• Josh Kennedy (WC)

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Marcus Bontempelli (WB)

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • other

Votes: 25 15.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With anzac day coming up ive watched the zaharakis replay about 15 times this week. With that in mind i was wondering who is the most clutch player in the afl. The guy who just always seems to bob up when the goal or smother or tackle needs to be laid in the final seconds.

With anzac day coming up ive watched the zaharakis replay about 15 times this week. With that in mind i was wondering who is the most clutch player in the afl. The guy who just always seems to bob up when the goal or smother or tackle needs to be laid in the final seconds.
I was thinking maybe J Selwood.

I was thinking maybe J Selwood.
Added an option for other. To be honest I was scratching my head trying to think of a player for some clubs, and wanted to put two or three options for others, but i thought it would be taken more seriously if i put an option for each club

Seeing some of the names in this list makes me think OP is trolling.

Ask any Pies fan and they'd say that about the most unclutch players on our list the last few years was Dane Beams.

Other notables - Jack Watts wtf? - has he even played in a clutch game that didn't involve winning the no 1 draft pick.

Nat Fyfe - did op watch the 2013 gf?

I voted for Bartel. I'm not sure if he still is but his ability to kick clutch goals in so many years and games was definitely a significant part of the cats success. Nobody else stands out as a 'big moment player' - most of the players listed are just great players so of course they will sometimes come up big.

Seeing some of the names in this list makes me think OP is trolling.

Ask any Pies fan and they'd say that about the most unclutch players on our list the last few years was Dane Beams.

Other notables - Jack Watts wtf? - has he even played in a clutch game that didn't involve winning the no 1 draft pick.

Nat Fyfe - did op watch the 2013 gf?
exactly would be Daniel rich over beams at Brisbane 100%, Nat fyfe is definently a clutch player IMO

Ablett at his best number 1 for sure, with buddy very close in. Buddy's last quarter against port last year was freakishly good.

I voted buddy. That goal against Adeliade in the elimination final, and the goal in the prelim that they lost to Collingwood are the standout ones that come to mind.

As for Jack Watts I barely watch Melbourne games and its rare that the game is ever close enough for somebody to actually be clutch. He was pretty good against us last year, and I didn't nominate Salem because he has only played a dozen or so games. Same can be said for Brisbane, i would have nominated Ash Mcgrath for his kick after the siren, but he's retired.

I voted buddy. That goal against Adeliade in the elimination final, and the goal in the prelim that they lost to Collingwood are the standout ones that come to mind.

As for Jack Watts I barely watch Melbourne games and its rare that the game is ever close enough for somebody to actually be clutch. He was pretty good against us last year, and I didn't nominate Salem because he has only played a dozen or so games. Same can be said for Brisbane, i would have nominated Ash Mcgrath for his kick after the siren, but he's retired.
Yeah fair enough, Cale hooker and Isaac Henry have had good clutch goals.. Ones a full back and ones played about 2 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't nominate Salem because he has only played a dozen or so games.
But you nominated Bontempelli, who has played 2 more games than Salem.

Doesn't matter how long they've played for, only matters if they're clutch.

But you nominated Bontempelli, who has played 2 more games than Salem.

Doesn't matter how long they've played for, only matters if they're clutch.
You cannot compare the Bont to mere mortals

Another vote for J Selwood

Back