MVP Who is your favourite Bulldogs player?

Who is your favourite Bulldogs player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lin Jong

Write in vote for Bailey Smith.

Toby McLean

That run down tackle by Vandermeer last night was scary. We haven't seen that kind of aggression from a Dogs player since Clay Smith retired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a favourite of mine ever since we drafted him with a name like that. Then I saw his highlights package and was sold. Then boy, turns out he can play some pretty good footy and the way he goes about it is great to watch.

Kid - Chris Grant (Brad Johnson close second)
Teen - Griff
Young Adult - Dale Morris
Adult - Bailey Smith

I was crushing hard on Bont but met Baz last year and he is the nicest guy you could ever meet. Had a 20 minute chat with me, Dunkley was also a top bloke.

Last edited:
All time? This guy.

20210317_200933.jpg

Current list, probably the Bont or Bailey Smith, but Vandermeer and Bailey Williams are genuine contenders.

Remember the complaints when we ignored our needs and drafted yet another half-back flanker that nobody had heard of?

Let's just keep doing that.

Ever since I’ve aged and taken a lot more interest in draftees, at least 1 a year have been a who-TF selection.

Christian Howard & Matthew Fuller the standouts, but not a year since I’ve had to google who they are and what they do.

Bedendo this year, Butler last, VDM the year before....

Yeah some people may be wrong, but the argument between best available and most balance will still remain. At this point I’d still give up McNeill or Bedendo for a KPD who could come in if Keath/Gards/Cordy went down.

It will be an eternal question, but if no injuries the long term view will be the overall outcome. If McN/Beddo become good players, it overrules John Smith from Generic Uni being drafted as a KPD but never really playing (see Collins, K) even though that position is one of need in the circumstances at the time

The for L VDM is great, ironically most of us have never seen him play in the flesh yet. And the kid himself hasn’t had to opportunity to kick a goal or run someone down and hear the cheers from a full house of bulldog fans. Hope it’s not too far away.

Past ; D Hawkins = D Morris.

Today ‘ Bailey Williams = Crozier

Both photo finishes - dead head - can’t pick it

Aaron Naughton - current

Mark West / Chris Grant - all time

Past ; D Hawkins = D Morris.

Today ‘ Bailey Williams = Crozier

Both photo finishes - dead head - can’t pick it
God I love Crozier. The hangers are just the icing on the cake. Such a reliable, committed player. Great pace, great kick and a real footy brain. I know he’s highly rated within the club but I feel he still flies under the radar. What a player for Bailey Williams to learn from.

Back