FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished The White Lotus. A great show.

Some really great characters, it builds tension very well and explores a whole range of topics (class, wokeness, colonialism, racism, family) in a really smart way.

I thought the actor for hotel manager did an excellent job.

What was the enjoyable part of White Lotus?

My wife and I watched it and kept waiting for a decent twist or turn but it never really came.

Can’t say I rated it at all
For me, the whole thing. Only half way through but absolutely loving it.

It's a comedy and I don't really view comedy tv shows as having to "go anywhere" as such, although I think there are some good little subplots. Trivial, yes, but they exist.

However I always feel that comedy is the most subjective of all genres so if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you.

Probably the best 9/11 doco I have seen since the "Falling Man"

haven't seen that one yet, watching 9/11 one day in America, amazing footage, they show inside the foyer where the FDNY are gathered when the second plane hits, just wow so far

haven't seen that one yet, watching 9/11 one day in America, amazing footage, they show inside the foyer where the FDNY are gathered when the second plane hits, just wow so far

Finished One Day In America - hands down one of the best docos I have seen. The footage inside the lobby is actually from the doco called 9/11 by Naudet brothers. They were following around a rookie firefighter for a doco and were 1 of 3 people to actually film the first plane to hit. The doco also the aftermath at the firehouse. Recommend to watch. I believe it’s on YouTube.

Finished One Day In America - hands down one of the best docos I have seen. The footage inside the lobby is actually from the doco called 9/11 by Naudet brothers. They were following around a rookie firefighter for a doco and were 1 of 3 people to actually film the first plane to hit. The doco also the aftermath at the firehouse. Recommend to watch. I believe it’s on YouTube.
I was wondering why they just happened to have a camera following them around, of all days to be following them around

On SM-G985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The North Water - 1850s whaling expedition that was doomed to fail before it even set sail. Jack O'Connell plays the lead surgeon who has his demons. Collin Farrell plays the most depraved sonofabitch I've seen in quite some time. Top notch stuff.

100 Foot Wave - Doco-series on big wave surfing, specifically in Nazare, Portugal. A terrific series all around, if a little unfinished. Rare to find a doco where all the talking heads are this good/memorable. The first two episodes especially, are near perfection. A truly magical experience.

The Sopranos (rewatch) - A plug for 'The Sopranos Sessions', a great book to supplement your experience when doing a rewatch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nine Perfect Strangers - I feel like this sucks but I'm too far in to stop watching. Nicole Kidman's fake Russian accent is giving me the shits and she's very wooden. Melissa McCartney is surprisingly good ??? And Manny Jacinto is :fire:

Nine Perfect Strangers - I feel like this sucks but I'm too far in to stop watching. Nicole Kidman's fake Russian accent is giving me the shits and she's very wooden. Melissa McCartney is surprisingly good ??? And Manny Jacinto is :fire:
I kinda feel the same.

Show is weird.

Finished The White Lotus. A great show.

Some really great characters, it builds tension very well and explores a whole range of topics (class, wokeness, colonialism, racism, family) in a really smart way.

I thought the actor for hotel manager did an excellent job.

Just finished The White Lotus. Loved it, very funny while still being creepy and unsettling. The score reallly built the atmosphere of that show.

My fiance and I were trying to work out what the 'message' was at the end of the show as it was never really clear what the moral was, most of the perspectives presented by the different characters were valid in one way or another, which was to the shows benefit. I actually loved the ending how for basically all the guests nothing really changed. They all just go back to their lives as their holiday is over. Quinn does gets to live out his fantasy but you know that it is going to be short-lived.

I guess the show was about how people with privilege use and exploit the class beneath them who are interchangable (note how the staff waving to the new guests at the end of the show are completely different from the start). Even Paula, who tried (and failed) to live out the self-righteous fantasy of helping the exploited indigenous community had no material impact on her own life. It was all just part of the holiday.

Last edited:
Just finished The White Lotus. Loved it, very funny while still being creepy and unsettling. The score reallly built the atmosphere of that show.

My fiance and I were trying to work out what the 'message' was at the end of the show as it was never really clear what the moral was, most of the perspectives presented by the different characters were valid in one way or another, which was to the shows benefit. I actually loved the ending how for basically all the guests nothing really changed. They all just go back to their lives as their holiday is over. Quinn does gets to live out his fantasy but you know that it is going to be short-lived.

I guess the show was about how people with privilege use and exploit the class beneath them who are interchangable (note how the staff waving to the new guests at the end of the show are completely different from the start). Even Paula, who tried (and failed) to live out the self-righteous fantasy of helping the exploited indigenous community had no material impact on her own life. It was all just part of the holiday.

I would say you're right that class/privilege/exploitation was the main message of the show. Look at the similarities of the stories between the masseuse lady and the local guy Kai. Paula's story line showed, even though she herself was a POC and likely experiences some discrimination in her normal life, she is still coming from a position of privilege and ended up ******* Kai over massively who probably ended up in jail while she goes back to her likely well do to life. The masseuse lady story line explored the white savior concept, in the end she got ****ed over as has happened uncountable times around the world to POC.

I also liked how the show explored death and grieving both through the crazy lady's story (with the ashes) as well as the dad, through his own situation with the cancer as well as his own father's death.

Binging Mythic Quest on Apple TV.
Loving it, can’t believe I’ve took so long to watch it having known it’s written by the Always Sunny crew- though it’s very different.

Is that the one where the FDNY calls one of the fireys wife and they ask her to come down to the fire station, to tell her that one of the jumpers landed on her husband and killed him?

Obviously there's been a heap of 9/11 shows out recently, but I'm looking for the one that has this part in it.

Finished Six Feet Under. Wow, what a brilliant show. Last few episodes were absolute tear jerkers.

It is perfection isnt it.

The thing (other than the finale as a whole) that made me weep- is that 2-3 second shot of Nate disappearing from the rearvision mirror as he fails to keep up with the car as Claire drives away. :sadv1:

Just.. ******* knife to the heart. Such a massive impact in such a miniscule amount of time.

The Sopranos (rewatch) - A plug for 'The Sopranos Sessions', a great book to supplement your experience when doing a rewatch.

I'm 2 episodes into The Sopranos as a first timer.

Enjoying it very much.

What platform is this on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back