Who is Playing for their Career in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there is. Look at all the good teams, they all have some experienced depth players.
Exactly. If you don't have good depth players you're going to struggle. Freo are a good example, they have star players on every line and a very solid 22 when they're all fit but their depth consists of mainly inexperienced young kids who aren't quite AFL standard yet. That was really evident for them this year. You need quality experienced players for backup when required.

However, I don't even see Mitch as a depth player, I see him still as an important part of our best 22. His team efforts and blocks off the ball are important and he instills a bit of fear in the opposition.

I’m a massive Mitch fan and have called him my favourite player for the past few years. Love the way he reinvented himself, his passion for the club and the way he plays the game. Hard as hell.

Mitch’s value includes the times he has tried to lift the entire teams attituide and energy during games where they have gone flat. I understand that Fagan and noble see him as replaceable but the cheerleading role and ability to make others lift their heads is worth a lot in my mind.

I’ll be devastated if we simply delist, but ok if he has another option for a two or more year contract if we are only offering one year. And I’ll cheer for him when he plays against us.

Yes. So you are saying that there are the best 22 guys and then everyone after their best 22 after young kids who havent debuted or have minimal experience?:drunk:
No I said older players, I never mentioned experience at all sorry champ.
We were talking about Mitch who is 30 next year...

No I said older players, I never mentioned experience at all sorry champ.
We were talking about Mitch who is 30 next year...
Champ? Why are you trying to be condescending?
Regardless, if l had a look at each club, l still reckon there would be players on their list outside of their immediate best 22 that are 30 or older

Champ? Why are you trying to be condescending?
Regardless, if l had a look at each club, l still reckon there would be players on their list outside of their immediate best 22 that are 30 or older
Because you highlighted a section of my post and then fabricated your own crap to suit your narrative.

Because you highlighted a section of my post and then fabricated your own crap to suit your narrative.
Because usually older players means experienced players. Wat tf is your problem man?
Obviously, I misinterpreted, but you came in with massive attitude. Still doesn't change what it means. I still reckon there are 30 year olds outside of teams best 22 showing that age doesn't matter as Robbo can still be utilised as depth if needed. I didn't think this would turn out that big an issue for u or felt that strongly about it, but watevs.

Y

yep, TBH it gets a little unsavoury to continually read our own supporters calling our players “SPUDS”
I simply don’t understand the need for personal insult because that’s what a term like this is. A personal insult. Aimed at people you don’t know and are actually fantastic blokes.
Well said Robbo18!

Of course there is. Look at all the good teams, they all have some experienced depth players.

Hit the nail on the head. Too many people around here are very quick to want to cut players that aren't A graders or projecting to be A-graders. I would in fact be devastated if we delisted Mitch.

Not just depth, but culture is a big thing too. Going around slashing and delisting popular depth guys before its warranted has a flow on affect, as it would in any workplace. This is a workplace, not a Super Coach side.

Delisting Mitch would just feel wrong to me.

The guy always busts his gut for us. Apart from that, his contested marking is grossly underrated. He's also a very reliable set shot goalkicker from all ranges.

Surely a regular in the side who is a damn solid AFL footballer shouldn't even be in this discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are much bigger contributors to our culture than Mitch Robinson. Like I’ve said the outside perception compared to the inside perception are polar opposites.

If the club rated him like supporters do he wouldn’t be OOC currently

There are much bigger contributors to our culture than Mitch Robinson. Like I’ve said the outside perception compared to the inside perception are polar opposites.

May well be true but I would still have trouble if he was delisted. Clearly bleeds for the cause. Can't have too many of those blokes.

He had been offered 1 yr, he wanted 2.
The club may now have taken that offer off the table. But they did offer him a contract.

He was asked about it on the Roar Deal. Though I don't know that he said it was him wanting 2 but only getting one year - from memory it was basically that there was an offer that had been discussed and Fagan wanted him around.

Any news? Regarding the senior list I'd move on Bell, Paparone, Bewick, Dawson and payout Frost if possible. Bastinac & Keays as potential steak knives in any trade deals otherwise let them see out 2019.

Robinson will get another deal, the club realises his contribution to the team, his existing ability as a player and the entertainment factor he brings to the table.

Clayde Beams won’t be delisted if Brisbane want to keep Dayne and have a chance of him resigning.

Josh Walker and Ryan Lester have become legitimate depth players and well liked players by the fans.

Eagles is a cult figure in the lions now, doubt he will go anywhere as Fagan has taken a liking to him. He has the energy of a younger player too which is a plus.

Every other player that has been brought up here is a meh at best. Bell is a must delist, as well as Dawson. Bastinac, Frost and Keays should be traded out, even for late picks. If what is being said about him going to the Suns is true, getting rid of him now would be wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back