Opinion Will Geelong's boutique home ground ruin the Cats final chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

I must say it'd be ridiculous for a team like Collingwood or Richmond to play a final at KP because they NEVER play H&A there. They wouldn't even know where it was. So geelong can either:

Play 11 home games at KP and their finals

or

Play 7-8 home games at KP but accept their finals will be at MCG or Docklands like every other Vic team.

OP has melted so hard on the bay his crappy threads have made it to the main board.
Mate the Bigfooty is not just for the Geelong supporters, it's for reasoned discussion. If Geelong do go out in straight sets again, questions will be asked by the Geelong hierarchy about the use of Kardinia Park.My bet is that the boundarys will be widened on the wings at some stage. The ground is not realistic enough in my view and means Geelong plays at t hf e G with a handicap.

I think

I think they have lost 6 out of their last 7 finals there.
How many finals did they win at the G between 2007-2011? Vastly superior side to 2012-2018.

Also, if your motivation to start this is because of the Tom Lynch thread then you’re just going to get hosed by Cats fans and rightly so.

How many finals did they win at the G between 2007-2011? Vastly superior side to 2012-2018.

Also, if your motivation to start this is because of the Tom Lynch thread then you’re just going to get hosed by Cats fans and rightly so.
I'm talking recent history. I genuinely believe that Kardinia Park is an unfair advantage like a lot of football people.Most oppo players that play there play there for the first time.How is that fair?

They should have a home final there, but they won't.

Just like our 2015 elimination final should have been at ETIHAD but wasn't.
I think Geelong should get 3 games there every year, and the Bulldogs and Saints two each.Allowing one side to monopolize the ground is not right imo.It's not like Geelong is an interstate team, it's a 50 minute drive to Melbourne these days.

I do think it's unfair to all the other Victorian clubs as they have to play their home games at the dockland or the G.

Ummm. Last time I checked Geelong isn't part of Melbourne & there's no need for them to relocate of their games to Melbourne to make thing's fair for the rest of the Victorian based teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate the Bigfooty is not just for the Geelong supporters, it's for reasoned discussion. If Geelong do go out in straight sets again, questions will be asked by the Geelong hierarchy about the use of Kardinia Park.My bet is that the boundarys will be widened on the wings at some stage. The ground is not realistic enough in my view and means Geelong plays at t hf e G with a handicap.
Handicap? We've won the same amount of games at the MCG this year then we have at KP. The difference is we have a 100% record at the G.

Ummm. Last time I checked Geelong isn't part of Melbourne & there's no need for them to relocate of their games to Melbourne to make thing's fair for the rest of the Victorian based teams.
It's basically an outer suburb of Melbourne now. It was only a legitimate country team in the days of the horse and cart.

I'm talking recent history. I genuinely believe that Kardinia Park is an unfair advantage like a lot of football people.Most oppo players that play there play there for the first time.How is that fair?

Who ******* cares?

We're the only sport that cares about this s**t.

You should be rewarded with playing at your home ground if you finish higher.

Just like the NBA where the higher placing team gets home court advantage with the potential to play 4 of the 7 games of a series at home and the first 2 at home.

Handicap? We've won the same amount of games at the MCG this year then we have at KP. The difference is we have a 100% record at the G.
You've lost 6 of yr last 7 finals there and by a fair margin.

Because they were forced to by the AFL.
So? Oakley and Jackson at the same time were telling Geelong to do likewise. We stood up to them and refused to move. North stood up to Vlad and refused to move to the GC.

You’ll never get your way if you meekly accept what the AFL demand

I think Geelong should get 3 games there every year, and the Bulldogs and Saints two each.Allowing one side to monopolize the ground is not right imo.It's not like Geelong is an interstate team, it's a 50 minute drive to Melbourne these days.

Maybe Richmond could charter flights from Melbourne to Avalon & Avalon to Melbourne so it's not such a long trip down the Highway for Richmond.

Perhaps even fly at a low altitude to help with their recovery on their way back to Melbourne airport.

Maybe Richmond could charter flights from Melbourne to Avalon & Avalon to Melbourne so it's not such a long trip down the Highway for Richmond.

Perhaps even fly at a low altitude to help with their recovery on their way back to Melbourne airport.
That's my point, it's not far to travel.

It’s no different to playing in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney.

Last year WC were basically given no chance after their horror 2015 GF showing yet managed to claw back the game and win.

Who is playing their for the first time? Jesus mate you really are struggling to piece together a decent argument here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back