 1

Anyone watched The righteous gemstones? Worth watching?
Mate it is a fantastic show

Watched all of the first series and am up to the last episode of the second series which I will watch tonight

But I must admit I am a Danny McBride fan. There are a few actors from his last show Vice Principles in this one

Where do you think it ranks in terms of his shows

I still have Eastbound and Down at number 1

Mate it is a fantastic show

Watched all of the first series and am up to the last episode of the second series which I will watch tonight

But I must admit I am a Danny McBride fan. There are a few actors from his last show Vice Principles in this one

Yeah the Kenny Powers factor has to have Eastbound and Down as #1..

I do love John Goodman's work especially in The Righteous Gemstones.

Yeah the Kenny Powers factor has to have Eastbound and Down as #1..

I do love John Goodman's work especially in The Righteous Gemstones.
true

Love Walter Goggins in both this and Vice Principles as well

Didn't even realize that Macauly Calkin was still acting until he popped up last night in season 2 episode 8

true

Love Walter Goggins in both this and Vice Principles as well

Didn't even realize that Macauly Calkin was still acting until he popped up last night in season 2 episode 8

Walton Goggins is always great. Loved his work in The Shield & Justified. Has had a great mix of roles over the journey.

Walton Goggins is always great. Loved his work in The Shield & Justified. Has had a great mix of roles over the journey.
the transvestite in Sons of Anarchy was so believable

Goodbye Ernie "Oswald Q Ostrich" Carroll. One of the wittiest performers we will ever see. We were lucky to be able to watch you for so long. Thanks for all the years of enjoyment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, full of unlikable characters?
Not so much although there are a couple.

The domineering patriarch at the head of a massive fortune/empire and the relationship with his children is a major theme.

Amazon Prime
I had a podcast up which talked about them being on Netflix US and I looked on Oz but nada. YouTube has scraps but not many full episodes

I may have to look at AP -

Have you come across The Outer Limits? Similar format as TZ

The Outer Limits (1963 TV series) - Wikipedia

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

I had a podcast up which talked about them being on Netflix US and I looked on Oz but nada. YouTube has scraps but not many full episodes

I may have to look at AP -

Have you come across The Outer Limits? Similar format as TZ

The Outer Limits (1963 TV series) - Wikipedia

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.
I haven’t but that sounds great thanks for the heads up.

Pachinko is a marvel. Beautifully shot, incredibly acted - Youn Yuh-jung should be in everything. Tells a sweeping story of a Korean family through multiple generations. The way they cut between the stories is as good as I've seen that particular artform being done, but also the most clear.

Between this, Severance and potentially the Gary Oldman led spy series Slow Horses (debuts today), Apple TV is kinda crushing it of late.

And seems like the best way to make a title sequence you can't skip is have the cast dance to a banger.

Pachinko is a marvel. Beautifully shot, incredibly acted - Youn Yuh-jung should be in everything. Tells a sweeping story of a Korean family through multiple generations. The way they cut between the stories is as good as I've seen that particular artform being done, but also the most clear.

Between this, Severance and potentially the Gary Oldman led spy series Slow Horses (debuts today), Apple TV is kinda crushing it of late.

And seems like the best way to make a title sequence you can't skip is have the cast dance to a banger.
i think thats the same person who made After Yang (movie) and the title sequence in that is awesome too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back