FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, if I had his money and schedule, you wouldn’t be able to stop me travelling.

It's not a realistic representation of someone who likes to travel. It's a highly produced TV show - where a comedy oddball is placed in situations that deliberately make him uncomfortable, has arranged meets with local tourist business owners, while staying in accommodation most of us couldn't afford.

It's not a realistic representation of someone who likes to travel. It's a highly produced TV show - where a comedy oddball is placed in situations that deliberately make him uncomfortable, has arranged meets with local tourist business owners, while staying in accommodation most of us couldn't afford.
Sounds to me just like the "Idiot Abroad" script.

I had a similar problem with Seinfeld. Season 1 to 7 was some of the best TV comedy we've seen. I watched a crappy episode at the start of season 8 and it was like I hit a brick wall. I'll get back into it.
This makes sense when you realise LD left after season 7. I kinda pretend seasons 8-9 don't exist (he was back for for the finale though).

11 seasons
264 episodes across 46* days (7.5 weeks!). Equates to 5.7 episodes a day, which isn't quite accurate as I did go a few days most weeks throughout the duration without watching an episode.... but I had a few days (mostly Friday nights or weekends) where I'd chew through 6+ (usually 9-12) episodes in a few hours).

My Frasier-athon (Foxtel's TV1 style lol) is complete.

Enjoyed it, as far as series finales go it was ok... could have been better, could have been a lot worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finishing ep 3 of The Test.

Only a 3 ep run this time around? Seems like they're just about done with the show.

Love the chants in Ep 2:

"Same old Aussies. Always Cheating".

Cheating means going outside the rules. Pretty sure what Carey did was within the rules, therefore not cheating. 🤣

The one that got me though is:

Broad to Carey: "That's all you'll ever be remembered for".

Small minds. All Aussies will remember about Broad is him not walking after nicking off. 🤣

Just finished watching an Italian drama Christian on SBS. The first season was brilliant but I found the second season a it confusing. Don't get me started on sports on FTA, it is disgraceful.

Just finishing ep 3 of The Test.

Only a 3 ep run this time around? Seems like they're just about done with the show.
It feels like it's served it's purpose, if not for an English Ashes I daresay they wouldn't have even bothered with the season.

11 seasons
264 episodes across 46* days (7.5 weeks!). Equates to 5.7 episodes a day, which isn't quite accurate as I did go a few days most weeks throughout the duration without watching an episode.... but I had a few days (mostly Friday nights or weekends) where I'd chew through 6+ (usually 9-12) episodes in a few hours).

My Frasier-athon (Foxtel's TV1 style lol) is complete.

Enjoyed it, as far as series finales go it was ok... could have been better, could have been a lot worse.
FMD was that punishment from some Court order?!!

Is this like the Bette Davis and Joan Crawford show??
Yeh, second season of it focused on Truman capote and his “swans”.

Tom Hollander doing a real gross capote and the rest of the cast is pretty stacked (Naomi Watts, Calista Flockhart, Demi Moore, Chloe Sevigny).

The Sympathizer feels like a show that will only deepen in my appreciation for it over time. Takes more swings than some of the other top shows of the year, quite dense and Park Chan-wook's direction sets a compelling template for the series. I'm still not sure that RDJ playing multiple parts ever truly works (though I get the intention) but Hoa Xuande is a revelation. Shocked to learn that he was an Australian - degree of difficulty to play the Captain was through the roof.

And the third season of Hacks also continues to one of the better half-hours going around. Though I couldn't help but feel like the main storyline of the season was partially cribbed from an excellent arc on Louie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back