List Mgmt. Who will replace Glass as captain?

Who should captain the Eagles post Darren Glass

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu:
I'd now go with:

Captain: Hurn
Vice Captains: Kennedy & Mackenzie
Leadership group: Priddis & Selwood

Don't care if we don't have a leadership group. But they would be my top 5.

Agree 100%:thumbsu:

Have read that Hurn is one of the smarter footballers at the club with structures, reading the play and game plans. He most definitely stepped up over the past few months and plays a good position / role for a captain. Kennedy and EMac are at either end playing deep. Not many FF's who were captains.

Hurn across half back can be the general and influence all segments of the ground. I think the added responsibility will get the best out of him. He's not small and no one would push him around ala Murphy at the Blues, also attracts a tag at times which indicates his quality. The way we are now freeing up a player down back we seem to also be freeing Hurn up easier to great effect. Hurn attacking kicking inside forward 50 is what has lifted us over the past few games.

Definitely has the respect of the playing group and opposition.

Having Kennedy and Vice and EMac means we have good strong leaders in attack and defense.

Just going to throw it out there - How about a rotating roster. Make everyone responsible to captain the team and feel the power to have their say. Perhaps even have a minimum tenure of 4 years before eligible. Thus not one person is going to feel the pressure - and it gives the option to many to take the game by the balls and step up when the team needs it.

If not Hurn gets my vote.

Just going to throw it out there - How about a rotating roster. Make everyone responsible to captain the team and feel the power to have their say. Perhaps even have a minimum tenure of 4 years before eligible. Thus not one person is going to feel the pressure - and it gives the option to many to take the game by the balls and step up when the team needs it.

If not Hurn gets my vote.
They're doing that at the moment and it seems to be working. But having a full time captain gives a better image of unity IMO.

Hurn is the best candidate IMO.

I wonder where Selwood sits in all of this? To some, it was sort of 'assumed' that he would be the next captain after Waters pulled out of the VC position, but he obviously hasn't been a part of the post-Glass rotation, given the injury. Is it a case of bad timing with the injury that cost him a shot at being captain?

For the record, I still would rate Hurn over Selwood.

When Hurn has a good game (Collingwood & Crows) I think he'd be great. But then he gets shut out for large portions of others and I think Emac.
Exactly this. He needs to find a way to impact when being tagged otherwise it's hard for him to lead by example. Otherwise he's the perfect candidate.

Exactly this. He needs to find a way to impact when being tagged otherwise it's hard for him to lead by example. Otherwise he's the perfect candidate.
It'll be easier for him when Sheppard and Ellis are back in the side. They certainly command more attention than Butler does.

Havent missed sheppard at all. Trade table.
Sheppard has been good this year. To trade him now (for peanuts) when he is finally cementing himself would be very poor list management.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheppard has been good this year. To trade him now (for peanuts) when he is finally cementing himself would be very poor list management.

I thought that he has had a breakout year. Another preseason in the gym and he will be ready to explode next year.

Hurn for sure now. Has been leading by example and getting better and better at it since Glass retired. I also think that behind the scenes he had a fair bit to do with Lycett re-signing.
I think a 3-way vice captaincy would work with JK, for the forwards, Emac, for the defenders and either Scooter or Priddis for the midfielders.

I voted for dominic sheed of the west coast footballing club. Not yet, he will be captain when he get into best 22 lineup very good young man i love what he is doing. All his hard work should pay off next year when we give him chance to play on biggest stage of them all. Good leadership skills shining thru already i think it will be dom shed.

I voted for dominic sheed of the west coast footballing club. Not yet, he will be captain when he get into best 22 lineup very good young man i love what he is doing. All his hard work should pay off next year when we give him chance to play on biggest stage of them all. Good leadership skills shining thru already i think it will be dom shed.
:thumbsu:;):thumbsu:

Back