Coaching Staff Sydney Swans Assist Coaching & Recruiting Staff: The Brains Trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Sydney Swan Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: John Longmire Thread for Head Coach can be found here
Executive General Manager Football: Leon Cameron
Dean Cox
Jarrad McVeigh
Mark McVeigh
Ben Matthews

Swans Academy:
Colin O'Riordan (Male Academy)

Last edited:

Contrary to the indication about 6 weeks ago that there would be an announcement about Simon Dalrymple's replacement in the first half of February, last night at the AGM they said it will be another 4-6 weeks.

Contrary to the indication about 6 weeks ago that there would be an announcement about Simon Dalrymple's replacement in the first half of February, last night at the AGM they said it will be another 4-6 weeks.

Is this like the injury report and 4-6 weeks means that he's dead?

Sydney has promoted recruiting analyst Chris Keane to help steer the club’s list management under a new-look collaborative approach that will see the rising star work alongside veteran Kinnear Beatson and Swans football boss Leon Cameron.

Keane is being groomed to eventually take over as full-time list manager, but the club has settled on a collaborative approach between Keane, Beatson and Cameron this year without having a standout list boss.

Beatson has been the Swans’ long-time list manager, but will move into more of a recruiting role in 2024 after recognising Keane’s potential.

Sydney has promoted recruiting analyst Chris Keane to help steer the club’s list management under a new-look collaborative approach that will see the rising star work alongside veteran Kinnear Beatson and Swans football boss Leon Cameron.

Keane is being groomed to eventually take over as full-time list manager, but the club has settled on a collaborative approach between Keane, Beatson and Cameron this year without having a standout list boss.

Beatson has been the Swans’ long-time list manager, but will move into more of a recruiting role in 2024 after recognising Keane’s potential.

I can't imagine anyone saw this coming. I wonder if it's a result of Dalrymple leaving or a driving factor in it

A rising star in the List management dept it seems. That's great news we're able to provide career progression internally, he's put in the years that's for certain and its worth remembering that he was mentioned in being on the Eagles view for their own list management spot.

Sounds like we're setting up something similar to what Geelong have, where Andrew Mackie is their list boss, and Steven Wells is recruiting manager.

Keane is/will be list manager, Kinnear recruiting.

Then as Callipygian said, we still have Dalrymple's replacement to come in as well.

Do we know if Ross Monaghan is still doing Futures Recruiting?

Sounds like we're setting up something similar to what Geelong have, where Andrew Mackie is their list boss, and Steven Wells is recruiting manager.

Keane is/will be list manager, Kinnear recruiting.

Then as Callipygian said, we still have Dalrymple's replacement to come in as well.

Do we know if Ross Monaghan is still doing Futures Recruiting?

I specifically asked whether Ross Monaghan is still part of our list management team last night and they confirmed that he is. Not sure if it's specifically as futures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Chris Keane the one who came up with that Rowbottom pick swap a few years ago?

That was genius.

Was that where we mysteriously traded our pick to West Coast for basically nothing and then they sent it back to us after we had matched the bid on Blakey? Yeah, I seem to recall that was Chris Keane's cunning. However that is not the number one talent I want my recruiter to have. (Good in a list manager though but still not number one.)

Damn I completely forgot about the AGM. Was there anything of note worth mentioning?

A rising star in the List management dept it seems. That's great news we're able to provide career progression internally, he's put in the years that's for certain and its worth remembering that he was mentioned in being on the Eagles view for their own list management spot.
At the melb event a couple of weeks ago, kinnear said they are elevating him to provide career progression as otherwise "good people leave your organisation". Said he will be doing some salary negotiations too. It all sounds like a carrot to chris to keep west coast at bay and put in a post kinnear transition plan.

Callipygian made an excellent post
cygnet18

I believe Simon Dalrymple left as he couldn't get on with KB, wasn't over keen on St Scum , but it just came up at the right time .

Sounds like Simon Dalrymple might be a bit of a prickly character. I can imagine KB might be a bit hard to deal with sometimes (although he seems to go ok with Horse and Harley) but Dalrymple had similar complaints when he left the Bulldogs, didn't he?

Dalrymple's also been given a bigger role at the Saints where he's responsible for list management and not just drafting (albeit not solely responsible).

Sounds like Simon Dalrymple might be a bit of a prickly character. I can imagine KB might be a bit hard to deal with sometimes (although he seems to go ok with Horse and Harley) but Dalrymple had similar complaints when he left the Bulldogs, didn't he?

Dalrymple's also been given a bigger role at the Saints where he's responsible for list management and not just drafting (albeit not solely responsible).
Yeah I thought the same thing. Be interesting to see how he goes working with Ross the boss, can't imagine that would be an easy assignment.

Yeah I thought the same thing. Be interesting to see how he goes working with Ross the boss, can't imagine that would be an easy assignment.

I reckon they'll both be instructed to stick to their lane. Will be more how he goes with the head of footy and, possibly, the other recruiters and list managers.

I reckon they'll both be instructed to stick to their lane. Will be more how he goes with the head of footy and, possibly, the other recruiters and list managers.
Wasn't his gripe at the western muts over dunderhead bevo being too overbearing? I could only imagine Lyons being just as bad if not worse.
Though you could be right and after the mess RtB left saints in last time, they may rein his control in somewhat this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back