Coaching Staff Sydney Swans Assist Coaching & Recruiting Staff: The Brains Trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Sydney Swan Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: John Longmire Thread for Head Coach can be found here
Executive General Manager Football: Leon Cameron
Dean Cox
Jarrad McVeigh
Mark McVeigh
Ben Matthews

Swans Academy:
Colin O'Riordan (Male Academy)

Last edited:

Interesting that AFL.com says "Assistant Coaching role" where SEN says "Senior Assistant Coach". The club agrees with AFL.com.
I wonder how Cox feels about all this. Not to mention Macca.

I would suggest that the SEN article is wrong as the clubs statement doesn't state its a Senior Assistant position which we outline when a coach is hired.

More relevant than any other thread I feel.

The AFL has doubled the termination clause payouts for senior and assistant coaches to help provide some of the game’s most under-pressure figures more financial protection.
The Herald Sun can reveal the league has agreed to increase the maximum payouts at AFL-funded clubs to 12 months for senior coaches and six months for assistants.

It guarantees senior coaches (whose contracts have been terminated early) a full year’s salary upon their departure as part of another welcome move from new chief executive Andrew Dillon.

More relevant than any other thread I feel.

The AFL has doubled the termination clause payouts for senior and assistant coaches to help provide some of the game’s most under-pressure figures more financial protection.
The Herald Sun can reveal the league has agreed to increase the maximum payouts at AFL-funded clubs to 12 months for senior coaches and six months for assistants.

It guarantees senior coaches (whose contracts have been terminated early) a full year’s salary upon their departure as part of another welcome move from new chief executive Andrew Dillon.

He's good , he listens , not a flog like Gil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWOS article re. list management positions at West Coast and a few clubs, inc. Swans.

Chris Keane's name mentioned in connection to job at West Coast.
Losing Keane on top of Dalrymple would be a blow. And the Eagles sure have the coin to make a significant offer, let's hope the Boys Own Network wins out over there and he stays with us in Sydney.

Ruddy hell, why would we be interesting in Tone from the Saints!! He's not impressed me at all.

It's understood the Swans are keen to appoint a recruiter by early February, as new footy boss Leon Cameron gets his feet under the table.

Toce is believed to be on their radar, though if Keane left they would need to hire an additional official too.

Last edited:
Losing Keane on top of Dalrymple would be a blow. And the Eagles sure have the coin to make a significant offer, let's hope the Boys Own Network wins out over there and he stays with us in Sydney.

Ruddy hell, why would we be interesting in Tone from the Saints!! He's not impressed me at all.

It's understood the Swans are keen to appoint a recruiter by early February, as new footy boss Leon Cameron gets his feet under the table.

Toce is believed to be on their radar, though if Keane left they would need to hire an additional official too.

I'll do it.

The bit you quoted in italics (where the author has not attributed a source) looks like it was taken directly from my post a week or two ago. Is it possible they really do get stories from BF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back