Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
Will Big Brain ever be beaten?

Of course he will one day but how good has he been at FB this year. I think he has beaten his opponent every week so far this season, with maybe Rocca in round 2 as an exception when he kicked 4, still respectable.

So far this year for Brain:

Rnd 1: McDougall 1 goal
Rnd 2: Rocca 4 goals (Grant may have been on him for a couple of those)
Rnd 3: Neitz 3 goals
Rnd 4: Thompson 2 goals
Rnd 5: Tredrea 2 goals (Treda's in awsome form before this game)
Rnd 6: McKernan, Petrie, Haris 3 between them ( not sure who Brain played on most of the day)

1 of Tredreas goals was on Grant aswell.I found a good stats site and Harris third in spoils for the competition and we as a team are also ranked third.

Originally posted by Dog Town
1 of Tredreas goals was on Grant aswell.I found a good stats site and Harris third in spoils for the competition and we as a team are also ranked third.

Can you post a URL for the stats site?

Re: Will Big Brain ever be beaten?

Originally posted by Palace03
Of course he will one day but how good has he been at FB this year. I think he has beaten his opponent every week so far this season, with maybe Rocca in round 2 as an exception when he kicked 4, still respectable.

So far this year for Brain:

Rnd 1: McDougall 1 goal
Rnd 2: Rocca 4 goals (Grant may have been on him for a couple of those)
Rnd 3: Neitz 3 goals
Rnd 4: Thompson 2 goals
Rnd 5: Tredrea 2 goals (Treda's in awsome form before this game)
Rnd 6: McKernan, Petrie, Haris 3 between them ( not sure who Brain played on most of the day)

I think you'll find 2 of Rocca's goals and 1 of Tredrea's were on Grant.

Our spine is looking very nice.

Originally posted by localyokel
Can you post a URL for the stats site?
pro-stats

Found it on the north board.Not official stats apparently there done independently so I dont think they have included yesterdays stats as yet.Have a look at the team rankings for one percenters which includes shepherds,smothers,knock ons etc and you will be pleasantly suprised;)

pro-stats

Found it on the north board.Not official stats apparently there done independently so I dont think they have included yesterdays stats as yet.Have a look at the team rankings for one percenters which includes shepherds,smothers,knock ons etc and you will be pleasantly suprised;)
Dont think that worked but you can go on the north board and go through that link.Its in the thread titled "does anyone know of a good stats site".

Dont think that worked but you can go on the north board and go through that link.Its in the thread titled "does anyone know of a good stats site".

Yeah I tried to click on it and it came up for a nanosecond, but then I got a 404error message. Weird.

Thanks for the link though.

Originally posted by OldSchool
Harris against Lloyd this week will be a huge test. Harris is great in the wrestling contests but has not really been tested so far by a leading forward. Should do OK if the midfield can keep it tight.
Yep its always been the sort of player I have thought Harris might struggle with although he wasnt to bad in that area against Nietz who is brilliant on the lead.Against Neitz the only time he got the ball on the lead was when the ball came in with little or no pressure but if the kicks coming in were slightly high or wide Harris was able to make up the ground and get a spoil in.The midfielders really need to give Harris a chop out and pressure the kicks coming in against the dons because Lloyd will get a yard or two on him.

Originally posted by localyokel
Yeah I tried to click on it and it came up for a nanosecond, but then I got a 404error message. Weird.

Thanks for the link though.
Theres some brilliant stats in there.They have team rankings for everything from goals directly from kick ins,throw ins and centre bounces.They even have a break down of where the kick ins for each team usually go.I think we are second for scoring directly from a kick in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back