Who won the Off-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

swans4eva

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
In your opinion, who do you think won the off-season with trade and the 3 drafts other than your own club.

I thought that the Kangas did very well...

Same here, I think North did very, very well. At this stage...

Not at all sold on Daw, but some very good selections esp in the ND and should do the best out of that deal for Gibson

Okay I made a Mistake:rolleyes:
Well that's promising TD, it takes a big man to admit a mistake.. I hope one day I'll have the opportunity to do the same.. but it's seems highly unlikely I'll ever be wrong

Melbourne, Melbourne and Melbourne....
Oh wait Melbourne. And with the selection they had they should have.
Special mention to Richmond, good luck you will need it, they have one good selection at 3!

North won it IMO..

But they probably need to, they are really struggling
with members this year, Id like to see North go well.

Sydney for me, got quality with little picks. Bradshaw, Kennedy, McGlynn and swapped a 30 year old ruckman albeit a good ruckman for a couple younger options in Mumford and Seaby.

Plus got decent young players in Rohan and Jetta

Massive props from me :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sydney for me, got quality with little picks. Bradshaw, Kennedy, McGlynn and swapped a 30 year old ruckman albeit a good ruckman for a couple younger options in Mumford and Seaby.

Massive props from me :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bradshaw is a 1000 years old and will be retired before their window opens and Jolly isn't 30, he just turned 28 last month :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradshaw is a 1000 years old and will be retired before their window opens and Jolly isn't 30, he just turned 28 last month :rolleyes:

So you don't think Sydney did well, they managed to keep their first round draft pick, swap a 33yo full forward for a 31yo full forward (who i think is better anyway) Get 2 serviceable ruckman and gain another first round pick. Yeh they did terrible. :cool:

That's without adding McGlynn and Kennedy for pick 55 which was the steal of the trade week.

Pies did well, though missing a draft could come back to hurt them, but clearly the prize goes to a side that cannot be mentioned :D
Not this draft though, just about everyone available this year was available last year thanks to GC17 sucking up all the 17 year olds.. it was a smart year to top up on senior talent

It will probably take a few years for us to know but feel we got a good mix of highly talented mids and a few good KPP prospects which covers the areas we needed some work in.

I think for immediate needs Collingwood did a great job. Jolly, Ball are in the prime of their career and ready to go and they picked up a few promising prospects.

I think for the kind of picks they had access to Swans got maximum value out of them. They will need some of them to come good but think they have done a great job to put some more promising young kids on the list, Roos is doing the right thing by Longmire by focusing heavily on the future when he was probably tempted to have a crack at the reasonable senior players on the move this year.

Voss has probably done the biggest dice roll, Vegas style, I think it will either come off in spectacular fashion or it will be a diabolical disaster. I hope for the Lions it pans out well.

Sydney for mine- two electric midfielders/forwards with their first picks plus some options down back, as well as McNeil for free. From tthe picks they had Richmond did well but they basically went "safe" rather than risky reward picks which was a surprise.

Not this draft though, just about everyone available this year was available last year thanks to GC17 sucking up all the 17 year olds.. it was a smart year to top up on senior talent

I agree to an extent. It was a weak draft, but lets not pretend it was becuase GC ripped out the 17 years olds. Only 2 of them would have gone top 10 (Matera the obvious one, and there is one other that I keep forgetting- CHF). I think the Pies did well, but I am not sold on drafting Buckley.

I agree to an extent. It was a weak draft, but lets not pretend it was becuase GC ripped out the 17 years olds. Only 2 of them would have gone top 10 (Matera the obvious one, and there is one other that I keep forgetting- CHF). I think the Pies did well, but I am not sold on drafting Buckley.

Oh come on, he'll be a great assistant coach :p

There was no guarantee we would get a great tap ruckman and clearance player out of the draft so it was a no brainer with Jolly and Ball, pretty damn cheap too

Sydney definately.

Not only will they say competitive over the next few years and not slide down the ladder, they are developing a very nice list for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back