Why do you see alot more EPL tops worn in the street...

Remove this Banner Ad

Because soccer tops are more fashionable than AFL jerseys, thats all.

Again, stop embarrassing yourself by trying to prove that soccer is more popular in this country than AFL, because its not

Because soccer tops are more fashionable than AFL jerseys, thats all.

Again, stop embarrassing yourself by trying to prove that soccer is more popular in this country than AFL, because its not

i noticed this aswell, it really depends what part of Melbourne you're in though.

i know a few people who wear afl tops around sometimes, but mainly in winter during the season.

same as the number of soccer shirts i see drops when its the European off season.

plus a soccer top is more practical to wear around in summer then an AFL top.

Honestly, I'd say 1/2 of the people you see wearing "SOCCER TOPS" in public are tourists from England and Europe.

This time of year especially, everywhere you go, whether it's to a restaurant, a sporting event, a club, a pub, wherever, you see tourists (usually English) wearing those ridiculous looking soccer tops.

I know absolutely no one who lives in Melbourne who wears a soccer top out for any reason whatsoever, unless they are going to a Melbourne Victory game or the Cricket.

What a pile of horse s**t.

I wear my new Hammers jersey around all the time, yet I never wear a Geelong jersey anywhere but to the footy.

But let me tell you, if I had to choose between either team (or any other team for that matter) if I could only follow one or the other, the Cats win hands down against anyone.

Honestly, I'd say 1/2 of the people you see wearing "SOCCER TOPS" in public are tourists from England and Europe.

This time of year especially, everywhere you go, whether it's to a restaurant, a sporting event, a club, a pub, wherever, you see tourists (usually English) wearing those ridiculous looking soccer tops.

I know absolutely no one who lives in Melbourne who wears a soccer top out for any reason whatsoever, unless they are going to a Melbourne Victory game or the Cricket.

I do. Often.

I am constantly amazed at the profile the EPL has in this country. You now see highlights & results on the commercial TV sports news, so it isn't surprising that EPL merchandise is so big here. It's mostly the younger generation (under 25) wearing it, as the generation older then that are not anywhere near as interested in football as 25 and unders.

I am constantly amazed at the profile the EPL has in this country. You now see highlights & results on the commercial TV sports news, so it isn't surprising that EPL merchandise is so big here. It's mostly the younger generation (under 25) wearing it, as the generation older then that are not anywhere near as interested in football as 25 and unders.

Its just fashion. US Basketball tops were big a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And under 12 you see more kids wearing Footaball Jumpers that soccer tops

And under 12 you see more kids wearing Footaball Jumpers that soccer tops. Why because you can get away with it

My advice - start doing some bicep curls - then you might have a better reason to wear the Collingwood guernsey around.:)

heh, heh, I don't have the body for it anymore, but in my younger days, nothing would turn a woman's head more than a solid bod in a tight footy guernsey.

It's also why we used to use any exscuse to wrap black tape around our biceps - it looked good!

Well, certain EPL tops, namely the big four. Can't say I've seen a whole lot of Hull City, Bolton or Wigan Athletic tops. It is same where ever you travel in the world. The big clubs will only keep getting bigger.

It is the one thing I hate about league soccer, is that nearly every year the same, or one of a select few, will win. And I'm a diehard Rangers fan, but it is a bit boring waiting every couple of months to play Celtic just to see who will win it that year.

Champions League is even becoming a little predictable.

And as for interest in the EPL, an EPL team, Fulham, only drew a crowd of 20,000 when they played Victory. Man Utd would have sold out the MCG of course. Just shows how much of it is marketing and trend followers.

Well, certain EPL tops, namely the big four. Can't say I've seen a whole lot of Hull City, Bolton or Wigan Athletic tops. It is same where ever you travel in the world. The big clubs will only keep getting bigger.

It is the one thing I hate about league soccer, is that nearly every year the same, or one of a select few, will win. And I'm a diehard Rangers fan, but it is a bit boring waiting every couple of months to play Celtic just to see who will win it that year.

Champions League is even becoming a little predictable.

And as for interest in the EPL, an EPL team, Fulham, only drew a crowd of 20,000 when they played Victory. Man Utd would have sold out the MCG of course. Just shows how much of it is marketing and trend followers.

The big 4 will remain a big 4 - until Man Utd goes into liquidation!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back