List Mgmt. Who is playing for their careers? 2019 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the “tough” guys in the reigning premiers?

I didn’t think Nick was especially tough. All that off the ball stuff is weak and let the team down at times.

Sad to see Robertson leave, gave us some good years but tough decisions had to be made. I'm hopeful of seeing Corey Lyons stick around. If it comes down to delisting one of Bundy, Lester and Keays, I'd rather keep Bundy and Keays. Bundy is still a best 22 contender and Keays still has his best football ahead of him. We know what Lester is at this point in his career, he doesn't have the scope for development that Keays still does, and unfortunately I'd have to say he isn't a best 22 contender.

It's already been indicated that we're keeping Lyons, Skinner and Eagles (Cat B). I don't think any senior list player will be moved on to the rookie list given they are already uncontracted. I'd predict keeping Lester and Christensen but I'm really only about 50% confident that we'll do that - we might only keep one of the two, and delisting Robertson (obviously), Walker, and Keays.
With Lyons, Skinner and Big O that's 36 now on the senior list. Bundy & Lester would make 38, which seems too many given the number of draft picks we have, though we can still lose some in upgrading if we can manage it. Why wouldn't we move senior players onto the Cat A list, we did last year didn't we? Walker and Keays are both worth rookie spots for mine given their perfromances in the seniors this year.

Hi all
Just want to thank you all for the banter over the last 6 years
Wish you guys and the Lions all the very best. You’ve got so much to be positive about and plenty of good times to come. Keep embracing and building up your players even in spite of difficult situations. Builds character and resilience.
Thanks guys.
Always loved my BigFooty banter
Old Robbo👍👍👍

I am genuinely sad to see Nick go. He deserves a start at another club.

It is a tough business and at times like this it reminds us all even more clearly, that the players are human like us and not mere assets of a footy club.

Why wouldn't we move senior players onto the Cat A list, we did last year didn't we? Walker and Keays are both worth rookie spots for mine given their perfromances in the seniors this year.
Because they were contracted beyond that year. We might move players on to the rookie list but it'd be guys like Cox if we think he's unlikely to play seniors much next year. Redrafting uncontracted players on to the rookie list is very unusual and different to what we did.

With Lyons, Skinner and Big O that's 36 now on the senior list. Bundy & Lester would make 38, which seems too many given the number of draft picks we have, though we can still lose some in upgrading if we can manage it. Why wouldn't we move senior players onto the Cat A list, we did last year didn't we? Walker and Keays are both worth rookie spots for mine given their perfromances in the seniors this year.

Walker will end up playing FB for the Suns.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Walker will end up playing FB for the Suns.

I really don’t think so.

When they’re all healthy, Suns have decent tall defenders.

Problem last year was they lost their three best tall defenders by, or shortly after, the mid season bye.

I really don’t think so.

When they’re all healthy, Suns have decent tall defenders.

Problem last year was they lost their three best tall defenders by, or shortly after, the mid season bye.

Who do they have Ballard, Collins and Thompson. Ballard more an intercept defender, Thompson 28 injury prone and retuning from an ACL Collins a state league player. I don’t think they’re well stocked for key positions defenders.

Who do they have Ballard, Collins and Thompson. Ballard more an intercept defender, Thompson 28 injury prone and retuning from an ACL Collins a state league player. I don’t think they’re well stocked for key positions defenders.

Collins is quality. Was on West Coast’s list before winning the VFL b&f.

Skinner a real sliding doors case, could have been an absolute gun but just had horrible injuries at the worst possible time, could still be of course, lets see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skinner a real sliding doors case, could have been an absolute gun but just had horrible injuries at the worst possible time, could still be of course, lets see what happens.
Sam played a full season in the NEAFL this season and was good from what I saw, hopefully he is over his knee issues, has a lot to offer IMO.

Sorry to see Robbo go but its not really a surprise. I thought he would be trade bait along with Lewy and Cutler and he did get some interest so hopefully he lands somewhere … probably Freo. Based on those 3 leaving you'd have to think Walker and Bundy are likely as well along with Basti. Sort of wish we hadn't signed Birchall.

Did you watch Collins last year? He's better than a state league player, in fact I'd say he's just as good as Walker. And that's a weird criticism of Ballard given Walker works best when given licence to play as an intercept defender. I'd say Collins is actually better at being a shutdown defender.

1st list lodgement is 31st of October, I think players have to be delisted or signed by that day. Contracts run from November to end of October.

Robertson & Walker are pretty brutal. Christensen & Lester are toss ups but you'd suspect at this rate the rookie list is the best chance for Lyons & Skinner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back