Who is Playing for their Career in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be dumbfounded if Mitch was delisted.......but Fagan and co know better than us what we need to do.

The full results last night might give an indication of how they rated his performance.

Not sure if I am reading into it too much but Mitch Robbo has dropped the Brisbane Lions #5 from his Instagram....
I reckon something is up with MRobbo - didn't look himself against West Coast - maybe a bit disappointed he is only being offered a 12 month contract...

Robbo clearly wanted to see out his playing career with us. 2 years ago Dodongo remembers Robbo saying how he would hate for his career to be over before we contend. Dodongo remembers him using Boyd as an example of that - being forced out of the game due to injuries just before our era began. The same will apply here. Dodongou knows Robbo will be absolutely devastated if he doesn't get a new contract. He is a big believer in where this club is going.

I'd be dumbfounded if Mitch was delisted.......but Fagan and co know better than us what we need to do.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Mitch gets delisted.

Fagnob running the tightest of ships and although a fan favourite internally his standing isn’t as high as we all might think

Fagnob running the tightest of ships and although a fan favourite internally his standing isn’t as high as we all might think
Yep, somebody else alluded to that earlier re the B&F final vote count, I've had a look for it and the only list I can find is the top 10.

Does anyone know if the Lions publish the full list?

Also his partner was going down memory lane recently on insta and had this photo of when they first came here. There was something about the tone of the message that had me wondering if it’s all over.
I hope he doesn’t go. Surely he is a depth player.

What about depth tho? We aren't always going to have this amazing injury list we had this year and we are probably gonna delist a few experienced guys. At some point, if someone gets injured, it would be nice to call on someone who has played a few games and we know what we would get out of them, not another debut. Really don't understand this whole him possibly being delisted. If it is him being unprofessional or something then l can understand but if it is just because of performance, well l woud say there were a fair few below him and he is one of the few who actually gets the hard ball. At least keep him as depth as l alluded to earlier.

Dodongo would prefer the club to terminate and pay out Bastinac, Frost and Smith before letting go of mitch
And that’s why dodongo isn’t running our list management.

Mitch is very replaceable and ready to be over taken. If the off season plans go ahead, his role is gone from the team. Fagan favours giving youth a run over known quantities so the depth excuse isn’t a valid one. Otherwise guys like robew, basti, c.beams etc would have got more of a run this year.

At the moment he’s probably rated in the 18-22 range.

While I think most supporters rate him in that 10-15 range. Take out the emotion he is very replaceable.
We’ll all find out soon enough regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch is very replaceable and ready to be over taken. If the off season plans go ahead, his role is gone from the team. Fagan favours giving youth a run over known quantities so the depth excuse isn’t a valid one. Otherwise guys like robew, basti, c.beams etc would have got more of a run this year.

While I think most supporters rate him in that 10-15 range. Take out the emotion he is very replaceable.
You just said that he is probably rated at the 18-22 range. So it would only take a few injuries/suspensions to bring him in. Just because he wont be in the team doesn't mean we should delist him. He can still do a good job in the ressies and teach them, and then if there are sufficient injuries then we can bring him in.

Dodongo would prefer to have Robbo as depth who can do a job over the following spuds who can't.

Bewick, Paparone, Dawson, Smith, Frost, Bastinac, Bell, C Beams and some other rookies.

Dodongo would give Robbo a list spot ahead of Keays who isnt a spud but just not up to our game plan and will be better off at another club. The other players mentioned wouldn't get a list spot on any other club in the comp.

I hope Mitch is around next year (at least).

Dodongo wants to quote this post to highlight how right you are. Robbo can still be used as depth. Some of the spuds on our list couldn't get work at the local spud farm and as they are contracted they could stay on the list ahead of a capable player who can be depth. Baffling

You just said that he is probably rated at the 18-22 range. So it would only take a few injuries/suspensions to bring him in. Just because he wont be in the team doesn't mean we should delist him. He can still do a good job in the ressies and teach them, and then if there are sufficient injuries then we can bring him in.
18-22 range with another pre season into the fringe youth that Fagan obviously wants in the team, I bet he’s over taken by a bunch of them.

Mitch is a known quantity, he’s too old to add more strings to his bow. Guys like Bailey, Allison, starc, Cox all get another pre season plus whomever we bring in in the off-season.

The kids are coming up and tbh were a better side when guys like Mitch are pushed out by the youth.

Dodongo wants to quote this post to highlight how right you are. Robbo can still be used as depth. Some of the spuds on our list couldn't get work at the local spud farm and as they are contracted they could stay on the list ahead of a capable player who can be depth. Baffling
Hey Dodongo - you make a lot of sense and I enjoy your posts but there is never any need to refer to Lions players as "spuds"...never!

Y
Hey Dodongo - you make a lot of sense and I enjoy your posts but there is never any need to refer to Lions players as "spuds"...never!
yep, TBH it gets a little unsavoury to continually read our own supporters calling our players “SPUDS”
I simply don’t understand the need for personal insult because that’s what a term like this is. A personal insult. Aimed at people you don’t know and are actually fantastic blokes.

Agree with your sentiment and also really enjoy Dodongo’s other posts.

I reckon people are reading into it way too much. Mitch is still a huge contributor to the team and will be a Lion next year.

He was massive for us early this year before his injury setback. Averaged 23 and 6 tackles a game and was one of our best contributors over the first half of the year.

Last edited:
Robinson has hit his ceiling. We won’t get better as a team if we don’t improve the quality of our players. I like Robinson’s hard edge but that’s about it. No point hanging onto older players just for depth

Robinson has hit his ceiling. We won’t get better as a team if we don’t improve the quality of our players. I like Robinson’s hard edge but that’s about it. No point hanging onto older players just for depth
Of course there is. Look at all the good teams, they all have some experienced depth players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back