Will Collingwood try to move Grundy on with that contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't want him - Ruck for us is almost the least most important position we need to get better talent in. ROB will do the job OK - not great, but OK and that's enough

As I said, anyone taking on his contract would be giving up a nominal pick or fringe player and thats it. And I say that as someone who really liked Grundy as a player and remember watching him playing at Sturt before his AFL career, but he just does not in any way shape or form fit what we need for our list profile. I'd rather DeGoey
Agreed with this - Crows don't need Grundy. ROB is a top 10 ruckman in the comp so would question the need to sell the farm for a top gun ruck when they're a few years from the premiership window, which would align with Grundy's retirement.

North - Xerri has shown some good signs this year, so he'd likely leave if Grundy came in. North would have a similar argument to Adelaide - too far away from the premiership window to sell the farm unless it was a salary cap dump and Collingwood threw some good draft picks at North. Would expect North to have more salary cap room.

GWS - certainly may have interest in chasing a big ruckman as the current stock are sufficient, but not great. Would be a good fit.

IMO - GWS would be the most suitable location, or perhaps Sydney if their magic salary cap can create room

Would Collingwood really pay $300k of his salary over 5 years? Because no one is going to pay anywhere near what he's currently getting.
Why would they keep him when Cameron's a better option for 400k, why have 2 quality ruckman, when Grundy can't play fwd and has trade currency, it gives them 600k extra to spend, Geelong haven't got the ability to trade for him, it's with crows, port, Kangas or giants

Why would they keep him when Cameron's a better option for 400k, why have 2 quality ruckman, when Grundy can't play fwd and has trade currency, it gives them 600k extra to spend, Geelong haven't got the ability to trade for him, it's with crows, port, Kangas or giants
Dees or GWS.

Dees now resigned to losing Jackson.

Hope not, word is tigers and pies are the front runners for Taranto. Pushing out Grundy would be the only way they get him under the cap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they pay for him to play at the kitty litter i will *ing never forgive them.
Demons i can handle to get players in as it will top our team off so we become a truly powerful unit.
And the demons may well get another flag which they deserve for their efforts over the past 5-6 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back