Who would you take? Dusty or Juddy?

225 games in, who would you take in your team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably Judd, but I think Dusty will have a better career from games 226 to 279 :think:

Judd stats games 226 to 279
Games: 54
Brownlow votes: 19 in 10 games
Kicks: av 11.5
Handballs: av 8.1
Disposals: 19.6
Marks: 5.1
Goals: 30
Judd fell off a cliff thanks to his shoulders giving way. I definitely think Dusty will have a better back end to his career. As it stands right now, it's easily Judd though

The competition feels so much weaker these days. There aren't any great teams. The fact that players like Jack Reiwoldt and Trent Cotchin are considered stars tell you all you need to know. Counts against Dusty a bit.
They are stars because they are guns who play for the best side, history is full of it. I’m not sure what you are referring to as in these days but Riewoldt won a Coleman a decade ago as a fourth year player.

Judd.

By the time he left WC at age 24 he had accomplished more than most players can ever dream of. At the same stage Gary Ablett Jr (a year younger, same draft - now considered one of the best players of all time) had just put together his first AA calibre season. In 6 six seasons his B&F finishes were 3-2-1-2-1-6 and he would've won it easily in his last season if not for missing games through injury. Brownlow, AFLPA MVP, Norm Smith, premiership captain... that's the sort of CV you'd hope for after 15 years, and he won all of it between 2004 and 2006. Nuts.

Judd had the skill set of Robert Harvey and the athleticism of Dangerfield. Opponents would try to tackle him at a contest and he'd just brush them off like they weren't there then run away and put 10m on them. Phenomenal to watch, and he's such a boring campaigner that he didn't really celebrate. He would kick goal of the year then just run back to the middle for the next centre bounce with maybe a high five or a point towards a teammate who was involved in the play.

Credit to Dusty though, he is awesome. A better kick than Judd (who was effective but not elite in this area) and more versatile. If Dusty played permanently forward he'd be a 40-50 goal a year player still getting 20+ possessions. Judd was never a great marking target having had shoulder issues before he was even drafted.

When you think about it, Richmond's 2 Premierships have been the back of overwhelming home ground advantage, a generally weak comp, a smattering of stars and the rest role players.
Their list doesn't compare favorably with any premiership list in living memory, yet they've won 2 in 3 years. Pretty sad reflection of where the game is at.

Having said that Dusty is an out and out star.

Judd fell off a cliff thanks to his shoulders giving way. I definitely think Dusty will have a better back end to his career. As it stands right now, it's easily Judd though

Shoulders giving way? He came into the league with shot shoulders (scary to think what sort of player he could have been given he had the height to compete in the air). It was OP that took away his explosive pace.

Richmond supporters, can’t you just do everyone a favour and keep the melts to your salt thread

I'm surprised that I'm not automatically saying Judd, but it's a tough call for me.

Both great for most of their careers, and extraordinary for a couple of years.

If it wasn't for OP, it would be Judd by an absolute mile, because he would have maintained that explosiveness and been extraordinary for his whole career.

That thread is an absolute gift. My favourite since the Ross Lyon thread on the Freo board. Just melt after melt, what are you all compensating for?

Funny thing is no one From Richmond had an issue with the Eagles and their supporters. After 18 they were our 2nd favourite club but since October last year shot went south. ****ed if I know why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not even a conversation. Judd is the 2nd best mid of the 2000s behind GAJ and Dusty isnt a top 10 mid of the 2000s. Judd was a top mid in the comp for a decade, Dusty kind of broke out in 2016 when he started winning awards but before that he was simply a very good player, nothing more.
You have not watched many RFC games....

Prime Juddy but not by how much the poll is currently suggesting.
hes either better or he isnt. He may be slightly better, but 90% can still agree on that. % of votes on the poll isnt an indicator of HOW MUCH better he is, just that he IS better

Shoulders giving way? He came into the league with shot shoulders (scary to think what sort of player he could have been given he had the height to compete in the air). It was OP that took away his explosive pace.
Yeah OP too, but his shoulders gave him trouble his entire career.

Injury free, he could've rivalled Leigh Matthews

Funny thing is no one From Richmond had an issue with the Eagles and their supporters. After 18 they were our 2nd favourite club but since October last year shot went south. f’ed if I know why?
For me, Richmond are the poster child for the inequities in our competition. 2017 finals series, 7 games in a row on the mcg etc, etc. your successes in part are the product of being a big Melbourne club, and the inherent advantages that comes along with it. You get special treatment. That’s to go along with how unbearable your supporters continue to be after a flag

that West Coast era he was the most explosive damaging player of all time.

Ablett Snr 82-86 has him covered.

Martin's been the best player for the last 3-4 seasons. Prior to this, he was an elite midfielder but never the game changer he is today.
Judd for the best part of 170 games, was in the conversation of top 3 players in the game and people forget that.

You have not watched many RFC games....
you have not watched many chris judd games.

Comparison of their career achievements
Martin Judd
1587453677113.png 1587453730873.png
If you ask me, Martin has been a top 5 midfielder in this league for at most 4 seasons. 3 all-australians just proves that he hasnt sustained elite football for as long as Judd, and frankly his best football is nowhere near Judd. Richmond fans are notoriously biased and delusional and you are living proof.

you have not watched many chris judd games.

Comparison of their career achievements
Martin Judd
View attachment 862200View attachment 862204
If you ask me, Martin has been a top 5 midfielder in this league for at most 4 seasons. 3 all-australians just proves that he hasnt sustained elite football for as long as Judd, and frankly his best football is nowhere near Judd. Richmond fans are notoriously biased and delusional and you are living proof.
Rubbish, you called him good ordinary etc then cover up this nonsense. So now you are saying he has been top 5 for how long? I call your bluff and raise you two Norm Smiths to an ordinary player.

Ignore the first half of the season?

There it is. The entitled west Australian bias. Special treatment my arse. Rediculous amount of jealousy coming from you blokes. Absolute poster boys for entitlement
I didn’t ignore anything. Not sure how wanting a fairer competition equals entitlement, either.

Ablett Snr 82-86 has him covered.

Martin's been the best player for the last 3-4 seasons. Prior to this, he was an elite midfielder but never the game changer he is today.
Judd for the best part of 170 games, was in the conversation of top 3 players in the game and people forget that.
Martin wasn’t even the best footballer last year.

Back