Coaching Staff Sydney Swans Assist Coaching & Recruiting Staff: The Brains Trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Sydney Swan Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: John Longmire Thread for Head Coach can be found here
Executive General Manager Football: Leon Cameron
Dean Cox
Jarrad McVeigh
Mark McVeigh
Ben Matthews

Swans Academy:
Colin O'Riordan (Male Academy)

Last edited:

Wasn't his gripe at the western muts over dunderhead bevo being too overbearing? I could only imagine Lyons being just as bad if not worse.
Though you could be right and after the mess RtB left saints in last time, they may rein his control in somewhat this time.
Won't happen , him and Bevo want full control . But KB is the boss , but i feel he won't be around much longer

Section on our recruitment team set-up at the end of the article (below)

"This year is a year of transition for Sydney's list management department, with new head of football Leon Cameron part of a collaborative setup that will also include backline coach Mark McVeigh closer to the AFL Draft."

Interesting. That fits with Spike's intel informing the decision to draft Snell. But how does it fit with his being a coach?

Interesting. That fits with Spike's intel informing the decision to draft Snell. But how does it fit with his being a coach?
A few years ago Laidler was also very close to the list management team, possibly due to being the NEAFL coach.
I think they try to utilise people's skills and also give them development experiences which would tie in with what appears to be the management style rather than stick them in a box.

A few years ago Laidler was also very close to the list management team, possibly due to being the NEAFL coach.
I think they try to utilise people's skills and also give them development experiences which would tie in with what appears to be the management style rather than stick them in a box.
Necessity is the mother of invention. If those outside of NSW are reluctant to come then provide opportunities for those who want it.

This is the base NSW football will grow from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back