Autopsy Why you cant trust this team yet 23 point loss to Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

GoTheSwannies

lucy-ew.gif

2 main points fore me:

- Can't put into words how bad Ladhams game was. Got soundly beaten by a part time ruckman. Can excuse having a bas game against his old side, but to give away to blatant free kicks which cost goals is inexcusable. Needs to be dropped for that performance.

- Our tackling today seemed way off. The amount of Port play that slipped, shrugged and palmed off some of our tackle attempts was ridiculous.

Yeah that sucked. Hats off to Port that was one of the best performances I've seen them put on.

They shook us all day in the back half and the players rattled, lost their minds, and lost tactical perspective.

Until we can adjust kick:handball ratio based on what we're presented with up the field we're going to be vulnerable.

So much slow play and it was infuriating

Feel we're learning still

But Port were nuts

Would like a gun defender

1655534062646.png

Out: Florent, Wicks, Rampe, Ladhams
IN: Clarke, Ronke, One of O''Connor/Gould/Melican, a ruck

Jokes aside, pretty much said my thoughts in the game day thread

• They were harder for longer. Lost possessions and tackles. That is work rate and effort right there
  • Heeney, McDonald, Mills and Parker can keep their heads up
  • Cunningham and COR were alright but prefer Fox and Florrent
  • Speaking of: Florrent shouldn't be in the mids, just HB
  • McInerney's shoulder may have been why but he has had a poor batch of form lately
  • Poor games from Rowy, Warner and Blakey today. They really give us drive and they were well shutdown today
  • Franklin had a Franklin game. He kicks those he misses, suddenly we look better
  • Wicks, Ladhams two of the worst games I have seen from them
  • Gulden and Hayward played that floating nothing HFF role Horse likes so much. Works well when winning but otherwise they don't really get involved
  • McCartins did well I think considering the pressure they were under
  • Rampe got a bath and why didn't he move to someone else?

If I had to make wholesale changes:

OUT: Ladhams, Wicks, COR, Lloyd
IN: Hickey, Stephens, Fox, Campbell

No reason why a resting mid can't do what Wicks does forward of the ball, get Stephens in for his run something we missed today.

Realistically just Ladhams for Hickey and Wicks for Ronke

Florents best and worst does my head in

He is a disappointment high pick imo
He doesn't get the ball enough as a mid. He gets more of it across half back

Stats say when he gets it we play a lot better

So we should keep him in the half back line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1427027

Out: Florent, Wicks, Rampe, Ladhams
IN: Clarke, Ronke, One of O''Connor/Gould/Melican, a ruck
Out Lloyd. In a game where we were massively out worked in the contest, he laid a whopping 0 tackles and directly lead to two turn over goals

Also that play where he was smothered (after having an eternity to find an option) by Finlayson and then let's him run off to set up a shot on goal

Liability.

In: Campbell. Can play exactly Lloyd's role and will at least have a bloody crack

When will the Coaches take responsibility?

French Bean Marshall,of all people, gave Rampe an absolute bath.

Wicks ineffective beyond giving up turnovers.

Hayburner had a momentum killer.

Reid as 2nd ruck just does not work.

Why is Lloyd allowed to stat pad and stuff up from kick outs?

These are the games that highlight the problems of which there are many.

The wins just make me dance like a faithful idiot.

Paid for tickets for
Next weeks game and am driving down. No Brisbane game this year and love to see them live.

Honestly right now feel
Like I can’t be bothered, hope a sleep
Sorts that out.

Glad Ladhams took that pathetic swing would like a break from his game anyway.

The turning point after a great start was Lloyd suddenly kicking out again and straight away couldn’t hit the long option and stuffed up the short. Game never recovered.

We can't impose ourselves in the contest and we lose momentum; on the flip side, we're great outside because that's the priority of our gameplan and list

Need that Sheldrick wrecking ball on the fast track

Wtf was up with Finlayson today, needs a drug test.

Out Lloyd. In a game where we were massively out worked in the contest, he laid a whopping 0 tackles and directly lead to two turn over goals

Also that play where he was smothered (after having an eternity to find an option) by Finlayson and then let's him run off to set up a shot on goal

Liability.

In: Campbell. Can play exactly Lloyd's role and will at least have a bloody crack
Yeah had him on my list originally for Fox. But his meters gained were ok the only saving grace on his stat line. And really, he's not gonna get dropped. And we aren't making five changes. Stephens would be an option for him I guess. Campbell too.

Deflating loss where we were nowhere near it.

Currently our team is just not ruthless enough to be truly successful.

Saw none of the intensity of the previous game against the Dee's. Let Port bully us through the midfield, out tackled and pressured into panic kicks and rushed handballs too often. No composure and discipline.

Ladhams wasn't the only horrendous performance but clearly the most damning. Gives away a free goal to Port and then follows up with another downfield free immediately, his efforts in the ruck werent much better, but perhaps worse is the bit of play in the last quarter in our back pocket where he fumbled but the ball stayed in play. He didn't even put the effort to go back a pressure the Port player. Losing a contest is a part of the game but giving up is really below the standard of what we need. Fallen behind an old broken down Callum Sinclair in the pecking order with that game.

Another moment where Hayward marks 15 out in front to get us back level, what does he do? Play on and almost have an air swing on the kick. No professionalism.

Heeney was really our only winner on the ground.

This team have shown themselves to be capable of playing very good football before, but seemingly pick and choose when to bring intensity from week to week. Maybe that will change in the coming years, but until then we're just a middle of the road team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back