Who do you think will or want to win the 2017 flag?

Who will win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's all well and good but you may have to win a prelim there also.

Your winning record is from two decades ago - I wouldn't be hanging your hat on that.

Our winning record from the last 3 years is from the last 3 years. Thanks for playing.
How about you worry about your mob ey? I'll back our side and coaches in to do the job over your highly ranked opinion. But thanks for caring.

Our winning record from the last 3 years is from the last 3 years. Thanks for playing.
How about you worry about your mob ey? I'll back our side and coaches in to do the job over your highly ranked opinion. But thanks for caring.

Eh, I said earlier I hope they do well - I like Ade. I just don't see them winning on the big stage quite yet.

Geelong isn't known for being having a flog supporter base. I think your Hawthorn colored glasses might be clouding your judgement. If you go to a match at KP, you'll notice there are a lot of grannies with knitting needles and good country folk. You'll get a bad egg or 2, but on the whole, it's a pretty tame supporter base in comparison to some of the big Melbourne based clubs. I think you'll find that Geelong is a lot of people's 2nd team.

umm.... I've got some bad news.....

No Port Adelaide option? I thought they did well for about 3 quarters against both Adelaide and GWS. I personally think that at this stage it is between GWS, Adelaide and Geelong, but if Richmond is put in, then I don't see why Port Adelaide is not in the discussion.

Because they did ok for 3/4 and not 4.

*Games are over 4 quarters in the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide looking very good.
List is very balanced.

Strength on all lines.
Whilst midfield isn't quite as good as the other teams for star power (Sloane aside) it runs even and deep.

Forward line incredibly talented led by Walker and Betts.

Backline reliable with very good rebounders too in Laird and Smith.

I like WCE too if they can get their s**t together away from home.
Have plenty of tricks like Adelaide on all lines with probably a few more class acts on ball.

Still early days but these two I see going quite deep into September.

Adelaide
Why? By far the most firepower; form team at this early stage
Why not? Defence not very tight at all; didn't fire a shot in 2015 and 2016 semi-finals

GWS
Why? By far the most talented side; narrowly lost a prelim last year and now the squad is maturing
Why not? Have lost recently to fellow contenders; question marks over how they'd play in MCG finals

Geelong
Why? Good record against fellow contenders
Why not? Question marks over consistency; got pantsed in prelim against Sydney - would that happen in finals this year?

Bulldogs
Why? Last year they essentially limped into finals and the rest is history; current sketchy form might mean nothing
Why not? Current sketchy form might mean something; that same hunger might not be there

Adelaide
Why? By far the most firepower; form team at this early stage
Why not? Defence not very tight at all; didn't fire a shot in 2015 and 2016 semi-finals

GWS
Why? By far the most talented side; narrowly lost a prelim last year and now the squad is maturing
Why not? Have lost recently to fellow contenders; question marks over how they'd play in MCG finals

Geelong
Why? Good record against fellow contenders
Why not? Question marks over consistency; got pantsed in prelim against Sydney - would that happen in finals this year?

Bulldogs
Why? Last year they essentially limped into finals and the rest is history; current sketchy form might mean nothing
Why not? Current sketchy form might mean something; that same hunger might not be there
Those are the 4 I'm most confident of. Port Adelaide and Richmond would be my wildcards. That could be the top 6 this year I reckon.

Back